Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
At pick 16 the Sydney Swans select AA U18 ruck Will Green

WILL GREEN

Will Green.jpg

Date of Birth: 08/09/2005 ; Height: 204cm
Draft: #16 - 2023
Recruited From: Northern Knights

A developing tall, Green showcased his potential with three promising performances
as Metro's go-to. He proved hard to move in the ruck, displaying outstanding craft while also expanding his game
around the ground. There, he clunked clean marks at the highest point and was mobile enough to lay tackles. The
Northern Knights captain averaged 12 touches and 24 hitouts.

Last edited:
Green is the big bodied inside mid we have all been waiting for. Not as big as Cripps of course, but a close second.
He'll just about reach Cripps' chest if he has another growth spurt in him.

Short Q and A with Will on the club's Instagram, he's asked for three people dead or alive he'd like to have dinner with. One of them is "Charlie Chapman" based on the caption the Swans put on the post. There was someone of that name who played for Fitzroy in the 1920's. A relation of Will's? Or have they stuffed it up and he actually said Charlie Chaplin?

Short Q and A with Will on the club's Instagram, he's asked for three people dead or alive he'd like to have dinner with. One of them is "Charlie Chapman" based on the caption the Swans put on the post. There was someone of that name who played for Fitzroy in the 1920's. A relation of Will's? Or have they stuffed it up and he actually said Charlie Chaplin?

Did they give him a Charlie Chaplin mustache?

Definitely said Chaplin. Loved the answer, definitely left-field for a footy player.

Way better than Grundy's choice of Joe Rogan.

Right, that is a left field and impressive answer from a young lad. And obviously the presumably young/ish Swans social media person had never heard of Charlie Chaplin so just types what they thought it sounded like ... Charlie Chapman. Oh man, so bad.

And Brodie Grundy chose Joe Rogan? Damn, missed that. Of all the people in the world past and present and he chooses him?

My top 3 for dinner on this forum would be:

1. Bedford
2. GUH
3. Sataris

Now I heard the Bear and Coot is a good place for a feed ?

Daniel Currie vibes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wondered what the Swans saw in Will Green.

Now I see it - he's taller than a Norfolk Pine.

Which makes him the 2nd tallest player in the AFL, behind only Patrick Cripps.

1708320164932.png

I wondered what the Swans saw in Will Green.

Now I see it - he's taller than a Norfolk Pine.

Which makes him the 2nd tallest player in the AFL, behind only Patrick Cripps.

View attachment 1908597
Haven't seen a lot of Will in the club stuff but I feel a good vibe. Looks a bit like a baby giraffe but surprisingly well coordinated, doesn't shirk the contact with the mature bodies, looks as if he has a clue or two in the forward line and seems to be enjoying himself. Can't wait to see him running around at BISP.

Haven't seen a lot of Will in the club stuff but I feel a good vibe. Looks a bit like a baby giraffe but surprisingly well coordinated, doesn't shirk the contact with the mature bodies, looks as if he has a clue or two in the forward line and seems to be enjoying himself. Can't wait to see him running around at BISP.
I can see Will developing into a Sam Darcy-like player. From the small glimpses of training footage, he seems to be playing in both the ruck and also up forward.

Right, that is a left field and impressive answer from a young lad. And obviously the presumably young/ish Swans social media person had never heard of Charlie Chaplin so just types what they thought it sounded like ... Charlie Chapman. Oh man, so bad.

And Brodie Grundy chose Joe Rogan? Damn, missed that. Of all the people in the world past and present and he chooses
Why can’t he pick Rogan? Wrong political persuasion for you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back