Past #6: Shannon Grant - Sydney '95-'97 - traded to NM for W. Schwass - 243 games for NM (301 overall)

Was shagga unlucky to miss out on AAS.

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rawlings has just made a transition to coaching staff.

That's great, although I think his role is more around development and recruiting. The point I was making though was more around fresh faces from other clubs' programs that could add something new to our approach.

Sounds like change for the sake of it.

Having no outside influence in 3 seasons isn't a healthy thing in my opinion. The game is changing rapidly, and just like a list needs some fresh blood, do does the coaching department. Is delisting of Ross and Pratt in favor of whoever we draft with picks 18 and 40 also a change for the sake of it?

According to a table entitled "Musical chairs" in today's Herald Sun article headed "Footy's new frontier" Scott West is moving from an assistant coach at Melbourne to an assistant coach at North.

Ididn't know this. I thought he was moving from Melbourne to Werribee.

This is either sloppy journalism (highly unlikely) or Scott West is moving from Melbourne to North to be Werribee senior coach and an assistant to Bon.

Anyone know?

Id love to see him back at the club as an assistant coach , Great football brain and from all reports is a great communicator with the players . I know for a fact when he was coaching frankston he contacted the club and implored them to recruit Michael Hibberd . So he also has an eye for talent .

I think there are a couple of people on the board who might oppose that idea. Lesson to all footballers - don't get ****-faced at club social events and then abuse club directors. It will come back to bite you.

Why did the club facilitate footballers to get shitfaced then wonder why they speak their mind?, perhaps in future don't ply the players with alcohol in the presence of administrators.
What would we rather a subservient nation or one that speaks out against tyranny?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm what? Not sure how it’s bait?
Would’ve thought everyone on here would have the same stance on it. If not then the individual has problems.

It's bait because it positions anyone who thinks he might earn a conditional 2nd chance at his career as condoning his original actions.

It's bait because it positions anyone who thinks he might earn a conditional 2nd chance at his career as condoning his original actions.
Nope. Get a 9 to 5 job or do something meaningful then outside of the football industry. Sends a horrible message.

Comparing page 1 of this thread from 2000-01 to the current page is an interesting insight into how the tone of people’s posting on the internet has changed over the years! 🤔

Lol yes!

It’s like reading a gentlemen’s conversation by the fire side

Lol yes!

It’s like reading a gentlemen’s conversation by the fire side
Yeah it’s like:

2000 - Dawn of the new millennium internet

Good Day Yes GIF by HBO

2023 - Post Covid dystopia internet

1698366372870.gif

Back