Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

where do u get these Sport sync radios and do they really work ?

You get them here: http://www.sportsyncradio.com/
I have the analogue version so presumably that one with the digital tuner will work better.
And yes they do work, you just turn a little dial to adjust how much delay you want. You can work it out when someone kicks the ball, you just turn the dial so the 'thump' from the radio matches whats on the screen. Then you simply sit back and marvel at how good footy is without those Ch7 flogs ruining it.

We have been crying out for a small forward for years. Jetta wasn't up to it, Davey was a jet for a year til he blew up his knee - go to his pre-draft tape to see some real excitement. Fantasia is quick, has a nice set shot and looks a genuine opportunist which is what you need with the defensive grind of the modern game. Hawthorn won 08 in large part due to its opportunists like Dew, Rioli and Williams who kicked goals from half chances coupled with Geelong completely capitulating in front of the sticks. I am happy with this selection but unfortunately we can't have them all. Next year on the radar I think we need to target a genuine inside ball magnet groomed for when Jobe eventually retires. Wouldn't mind us checking out Willie Rioli JR in this upcoming rookie draft.
Hams maybe?

You get them here: http://www.sportsyncradio.com/
I have the analogue version so presumably that one with the digital tuner will work better.
And yes they do work, you just turn a little dial to adjust how much delay you want. You can work it out when someone kicks the ball, you just turn the dial so the 'thump' from the radio matches whats on the screen. Then you simply sit back and marvel at how good footy is without those Ch7 flogs ruining it.
What are they and how do they sync?

What are they and how do they sync?

They delay the radio coverage by a few seconds. You choose the exact amount of delay you want using a dial. They store the radio audio on a little flash drive in the device for as long as is needed, play it through the speakers and delete it as a continuous process. It means you can line up the footage on TV with the commentary on the radio without the lag that you get if you use a regular radio with the TV on mute.

Really like the awareness and decision making from the short video clip. Looks like a great turn of speed also.

Question marks are around whether he can develop a physique to withstand the rigours of AFL and find it enough.

Matthew Lappin managed over 250 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you done well picking Orazio as i think he is an interesting young player as a small forward/midfielder with good speed, agility, endurance and goal sense. Lightly framed player but is courageous and reads the fall of the ball exceptionally well so good luck with this kid and hope you like my post, Sounds like you replaced davie.

Nice of you to pop in :thumbsu:

44 days until round 1

Red and Black Preview, #46, Orazio Fantasia
20131126_Orazio_P.jpg

Fantasia looks for a teammate for SA

Orazio Fantasia

Height: 178cms

Weight: 64kgs

Games: o

Fantasy Relevance: No

Look Out For: Speed, Chicken legs, ‘Orazio Fantasia’ based humour.

Fantasia comes to Essendon having already triumphed for his state in the 2013 under 18 carnival and with a senior SANFL premiership already under his belt.

Known for his pace, courage, and nose for the goals, the (very) small forward was one of new assistant coach Nathan Bassett’s favourites at former club Norwood, where he earned an unexpected call up to the senior side for the SANFL grand final.

What to Expect in 2014: Don’t expect senior football from Fantasia in 2014, he’s just flat out too lightly built to make a real impact, and would be behind the likes of Winderlich, Chapman and Zaharakis in any event. However don’t rule out Orazio making his presence felt in the VFL, where several other very small footballers have done well in recent years.

Look for him to play mainly in the forward line and occasionally through the midfield in 2014, where he can use his pace and disposal to kick and create goals for his teammates. As with all Essendon youngsters, he will be shifted around the field at times to educate him, but look for him to settle in as a goal sneak who can work his way further upfield.

They delay the radio coverage by a few seconds. You choose the exact amount of delay you want using a dial. They store the radio audio on a little flash drive in the device for as long as is needed, play it through the speakers and delete it as a continuous process. It means you can line up the footage on TV with the commentary on the radio without the lag that you get if you use a regular radio with the TV on mute.
Sorry Orazio but I want to know more about this radio.

Are they any good to use at the actual game? I bought a digital radio and it is delayed by almost 30 seconds.

Are they any good to use at the actual game? I bought a digital radio and it is delayed by almost 30 seconds.

Yeah, digital radios suck!! I bought one for other purposes and I take it when I want to listen to crisp pre-game stuff but for the game I flick it back to crappy analogue... very annoying!

They'll be the same as any other digital or analogue radio you can buy, the main advantage of them however is at home when you are watching the game on TV you can sync the TV vision with the radio commentary. They don't go back in time though so you can't speed up the delivery of the audio so it is in synch with the live action at a game.

They'll be the same as any other digital or analogue radio you can buy, the main advantage of them however is at home when you are watching the game on TV you can sync the TV vision with the radio commentary. They don't go back in time though so you can't speed up the delivery of the audio so it is in synch with the live action at a game.

More interested in the quality of the radio itself. I have a HTC One that has a built in FM tuner (analogue) and it receives FM well, but when the game isn't on MMM I have to take a very average analogue radio - still yet to find a good AM radio...

Really excited by this kid after what I saw in the VFL.

He chases, has pace, harasses, and is very smart around goal.

4 Goals & 22 Disposals.

Really excited by this kid after what I saw in the VFL.

He chases, has pace, harasses, and is very smart around goal.

4 Goals & 22 Disposals.

o_O

Fantasia could be vital to our future because Winderlich/Chapman won't be around for long in all likelyhood and we will need guys like him and Merrett to step up and fill these positions. Great to hear that's performing so well. Although his body is supposedly a fair way off afl level at present not that that has stopped Gleeson.

Was seriously good against North Ballarat on Saturday. Intense without the ball and classy with it.

He's tiny but it shouldn't hold him back from getting a couple of games as sub. Doesn't strike me as being far behind Merrett at all.

Last edited:
Back