• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are unbelievable. Jay Z has battled injury all year and bashed his body trying to lift this team and all you guys do is whinge and whine like little schoolgirls. He should have never been a sub. He should've started the game and taken breaks in the forward line if he needed it. Players like him shouldnt be subs just like Wellsy last year.

It stinks of another dumbass Wild Scotts decision. It seems we get dumb decisions every week from this coach.

Why do you call him Wild Scotts?

Look at the record of the Lions in their premiership years. Matthews played, from recollection, about 17 to 18 players most, if not all, of the time and about 4 to 5 spots were up for grabs. It is a great concept, for the calibre of the players then playing for the Lions- but does it fit the NM model.

Further it may be said, quite reasonably, that NM as a team has caught up talent wise with JZ, or more despairingly, JZ has fallen talent wise to the rest of the NM team.

There will be no major changes next game, a few of the fringe players will be dropped, if fit Wells will come in and another tried player will be brought back in.

Jesus, if Ziebell was rusty, imagine how Wells would go if he was rushed in? I don't think he will be rushed, he should come back slowly as Swallow did.

Yep. His decision making and general leadership has been very poor. School kids hack it around like he does.....but admittedly they keep their feet better to stay in the contest, rather than going to ground and doing a great impression of a beached whale.

But the coach does have to take some responsibility, because it keeps on happening. We are talking a quality player at his best, and apparently our players are "very coachable". Ok, well why does he keep making the same basic mistakes over and over again?

That contest on the wing he lost to Kade Frikken Simpson was a perfect example. A smart footballer like Pendlebury would keep his feet and had Simpson on toast but not Jack. Loses contest and goes to ground. He just can't get going to ground out of his head.

He has been the biggest victim of LT snapping Rohan's leg as it's taking his biggest weapon just diving out of the contest.

He hasn't adapted yet at all and not sure if he will ever !!!

Jesus, if Ziebell was rusty, imagine how Wells would go if he was rushed in? I don't think he will be rushed, he should come back slowly as Swallow did.
You'd hope so with Wells but I don't see it.

What have you seen or heard about Wells' return being fast-tracked? It all sounds very patient to me.

It seems to me that Scott rarely puts his senior players through the VFL ( long term injuries to one side - and even then- for a short time) so if Wells is physically fit, as against match fit, there will be a strong chance he will play.

There is the difference that you can't see.

One is a footballer who can't keep his feet an adapt and the other is a smart outside footballer who can adapt quickly.

You do the maths my friend !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The campaigner aint no good in the guts, have said that for two ****en years.

Has forward written all over him.
I agree he is a good forward. But the bolded bit is absolute utter garbage. He was very good in the middle in the first half

He's a much better Forward than he is a mid. Funny how BF have been calling for this move for donkeys months yet Brad dies it in a game where the result doesn't mean much! Has to play forward from the start in the next 2 games as it will throw opposition match up out.

So apart from Round 1, it is the third time this season we've switched to a 2-tall forwardline (+ Ziebell) and won the game.

FFS - when is Scott going to realise that setup suits us much more?

At this point, I don't really care if it's Black or Brown as the second tall. Just drop one!

This should be our forwardline for the next two weeks ...

HB: Ziebell - Black/Brown - Wells
B: Thomas - Petrie - Turner

People have been screaming this for yonks..................70% forward / 30% relief in the middle or when we need a clutch break from the square or needing jack to stem the flow out of the game if the opposition team has a run on. We have a good core of players that can run through the middle but we lack marking power up forward.

Overall he is more effective as a forward then as a full time midfielder. He's a strong overhead mark and knows where the goals are. He wasted a few opportunity today which was frustrating because as good as he was, he could have been a fair bit better, but anyway the flexibility we have with Cunnington and Ziebell as forwards is good to have.

Ideally Ziebell should spend most of his time forward with bursts in the middle, and Cunnington most of his time in the middle with bursts up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back