Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell do we keep finding kids like this? Defies belief. I know he still has to do it in the big time, but, our recruiters should be more than commended for some of our draft selections.

Bomber did the same thing for the Cats in the early 2000's, he's had a heap to do with recruiting since coming across.

Bomber did the same thing for the Cats in the early 2000's, he's had a heap to do with recruiting since coming across.

Big time.
This one was a Bassett master stroke though wasn't it? I know he coached him last year.
To pick up a kid who is all of what 30kgs(not srs) who was on literally no other club's radar and watch him turn it on like he did on Saturday. Crazy good.

How the hell do we keep finding kids like this? Defies belief. I know he still has to do it in the big time, but, our recruiters should be more than commended for some of our draft selections.
Pretty sure Nathan Basset was a huge influence.

Pretty sure Nathan Basset was a huge influence.
He was, absolutely, but I am sure he would have had to have convinced Bomber to have a look at him.
I knew we'd found one the moment Bassett moved heaven and hell to get him to Essendon!
Just glad to have a promising small forward on the list!

don't be so sure he was on nobody else's radar. it's just that the sub 180 guys who are all of 70 kegs soaking wet very rarely go in the national draft, we just had a better read on him through Bassett and backed ourself in.

I was really impressed by his game on saturday

Big time.
This one was a Bassett master stroke though wasn't it? I know he coached him last year.
To pick up a kid who is all of what 30kgs(not srs) who was on literally no other club's radar and watch him turn it on like he did on Saturday. Crazy good.
Great stuff from Bassett. Fooled everyone into thinking Fuller was the best Norwood player for drafting than pulls out this kid instead!

The interesting thing will be long term whether he can provide SOME stints in the middle like a Eddie Betts or a Milne. Very rare to see stay at home small forwards work. Looks promising though.

Endurance is supposed to be one of his strengths so it's likely.

Yep, as I said the signs are there. If he can develop into a Rioli type mid/forward that would be the upper version of ideal. I'd take a Betts type as well. We have lacked a small forward for years!

The interesting thing will be long term whether he can provide SOME stints in the middle like a Eddie Betts or a Milne. Very rare to see stay at home small forwards work. Looks promising though.

Wouldn't worry about him being a stay at home small forward. Sure, he's a natural but he spent as much time up the ground as not.

He looks a genuine small forward. His goal sense looked fantastic. I think the stay at home small forward can work if you have key forwards that can work up the ground, which seems like Joe will be, and also if that small forward gets you 2-3 goals a game. So you leave Ryder/Bellchambers forward and Fantasia forward to crumb him, as well as maybe a resting midfielder. Obviously they can move up and around when required, but that is a starting point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just keep a lid on it.

It was a pretty low level VFL game, and his last goal was from a freakish bounce away from two opposition players.
He is what we need, so I can understand the excitement, but let's not build him up too much just yet.

Yeah at the time i thought it seemed he pushed forward a lot for a defender.

Makes a little more sense now though. Not sure where I got that from.
Matt Fuller, the other Norwood player drafted is a defender. Maybe you mixed them up.

Taken over as a emergency last week. A chance of a debut soon or just a nice little trip home?

Both I'd say.

Well, a crafty small forward might be the thing to give Collingwood's defence a working over.

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a gig, although he'd be down the list of potential inclusions.

Back