A-League A-League Men Round 8 - The Walkout Melbourne Derby

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fans should and will be blamed but stadium security needs huge scrutiny around this. Everyone knew from the media that heaps of angry fans were attending, either plan accordingly and have enough staff (liase with police if needed) there to deal with it or lock the fans out altogether and play the game in an empty stadium. To do neither was really irresponsible on the part of aami park management.
We have been bitching and moaning that security and police are going overboard and now you want to blame them? 🤣 🤦‍♂️😞I need another drink.

Last edited:
You should really stop making excuses for the dropkicks.

Im not making excuses for them the two things are not mutually exclusive. But theres some people in stadium management at aami probably making close to 6 figures and tonight was utterly forseeable yet they didnt have enough staff to deal with it. Some senior aami park staff should either be resigning or be sacked on monday. And until the cultural problems re fan violence are rooted out (which should take decades) any ground in aust which doesnt have the security resources should not be allowed to host games unless they are with no fans (ie empty stadium).

We have been botching and moaning that security and police are going overboard and now you want to blame them? 🤣 🤦‍♂️😞I need another drink.

Yes i am. The reasons are obvious. Didnt do their job and were clueless at protecting the staff and players.

Im not making excuses for them the two things are not mutually exclusive. But theres some people in stadium management at aami probably making close to 6 figures and tonight was utterly forseeable yet they didnt have enough staff to deal with it. Some senior aami park staff should either be resigning or be sacked on monday. And until the cultural problems re fan violence are rooted out (which should take decades) any ground in aust which doesnt have the security resources should not be allowed to host games unless they are with no fans (ie empty stadium).
Way to miss the point. In a sensible world, without Melbourne Victory "fans", stadium management shouldn't have to prepare for so-called fans wanting to assault the referee and players.

I'm gutted. I was awaiting to see the developments with Townsend and the APL before making the decision on whether to cancel my memberships or not. But now I'm too ashamed to be a Victory member and will be cancelling based on the actions of those "supporters". I don't care what happened in the lead up, it was meant to be a peaceful protest and idiots took it too far. Unfortunately this is going to ruin it for everyone else protesting this weekend. I'm not the club but I apologise anyway. * this.

Say this as a City fan as well, but it's not specifically all Victory fans mate, same cohort of dickheads that have no true interest in the game.

Haven't been to much sport over the last few years and only seen my IRL mates this same fixture last year...bit disappointed.

You should really stop making excuses for the dropkicks.

I think you can both have a go a the behaviour and criticize security and stadium management. Remember one of the finals at Marvel sitting on level 2 and there were dickheads throwing stuff from level 3 for about 15 mins straight and security did nothing.

Poor cameraman bloke too who has no skin in the game copping it in the back of the head.

Needs to be MASSIVE overhauls after this.

Hope anyone else that went didn't get caught up in the BS and got home safe.

Way to miss the point. In a sensible worled, stadium management shouldn't have to prepare for fans wanting to assault the referee and players.

Yes in an ideal world they morally shouldnt have to but thats not the world we live in. Plenty of people work in jobs where peoples lives and livelihoods depend on staff doing risk assessments and having action plans accordingly, clearly aami park management have no idea how to do that and thats not ok. Im not condoning for one minute the fans behaviour its disgusting and i hope half of them end up in jail but in order for people to be safe stadiums need to handle the potential for violence much much better than that.

Just in Glover's defence.

He's clearing his playing surface.
Flares on the pitch obstruct play and make it dangerous

And you'd be incompetent if you turned your back on play to make sure it's done perfectly.

So I get why he did what he did.

fans = Idiots that should be dealt with (but I guess after turning a blind eye for 15+ years with the Victory supporters, you can see why they think it's okay....)
Glover = Stupid decision made in the moment without thinking (but he shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.......)
fans storming ground = Moronic. Play all home Victory games from here on out behind closed doors.

And if their fans want to go into other teams' stadium and cause s**t in response. Deregister the club for all I care.

Stamp this s**t out. It's the only way.
You dont have to throw them into the crowd though, Izzo put them aside at the other end. There is still no excuse for attacking the keeper

20221217_210536.jpg

Soccer fans are a weird bunch
A couple of hundred Melbourne Victory tools thankfully do not speak for the vast majority of actual soccer fans in this country. The administrators of the local competition have unfortunately never taken action to seriously eradicate these tools and so they persist and continue to attend and disrupt matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably one of the first games kids, supporters alike wanted to attend since given the Socceroos’ success.
Pathetic, embarrassing, heartbroken.
What an advertisement for the game.

Definitely for Victorian fans as none of the A League Men's teams from Victoria were playing in Victoria last round.

I've attended hundreds of A-League games with my two children but have never gone to a match against Melbourne Victory for the exact reasons spelt out tonight. No danger of this changing any time soon either.

First time in a while since I’ve seen it not called the Isuzu Ute A League

I would say that, as a publicly owned broadcaster, the BBC is not permitted to refer to the sponsors. A bit like the ABC here.

I've attended hundreds of A-League games with my two children but have never gone to a match against Melbourne Victory for the exact reasons spelt out tonight. No danger of this changing any time soon either.
To 11kgm who thought this was hilarious and laughed out loud at my post, you've either don't have your own children or don't care about your own children's safety. Either way, you're no less of a dropkick than the fans who brought flares to tonight's game.

They gave a climate protestor 15 months jail for stopping traffic and holding 'an explosive device'- which was a flare.
Here we had someone throw a flare at a player and that's all cool because it was a protest and he was angry.
Just some good old boys lettin off a bit of steam- until someone loses an eye.
It's weird smuggling one in up your clacker anyway.

To 11kgm who thought this was hilarious and laughed out loud at my post, you've either don't have your own children or don't care about your own children's safety. Either way, you're no less of a dropkick than the fans who brought flares to tonight's game.
All fans can be violent

Without victory who has the highest average attendances each season bar the first no wonder we get a couple of dicks

City only have plastic fans no one who cares about the league and Homeless FC have two fans

All fans can be violent

Without victory who has the highest average attendances each season bar the first no wonder we get a couple of dicks

City only have plastic fans no one who cares about the league and Homeless FC have two fans
Yup, tool status confirmed.

Y
Sydney fans are just as bad (see the red and black block who are basically a bunch of thugs masquerading as a supporter group). The fact is soccer fans across the country (and around the world for that matter)have an across the board problem with not understanding that violence and hooliganism is not on. It isnt a one state problem.
you have no idea and probably haven’t attended many games.

Policing lifetime bans is bloody hard. Sure, you could give ticket providers peoples' names and mobiles, and it would be easy to have a computer check those names and who has purchased the tickets. but it would be easy to bypass in the short term. You cant get hundreds of casual people to remember all those faces either.

I don't know what things the FFA can do by law but perhaps if found, massive fines(again, probably unlawful) and lifetime bans for anyone who is hosting them(etc, they would have tickets, which would be in another name or mobile. get them if it was their buddy who purchased it). and force the club and the active groups to act to enforce this. blow torch these parasites out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back