Delisted #9: Brent Prismall - Shadow of a lonely man

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows.

Has enough AFL attributes to be picked up - Not that I'm a fan.

1295841185973.gif

HS reporting western bulldogs interested in pris...unlike most people on here I would be shattered if he left IF he can get injury free is a very valuable player

Prismall- can get ball but can't kick straight​
Harsh reality but guys like Pris, Lonergan etc aren't flag winning midfielders....​
Time to move on and focus on Kav, Browne etc as mentioned above​

Here is the link for the Wstern Bulldogs article if anyone is after it:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dep...western-bulldogs/story-fn69a32t-1226504851111

He was at his best when supported by a strong Geelong midfield.

I remember being stoked when we got him off Geelong but the trade hasn't exactly worked out as expected.

If he is picked up by the dogs, stays with us or just plays in the VFL I wish him all the best.

Harsh reality but guys like Pris, Lonergan etc aren't flag winning midfielders....​

He is not the guy you build a midfield around to win a flag but he could certainly play in one because he did. Otherwise, yes, it is time to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you clearly dont know much about him if you think he cant kick straight, hes a better kick than majority of our mids atm (hocking, howlett, stanton, lonergan) before he did his knee the second time his nickname was 'precision prismall' for a reason.....lets move kav/browne/obrien/merret/dalgleish into the team, the way everyone carries on about them on here anyone would think we had all our super talent playing in the vfl....the harsh reality is at this stage none of those guys have shown anything special in the AFL/VFL. Compare them to george horlin smith, who rips VFL week in week out and still struggles to break into regular AFL footy...honestly, id be surprised if any of that group can be as valuable to us as brent can be if fit (maybe kavangh aside - however this is based more on hype about his potential rather than what he has displayed so far).

you clearly dont know much about him if you think he cant kick straight, hes a better kick than majority of our mids atm (hocking, howlett, stanton, lonergan) before he did his knee the second time his nickname was 'precision prismall' for a reason.....lets move kav/browne/obrien/merret/dalgleish into the team, the way everyone carries on about them on here anyone would think we had all our super talent playing in the vfl....the harsh reality is at this stage none of those guys have shown anything special in the AFL/VFL. Compare them to george horlin smith, who rips VFL week in week out and still struggles to break into regular AFL footy...honestly, id be surprised if any of that group can be as valuable to us as brent can be if fit (maybe kavangh aside - however this is based more on hype about his potential rather than what he has displayed so far).

Maybe you actually are Brent Prismall just using an alias?

Would of, should have been the answer. Was flying when playing his last season at Geelong, until he did his knee in the first final.

not sure about flying... he was only in because of injuries, and could have been dropped in the lead up to the GF.

i guess no one will pick up menzel either, hes had two knees, lars at 16, no point when you can get dalgleishs/ross's/merrets in the rookie draft

not sure about flying... he was only in because of injuries, and could have been dropped in the lead up to the GF.

He wasn't going to be dropped.

I suggest you have a look at his stats leading into the 2008 finals.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/B/Brent_Prismall.html

I know stats are not everything, but he was playing good footy in a good side at the right time, at a young age.

If not for injury, Brent would have been 150+ gamer, no doubt.

Stopped reading when you mentioned Stanton. If you think Stanton isnt a good kick then "you clearly dont know much about him" :rolleyes:

Nice gesture by the club to give him another year despite a 2nd knee reco considering his mediocre skillset.

Pretty clear cut delisting surely.

stanton is no elite kick dont kid yourself...i just feel that if brent gets delisted its because of his inability to overcome chronic injury rather than a lack of ability/skill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back