Delisted #40: Ben Howlett - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird stays on.
Howlett likely to re-sign..

Nothing to see here. These aren't the signs you are looking for.

There may be an argument that, probably with the exception of WCE, those teams have all had fairly weak defenses. Would love to see his goal kicking against the likes of Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo in the same time frame.

Just knew all the cynics would come out. You've still gotta kick them!! Who's kicking the goals for us against the s**t sides we perennially struggle against?? If Garlett slaughters the minnows... then great!! It may get us the two extra wins we usually piss down the drain every year (Dees, Stk this year) & give us a top 4 shot!

It would be good news regardless.

Then we could think about getting Garlett cheaper. Right Ben the Gooner? I'm warming to the idea now. Guess I was just pissed at a swap with Howlett after all.

It seems like Carlton are the most desperate party to get a Garlett deal done. You'd think pick 50 odd would comfortably get it done. Possibly with a token late (presumably unused for them) pick coming back to us.

11.03am: Ben Howlett is likely to stay at the Bombers IF Hirdy remains as coach, his manager Jason Dover tells Trade Radio.

"He's very much a James Hird fan, he's played his best footy under Hirdy, and when he came back they had a great meeting together. He's comfortable if Hird coaches there will be a commitment to Essendon.

"We were waiting some direction from the club on who will coach and we believe that happened to an extent yesterday afternoon (at Essendon).

If Bomber Thompson is named coached will you try to find another club?
"It's not that Ben wasn't happy playing under Bomber it's more a case of where Essendon is going.

"We have had preliminary discussions with both WA clubs."
from http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-07/live-trade-period-day-two-plus-free-agency-latest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If these guys can only play at Essendon under Hird then it is time to move them on. Even if we were to ignore the off field s**t, this is year 5 of the 'Hird era' and if we have a poor start to the year, keep fading out late in the year or scrape into the top 8 only to bomb in finals then questions should be asked on whether he's the right coach moving forward

Where does this leave those who "support the players not hird", will they be supporting the players at their new clubs?
It's a little of both.

I don't think it is healthy to have a board who is controlled by players views. But, their views need to be taken into account too.

Need a wider focus group.

Shame you don't get to choose your boss isn't it?

If Ben Howlett wants to go, he can. He's out of contract.

Do you think it's that simple? After 2 years of angst and frustration the fact he's willing to back his coach speaks volumes. Maybe he doesn't want to be part of a club that is willing to treat its own employees so appallingly.

Shame you don't get to choose your boss isn't it?

If Ben Howlett wants to go, he can. He's out of contract.
Weren't you claiming that Hird been sacked because the players 'didn't want him to appeal' and thus he was now 'seperate' to the players.. and thus had to go..

You and ogg cat are funny really...

You now have PUBLIC confirmation of what I have been saying all week.. and you have been abusing me and calling me delusional about.. and you still don't want to see the truth.

Howlett is just the first to make this public.. there are more.. many more.

So now you want to see our whole playing list disassembled... fantastic. That will get us to the top quicker...

BUMP!!!!!

48120_3853914765191_713866228_n.jpg

Will he play in 2010?
Will HE PLAY IN 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back