Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Amazing comments attributable to Sheeds in this morning's Brisbane Sunday Rag:

"The loss will do us the world of good"

"....Most sides are going to come up here and lose by one, two or 12 goals. We finished in the middle of that and will only get better"

:confused: :confused: ?????????????

The only time I have ever heard a coach even suggest that a loss was a good thing is after his side has been on a huge winning streak and "needed" a loss to "re-focus" them.

Maybe Sheeds found a time machine and had just finished revisiting Round 21 2000 when his "greatest of all time" Bombers got rolled by the Dogs.

Hate to break the news Sheeds but this Round 1 2003. If your side wasn't going to be up for this one, I wonder why you believe they are going to get "better"?

Also, I can't remember ANY coach being satisfied with a 43 point drubbing (which should have been more like 83).

Even when we were cannon fodder in 1998, no-one seemed happy about losing by over 7 goals.

If I were a bombers player, I'd be worried or confused, or both, by my coach's latest brainstorm.

Another thing, I watched the Fox replay after coming home from the game . According to the boffin reporting on the Bombers quarter time huddle, the stupid,undidscipled, biffo tactics that they used in the first quarter didn't even rate a mention by Sheeds.

I can only assume that this was the match "plan" and that Sheeds was satisfied that his players had carried it out.

Seems that Sheeds and the Bombers think that their plan against the Lions is to win the fight and not worry about the score.

Bad news.

The last 3 times they've tried this "plan", they've lost the game AND the fight:D

When the wheel turns, and the glory years of the early noughties fail to warm the back any longer and we're scratching to make the 8, I just hope we don't become as bitter and/or humourless as many Bomber fans appear to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back