Players' Goal Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

I realise I’m in a very small minority of fans/members who wish they didn’t have to hear any of these songs after every goal so I just suck it up and accept it. But seriously, if they start playing John Farnham I am done with the Brisbane Lions and AFL.
I think you're pretty safe, from memory the royalties than Farnham demands for any non-radio usage is insane.

I think you're pretty safe, from memory the royalties than Farnham demands for any non-radio usage is insane.
Randomly, I heard it used at the Hong Kong rugby sevens recently.

My gut reaction is to poo-poo it. but anything that gets the traditionally conservative and reactive Gabba crowd is probably a good thing. Obviously, the club recommend songs for the players to a degree - they would be well-advised to tune into the darts for ideas if the players can't come up on their own.

Yeah. 2020 was the first year. Remember coming back from the Covid interlude only to be hit with Chuck’s Baby Shark celebration.
Yeah I remember that time. Mask mandatory, ear plugs recommended

Yeah. 2020 was the first year. Remember coming back from the Covid interlude only to be hit with Chuck’s Baby Shark celebration.

One of my fondest memories at the footy is watching Charlie kick a goal in a close game, as Robbo comes in to fly the flag and a brawl breaks out while Baby Shark plays in the background. Can’t remember what game it was but laughed pretty hard.

Did anyone catch what Wilmot’s song was? By the time I stopped celebrating I thought it sounded like Flagpole Sitta, which is a phenomenal choice if in only making me want to watch Peep Show all the time

I hope the Easter Bunny came to all you boys and girls, don't overdo eating the her chocolate eggs, you know you will regret it if you do.

One of my fondest memories at the footy is watching Charlie kick a goal in a close game, as Robbo comes in to fly the flag and a brawl breaks out while Baby Shark plays in the background. Can’t remember what game it was but laughed pretty hard.

Did anyone catch what Wilmot’s song was? By the time I stopped celebrating I thought it sounded like Flagpole Sitta, which is a phenomenal choice if in only making me want to watch Peep Show all the time
There's definitely something playing, it's too feint to make out :( 3:40 of the 2nd quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am showing my age but I think Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, James Madden, Cam Rayner, Connor McKenna, James Tunstill, Eric Hipwood, Ryan Lester, Jack Payne and Kalin Lane all made great selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back