• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. Ziebell displayed his obvious talent. The one handed grab was good. He also got a welcome to AFL level. He was caught when taking on the opposition, gave away a couple of free kicks, (one for a goal), and he wasn't even the vest of the debutants! (That goes to Liam Anthony, who was very good. Over 20 possessions in 3 quarters (of 20 minutes each), and he won inside ball as well as getting it on the run.

Jack will prove to be an excellent draft choice, but don't expect miracles from the start!

How dare you go putting facts into the debate! That's just not the BF way!

Sportingbet.com have Jack Ziebell as 3rd favourite for the rising star at $15 (our next is Levi Greenwood at $61)
Rising star?

What about the Brownlow?

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. Ziebell displayed his obvious talent. The one handed grab was good. He also got a welcome to AFL level. He was caught when taking on the opposition, gave away a couple of free kicks, (one for a goal), and he wasn't even the vest of the debutants! (That goes to Liam Anthony, who was very good. Over 20 possessions in 3 quarters (of 20 minutes each), and he won inside ball as well as getting it on the run.

Jack will prove to be an excellent draft choice, but don't expect miracles from the start!

Agree...Anthony did very well....as did Warren in patches

Ziebell looked more promising than Anthony.

Do you know when you watch footy and realise you have something special on your hands? only three since Carey departed.

Wells. Smith. Now Ziebell.

Ziebell's new nickname - Quote from Wikipedia......

The Z machine is the largest X-ray generator in the world and is designed to test materials in conditions of extreme temperature and pressure. Operated by Sandia National Laboratories, it gathers data to aid in computer modeling of nuclear weapons.

The Z Machine.....LOVE IT!!:thumbsu:

Re: 19. Jack Ziebell

Love to c Ziebes go all the way nd have a really successful career with the roos! good luck to ya mate!

I have been reading some comments in threads about how good he's been training and his hardness at the footy.

I've never seen him play, but I work with a guy who coached him as a junior, and he rates him as the toughest junior footballer he's ever seen.

Now I know this may not mean much up against the big boys, but apparently he's got know fear and I recall his father as a country footballer (tough as nails), seems like it's rubbed off on the boy, Jack can handle himself too, certainly won't be intimidated by the step up.

If he's got his dad's hair trigger, we could be in for an interesting time.

I have been reading some comments in threads about how good he's been training and his hardness at the footy.

I've never seen him play, but I work with a guy who coached him as a junior, and he rates him as the toughest junior footballer he's ever seen.

Now I know this may not mean much up against the big boys, but apparently he's got know fear and I recall his father as a country footballer (tough as nails), seems like it's rubbed off on the boy, Jack can handle himself too, certainly won't be intimidated by the step up.

If he's got his dad's hair trigger, we could be in for an interesting time.

That's pretty much my mail too. The Zs are great country stock, tough and ripping blokes.

Am really looking forward to watching Jack play AFL, reckon he will go pretty well and you guys have a more than handy footballer on your hands! good luck tonight :thumbsu:

He was sensational in the Intra Club game a couple of weeks ago, and notable for two things: 1 - His poise and decision making, and 2 - His leadership skills, shouting out to players where they should be standing at stoppages etc, AND THEY WERE LISTENING! He didn't look at all like a 17yr old kid having his first run around with AFL players.

I can't wait for tonight!

T'toes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack.jpg

What do you mean by 'hair trigger'?

Thanks TT, I assumed that but why didn't the op just say he's got his old mans bad temper?

all aboard, cant wait til his first brownlow!

nah in all seriousness, a very good first up game, looks poised, courageous, good skills, great size...if he can continue to develop we look to have a genuine star here...wouldnt be suprised if in 5 years hes our best midfielder....actually after the midfields effort tonight hes probly already top 3

Excuse me for poking my 2 bobs worth in on your board. Thought he was terrific tonight, something the Roo-boys can get excited about.

Don't want to add to the hype too much, but I think you may have found a "ready-made" one there boys...

Loved his game. Showed he will have a long career ahead of him. He has skill, uses the ball well, but is hard at it as well which is something we really need. Hate getting to excited, but its hard not too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back