A-League A-League Men Round 1 - So It Begins!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
After another long and mostly boring off season we finally reach the beginning of the new A-League season. A change to the TV deal with two free to air matches both on 10 Bold on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. We kick the season of with that other Melbourne Derby and last years Grand Final replay. We have an F3 Derby and the Big Blue on Saturday night to open a new look Allianz stadium. A big week to start the season!

A-League Men Round 1

Friday 7th October

Melbourne City V Western United 7:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Saturday 8th October
Central Coast Mariners V Newcastle Jets (postponed)
Brisbane Roar V Macarthur F.C 4:00pm EST 5:00 ESDT, Suncorp Stadium
Sydney F.C V Melbourne Victory 7:45pm ESDT, Allianz Stadium (live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Sunday 9th October
Wellington Phoenix V Adelaide United 1:00pm ESDT 1:30pm CSDT 4:00pm NZLT, Sky Stadium (Live 10 Bold SA, Check local guide)
Western Sydney Wanderers V Perth Glory 3:00pm ESDT 1:00pm WST, Comm Bank Stadium, (live on 10 Bold, check local guides)

Predictions: City V WU 1-1 CCM 2-0 Mac 1-0 Syd V Vic 1-1 Nix 2-1 WSW 2-1

Good to have the A-League Back :thumbsu: enjoy the football this weekend.

Last edited:

Snuck up on us again like it does most years, as the A-League tends to like keeping the start of the season a secret - but after being on the road for the entirety of last season, I'm looking forward to this season.

It'll be interesting to see whether the APL is just continuing the FFA tradition of refusing to promote the league, or whether the first 6 weeks of the league is going to be essentially dark, and they're hoping the Socceroos do the promotion for them in Qatar.

SEN have been sh*thouse without any promotion. They lost the "Sports" in "SEN" many years ago. It's all about the trade period and T20 matches, which no one cares about or turns up to. Oh and horse racing/gambling.

My biggest worry for the season is the east coast weather!! La Niña won't stop any time soon, so many matches this summer will be under water! A few matches to be shifted yet again. The positive, the groundsmen won't have to water the pitches anymore.

Going to be quality though. I tried a table prediction. Apart from the top 2 and the wooden spooners I couldn't settle on an order for the rest. It's going to be so damn close.

Anyone keen for a fantasy and/or tipping comp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's $75 for all A-League members. Which if you break it down is $6.25 a month.

I am still rolling with 8.99 a month until i have sufficient evidence their quality of streaming has improved.

Looking forward to tonight, ironically I harbour no ill feeling towards Western United, they deserved their Grand Final win.
Hope we can get the chocolates for Jamo's 300th though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back