Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#7 Jack Ziebell

ZIEBELL%20Jack.png

Games: 20
Goals: 18

Summary:
The man who embodies the fighting spirit of the North Melbourne Football Club enjoyed a gruelling pre-season campaign, putting himself in great physical condition to attack his sixth season at the elite level. He was disappointing in the opening game of the season against Essendon, and suffered a painful shoulder injury early in Round 2 against the Bulldogs. Deciding to keep fighting on, Ziebell threw himself into packs and tackles regardless of the pain he was in, and was a key reason the Roos were able to break away for a five goal win. However, he would miss three weeks, returning in Round 6 against Fremantle in Perth. He averaged 25 disposals, 6.3 marks and 4.5 tackles from the next four weeks, however it coincide in great team form, losing two of the games to both the Gold Coast and Geelong.

He was a driving factor in North's stunning comeback against Richmond in Round 12, finishing with 18 possessions, six marks, seven tackles and two goals. Following the disappointing loss to the Brisbane Lions in Round 15, Ziebell was ruled out for two weeks with knee soreness. He returned as the substitute in Round 18 against Carlton, failing to have an impact, but his form slowly built towards September, culminating in a best on ground performance in Round 22 against Adelaide in Hobart. Ziebell changed the game up forward, kicking 4.5 from 25 touches, eight marks and three tackles.

He was quiet in North Melbourne's finals campaign, but he stepped up when the team needed him. In the Elimination Final against Essendon, he took a towering grab in the third quarter and slotted a goal as the Roos came back hard, then in the Semi Final against the Cats, he took six marks, laid eight tackles and slotted two clutch goals in the final quarter to maintain his team's lead over the charging Geelong side. He couldn't have an impact a week later against Sydney, but he wasn't on his own.

Ziebell managed to curb his attack on the ball and the man, not getting suspended for the first time since 2010, however injuries to both his shoulder and knee meant he still missed five games. With his ability to go forward and take a contested mark, Ziebell looks set for a massive year in 2015, and could be a surprise packet inside forward 50 with the strength of the inside midfielders already in the best 22.

Jack Ziebell knows full well it was not that long ago that North Melbourne was a finals powerhouse.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-09-04/were-given-the-power-nmfc

While some fans may have been surprised at Jack Ziebell’s recent exploits in the forward line, to his father it’s to be expected.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-09-11/jack-attack

Jack-Ziebell-1-657x448.jpg

029259-dc558f38-f9ef-11e3-9463-539ac6ca705b.jpg

Jack-Ziebell-657x448.jpg

702665-0334b2e0-ba40-11e3-8a33-c23c348170ff.jpg

248898-40e03d92-2a90-11e4-80fd-d0db9517e116.jpg

Ziebell should be held to the same standard as every other player on the list. Alternatively the same excuses should be made for every other player which get made for Ziebell.

If every player had a serious shoulder injury, then sure.

Ziebell should be held to the same standard as every other player on the list. Alternatively the same excuses should be made for every other player which get made for Ziebell.

Anything in particular you are referring to BD? To be honest I've always felt he gets held to a slightly higher standard in many ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big season coming up for ziebell. praying he has an injury free pre season and season

Half way through the first quarter of the Semi V Geelong.

I really hope he spends a good amount of time in the forward line. Every ball in dispute, his body is in there knocking hoops left and right. Stokes is still probably sore after one hit. With the chase of Petrie, harassing of LT, KO hits of Turner and the brute force of Ziebell, defenders will not be looking forward to playing us.

As I'm typing this he receives the ball high half forward, stops, reassesses and weights a perfect ball to Petrie.

So bloody keen for 2015!

I really hope he spends a good amount of time in the forward line. Every ball in dispute, his body is in there knocking hoops left and right. Stokes is still probably sore after one hit. With the chase of Petrie, harassing of LT, KO hits of Turner and the brute force of Ziebell, defenders will not be looking forward to playing us.

As I'm typing this he receives the ball high half forward, stops, reassesses and weights a perfect ball to Petrie.

So bloody keen for 2015!

Last line is sigworthy. Catchy and rhymy.

So bloody keen for 2015!

That pass to Dish was sex.

I still can't believe there are people who think he can't kick.

That pass to Dish was sex.

I still can't believe there are people who think he can't kick.
When he has a bit of time he could take a nipple off at 50m.

It's when he's forced to kick as soon as he takes possession it goes awry. Just bombs it up high and it becomes a 50/50 ball at best.

His actual kicking is underrated though.

When he has a bit of time he could take a nipple off at 50m.

It's when he's forced to kick as soon as he takes possession it goes awry. Just bombs it up high and it becomes a 50/50 ball at best.

His actual kicking is underrated though.

That's a criticism that can be leveled at every player in the league though.

That's a criticism that can be leveled at every player in the league though.
Of course. Just pointing out where the critics are taking it from.

Jack doesn't often receive a ball in space so is forced to kick quickly a lot.

Of course. Just pointing out where the critics are taking it from.

Jack doesn't often receive a ball in space so is forced to kick quickly a lot.

I think the favoured term is "he hacks it forward".

There are some posters who just got it wrong about Jack for a while there.

Jack can be a great kick. While those 'blind kicks' out of the middle annoy, it is the ones where he has time and he misjudges the distance that are most frustrating. Usually just over the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back