Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't say he wasn't fit, as surely we'd sub him out at 3/4 time in Hobart if we had to? Given he was left on the ground despite having a quiet one, tells me he was fit enough.

He was hardly sighted on Saturday, he had been hobbling around the previous couple of weeks , just think last week would have been the best time to give him a rest as the next 3 games are so massive. We need him up and about from here on end.

Watching live he wasn't hobbling. What he did do was spend a lot more time in the ruck than any previous week. At one point he went to come off and they sent him back into the ruck even though Goldy had already had a good rest. Seemed to me they tried to give Goldy an extra rest. He also brought the ball to ground in marking contests deliberately to the advantage of our crumbers. Doesn't count as a stat but as good as.

Actually just had a quick look at Goldy's TOG % which was 89%, which would have to be his lowest this year you'd think?

Watching live he wasn't hobbling. What he did do was spend a lot more time in the ruck than any previous week. At one point he went to come off and they sent him back into the ruck even though Goldy had already had a good rest. Seemed to me they tried to give Goldy an extra rest. He also brought the ball to ground in marking contests deliberately to the advantage of our crumbers. Doesn't count as a stat but as good as.

Actually just had a quick look at Goldy's TOG % which was 89%, which would have to be his lowest this year you'd think?

Jesus he had two hitouts ! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooodles of footy smarts. Already rated by oppositions with them double tagging/scragging him. Only downside i can see with him is he seems to cop a few niggling injuries. If he can stay near 100% fit god help the opposition.

His read on that kick into the fwd line where he floated behind the pack to take an easy chest mark was all class. Especially as he was pushing back from an ignored lead.

Set shot routine solid as a house.

Being able to chop out in ruck just icing on the cake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back