Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened 'right in front of me'!!!!!!! I wore half my beer fist pumping but it was so worth it.

I watched him though the goals as he picked it up and seemed to kick it straight at me. It was great to watch.

How do people think he went in the ruck?

His first goal last night, with the left foot snap after roving his own ball was sublime. Still so much upside with him, if he can build that upper body strength to hold off the gorilla defenders, he will be quite the defensive nightmare for the oppo.
If there is one weakness in his game, and I mean that there is really only one, it would be that he gets outbodied by the bigger key defenders far too often and can be rag-dolled in the one-on-one marking contests. With a few pre-seasons in the gym I would only assume his strength will massively increase and allow him to hold his own in these contests.

If there is one weakness in his game, and I mean that there is really only one, it would be that he gets outbodied by the bigger key defenders far too often and can be rag-dolled in the one-on-one marking contests. With a few pre-seasons in the gym I would only assume his strength will massively increase and allow him to hold his own in these contests.

I have a mate who breeds big dogs and he reminds of the older puppies, like he hasn't grown fully into his body yet.

That left foot goal was ridiculous.

Yeah he's got a bit of freak about him. He's kicked a few freak goals now. There was one against (I think) Melbourne, where he gathered the ball turned and snapped a goal that any crumber would be proud of. There was also that dribble goal he kicked from the boundary in the VFL

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-26/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-17

8. Big Ben is crucial to the Kangas' success
While North Melbourne is loaded with experienced stars, young forward Ben Brown showed again just how crucial he is to their overall success. The 22-year-old finished with 13 disposals, four marks and kicked 3.2 to be one of his team's most influential players in thumping the Lions. Drew Petrie was the best big man on the field with four goals, but with Jarrad Waite struggling (goalless), Brown stepped up to provide a critical second target. His miraculous left-footed goal in the first quarter after crumbing a stoppage showed he has agility to match brute force. Brown also gives quality short relief for Todd Goldstein in the ruck. - Michael Whiting

Recognition is there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes things happen.

If Naitanui did what Ben did (roved his own tap and then snap a goal with his non-preferred) there would be calls for instant Hall Of Fame inclusion and wall-to-wall semen in the commentary box.

Last edited:
Makes things happen.

If Naitanui did what Ben did (roved his own tap and then snap a goal with his non-preferred) there would be calls for instant Hall Of Fame inclusion.

if he was like frankilin, nic nat, and goodes (i don't mean playing style)he would maybe get at least half the frees he's entitled to aswell.

if he was like frankilin, nic nat, and goodes (i don't mean playing style)he would maybe get at least half the frees he's entitled to aswell.
It looks like (and makes me think): In other words, not a white dude.

And that is terrible for me to admit.

if you think players get frees because they are black you are:

1 Wrong

2 Racist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back