Autopsy 76 point Team Effort win vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

The good things for me where not the highlights but

Melicans game and the defensive group as a hole.

In50 I think John won’t be happy with. Lucky they are no good

McDonald in air contest , that’s all you ask. Reckon that’s the best he looked

Chad warners defensive game , that was unreal.

Jmac is close to the best winger in the comp

Zero complaints.

76 point win and zero injuries.

Not going to nitpick beyond that.
Heeney’s post game interview was slightly troubling - mentioned his bung ankle got tweaked & will require ice.

His form has been superb this year because his ankle has been good.

Really hope it’s not a re-occurrence of the chronic ankle problem.

Pressure was fantastic, good to see us put the foot down and get no injuries (apart from Heeneys niggle). JMac's having a great start to the season, really improving his production. Melican solid in defence, Rowy solid in game 100. Mids had a day out, that was Warners best game this year imo from a 4 quarter POV. Back 6 were composed, keen for the Giants next week.

Heeney’s post game interview was slightly troubling - mentioned his bung ankle got tweaked & will require ice.

Yeah that got an eyebrow raise out of me. But players play through niggles all the time, and it does't look like it's impacting him too much. Have to trust everything will be alright over the course of the season.... But he has been our best player this season and surely leading the Brownlow, so it would be a massive loss to lose him through injury.

Yeah that got an eyebrow raise out of me. But players play through niggles all the time, and it does't look like it's impacting him too much. Have to trust everything will be alright over the course of the season.... But he has been our best player this season and surely leading the Brownlow, so it would be a massive loss to lose him through injury.
It doesn’t tend to sideline him - but it does affect his form.

Fingers crossed.

Only small things and we only get tiny clips of vision, but I noticed a couple of things today with how the rest of the team are acting towards Wicks and it wasn't good.

I don't really care what it was to create the issue, but if he is going to be in the team then there needs to be a bit of leadership. Even if it comes from the coaches just going over to him during breaks.

Just watching him stand there on the outside on his own while all the players were mingling together at the end of the game was a bit average.

Last edited:

NOT THE ANKLE anything but that!

/Caps

The good things for me where not the highlights but

Melicans game and the defensive group as a hole.

In50 I think John won’t be happy with. Lucky they are no good

McDonald in air contest , that’s all you ask. Reckon that’s the best he looked

Chad warners defensive game , that was unreal.

Jmac is close to the best winger in the comp
Very happy with the back 6 efforts this game.

Roberts must be high up in the rising star the kid is gun. McCartin & Melican will need to step up like never before next week but played very well today. O FLo & Blakey's ability to find holes and find a player was outstanding today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn compete all game, they just do dumb things, so pressure was up (no not saying it is like playing GWS)

Heeney class shone again

Florent was important, as was Melican down back, especially when Hawks were inside their 50 a lot in the second, Melican led the defence,

Rowbottom was great early, Warner defensive work was pleasing.

Really every player had a patch, Gulden , Jmac, even guys who were arguably down a little- Grundy (still rucked well) Adams some nice moments, Fox defended well.

I thought the tall forwards all competed hard, maybe Amartey did fade late,

Even considering his limited Opportunity Campell looked ok

hard to be critical, Blakey disposal early was ordinary, the inside 50s were lousy at times and still had patches of globetrotter style stuff.

Seemed a real directive if the corridor is clogged we will hold up and switch, even switch back and forth to create overlap, which is good.

Too many memories of Hawthorn shitting on us not to enjoy beating them well

Can we just lop off that foot and give Heeney something like this?

iu

2 weeks ago id drop Lloyd for Parker but he has lifted up the ground.

I liked Roberts game again, he is one of our most composed.

Gulden will probably make the AA team, yet still think he isnt at his best

* me dead, Wicks FIGHTS when the ball is in dispute. Even if he wasn't hitting the scoreboard regularly, the stress he must cause opposition defenders must be pretty serious.

His energy makes a massive difference to the whole side

Moments #2:

He is growing in confidence every week

This GWS game is a massive test for the three talls. I feel like I know Mclean will do his role,,second ruck helps.

Not as sure what I get from Amartey and Mcdonald

Remove this Banner Ad

Back