Players' Goal Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe nobody's chosen a TISM song. Whatareya, He'll Never Be An Ol Man River, Greg! The Stop Sign...

Such family friendly singalong classics...
People could all stand up when Greg the Stop Sign plays and do the associated dance moves: jump up and down and bring both fists towards their head in time with the beat.

I would go for "Thunderbirds are Coming Out" or "Saturday Night Palsy" personally.

There appears to be many in the football community outside of Queensland who turn their noses up at the after goal songs. Maybe they need to get to he Gabba, sit in the crowd and enjoy being part of celebrations. It has become a favourite part of a day at the footy. Long may it be so.

There appears to be many in the football community outside of Queensland who turn their noses up at the after goal songs. Maybe they need to get to he Gabba, sit in the crowd and enjoy being part of celebrations. It has become a favourite part of a day at the footy. Long may it be so.
I mite be wroung, but watching a few games over the weekend, it seems a few other teams are playing songs after goals, although IDK if the players have there own songs like we do or they are random ones. Crows were definitely playing songs after there goals last night.

Personally, I love the goal songs at the Gabba, and hate it elsewhere. It was genuinely annoying to have super loud music between goals during the prelim last year - though to be fair my mood might have been slightly influenced by how the game was going.

It’s grown on me for sure. Still think oppo goals should get the silence they deserve, however.
We could bring back that flushing noise we used to play for Lions' goals for them...

It’s grown on me for sure. Still think oppo goals should get the silence they deserve, however.
Maybe the Gabba needs better synergy with the catering branch and play this instead after every opposition goal:

People could all stand up when Greg the Stop Sign plays and do the associated dance moves: jump up and down and bring both fists towards their head in time with the beat.

I would go for "Thunderbirds are Coming Out" or "Saturday Night Palsy" personally.
No love for 'The Mystery of the Artist Explained'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or this:

Alternatively, someone needs to push the envelope and go for Regurgitator - either would do.

Finally there is this, perhaps the best of the lot…

Too many Aussies still prefer to doff the cap to their supposed betters for this to happen unfortunately.

As a republican, I would be not be upset if a player followed Celtic's lead

If only AFL fans are that inventive, spontaneous and able to create modicum of atmosphere at games. All we have is Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi. I cringe every time some idiot yells it out and other idiots respond.

If only AFL fans are that inventive, spontaneous and able to create modicum of atmosphere at games. All we have is Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi. I cringe every time some idiot yells it out and other idiots respond.
Same, its just so low rent that line and one that i never particpate in.

Saw this in the game day thread from Squizz89 and Nathan Barley:
Screenshot_20230503_223910_Chrome.jpg

Charlie kicked the first goal, and having had a couple of beers at lunch I launched straight into my standard (terrible) rendition of Country Roads... Then realised nobody else was joining in...

I simply reckon that at 1:50 on a Saturday arvo the average punter is more sober than they are at 7:55 on a Friday night. Nothing more, nothing less.

The crowd did pick up enthusiasm during the game which I believe lends weight to my theory.

Same, its just so low rent that line and one that i never particpate in.
Agree, it comes across as very Boganish.

On the atmosphere at the Lions home games I love the long drawn out Llllllllliiiiiiiiiiioooooonnnnnssssss chant that comes out occasionally, gives me goose bumps. Not a big fan of the Brisbane..... Brisbane..... Brisbane.... chant but I can put up with it, not quite as cringeworthy.

Saw this in the game day thread from Squizz89 and Nathan Barley:
View attachment 1677382

Charlie kicked the first goal, and having had a couple of beers at lunch I launched straight into my standard (terrible) rendition of Country Roads... Then realised nobody else was joining in...

I simply reckon that at 1:50 on a Saturday arvo the average punter is more sober than they are at 7:55 on a Friday night. Nothing more, nothing less.

The crowd did pick up enthusiasm during the game which I believe lends weight to my theory.
Should have gone with "Shove your Coronation up your khyber." May have got at list few Republicans join.

On the atmosphere at the Lions home games I love the long drawn out Llllllllliiiiiiiiiiioooooonnnnnssssss chant that comes out occasionally, gives me goose bumps. Not a big fan of the Brisbane..... Brisbane..... Brisbane.... chant but I can put up with it, not quite as cringeworthy.
When it was done by the British & Irish Lions crowd back in 2001 it was beautifully spine-tingling and intimidating. Now the crowd has no patience and wants to repeat the "LIIIIIIIOOOONS" part every second so that it's not drawn out at all. Loses it's effect. This is why people can't have nice things.

One of my favourites was the "What about... He's alright?" that got up at one stage. Probably stopped being effective when the Gabba started injecting 90db whenever they had the chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back