Hawkamania!

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2007
My house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
49ers,Box Hill,NT Thunder
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/player.../rookie/season/2010/selected/bio/default.aspx

221700.jpg

Height: 186cm
Weight: 76Kg
DOB: 03-07-1992

Son of Hawthorn great Chris Langford. Displaying excellent athleticism, Will plays across half back or in the midfield and has an outstanding training ethic.

Will represented NSW in the AFL Under 18 competition in 2009, but missed in 2010 due to injury and illness.

Re: 2011 Player Review -SUGGESTED FORMAT NOW IN FIRST POST - Post your reviews here!

Will Langford 2011

DSC03956_thumb.jpg

Number: 48
Height: 187cm
Weight: 80kg
DOB: 03/07/92

2011 stats
Games: 0
Goals: 0
Behinds: 0
Kicks: 0
Handballs: 0
Marks: 0

Will Langford was selected with pick 85 in the rookie draft of 2010 under the NSW AFL scholarship program. The name Langford is synonymous with the Hawthorn Football Club with his father being one of the clubs greatest ever players as evidenced by his selection in Hawthorn’s ‘Team of the Century.’

Will’s first year at the club has been tarnished by injury. His first appearance in the year came halfway through the VFL season in the Box Hill development squad. A string of strong performances saw him promoted into the senior side where he showed a lot of promise rotating as a key defender and half-back flanker.

His best attributes lie within his defensive contribution to the team. He is a fantastic reader of the play and is able to position himself in such a way that more often than not he is able to effectively spoil or even out-mark his opposition. His courage and fearlessness helped him in these areas, and you would often see him tracking back with the flight of the ball into a pack, desperate to get a spoil. He has a lovely kick, and despite not possessing the greatest amount of pace, his run off half-back was invaluable during the VFL season.

In 2012 we can expect to see a lot more from Will. A full preseason along with good from in the NAB cup and VFL could see him make a debut at some point in 2012 and hopefully an elevation onto the main list at the end of the year.

Re: 2011 Player Review -SUGGESTED FORMAT NOW IN FIRST POST - Post your reviews here!

Watched Will at Werribee Saturday night and I thought Langford showed great energy and endeavour. I thought he did not get a huge amount but was smart and used the ball well. I have to add that my brother was at the game (I sat at the terrace end he sat other pocket from grandstand) and he thought he showed great endeavour but his disposal was very average. We had different views on a few players disposal. So I can only say thats what I saw. Mind you the lighting made it difficult to see the play well from the other end and my eyes are deteriorating as well so ...

Only watched a quarter against Port Melb again Will goes in hard but does spray the ball by foot a bit. Will has had alot of injuries so hope some consistency comes with games week in week out.

Watched the game live but also wanted to watch the replay before commenting but I didn't record the game successfully!! Will gave mixed output with most aspects of his game. Endeavour which I usually don't question was up and down. Great at times but at least 3 or 4 occasions where he was content to let the ball bounce than hit it hard. This resulted in 50/50 contests rather than taking control of the ball. Overall he made contributions to the game but his impact was fairly minimal. He played considerable time in the forward which was probably the greatest point of interest. He didn't look out of place there.

Just wondering why young Wil didn't play against Coburg on the weekend

I don't know what's wrong with Will but he isn't really bringing his usual energy to his last few games. I did see the Frankston game but just didn't want to post and be negative. I'm hoping that he gets his body right, whatever is wrong so he gets the opportunity to play to his ability. At the moment he is not!

i heard on the radio that he had something wrong with his back?

Hopefully not a back related hamstring, or similar concern.

Will's last game was round 9 back on 19th May. I assume he was injured in that game as he only had 4 possies. I was at the game but to be honest I don't recall when the injury occurred!
Hawthorn injury list has been updated this week, adding a number of Hawthorn listed Box Hill players to it from the weekend. Will Langford still 1 week with shoulder injury. Hopefully that is accurate and we see Will on the park soon so he can have a few games running into the finals. Fingers crossed Will can be injury free for the remainder of the season.

hurt shoulder? can anyone confirm? apparently broke his shoulder and dislocated it in a tackle, heard through a mate on another forum, not sure it its confirmed though. anyone kno wany further?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langers has been so consistent this season! Thrives for the contested ball, gets knocked over, bounces back up! Good on him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back