Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 9 and after the shitstorm of last weeks Melbourne derby hopefully this thread is a lot more quitter. It's the festive season so time for presents, food and football what could be better? We have that other Derby's this Christmas week between Western United V Melbourne Victory and Macarthur FC V Sydney FC. not to forget that all important distance derby between Perth Glory V Wellington Phoenix.

A-League Round 9

Friday 23rd December

Brisbane Roar V Western Sydney Wanderers 7:45pm ESDT 6:45pm EST, Kayo Stadium
Perth Glory V Wellington Phoenix 10:30pm ESDT, 7:30pm WST, 12:30pm NZLT, Macedonia Park

Saturday 24th December
Sydney F.C V Macarthur F.C 5:00pm ESDT, Allianz Stadium (Live On 10 Bold, Check local guides)

Monday 26th December
Western United V Melbourne Victory 6:00pm ESDT, AAMI Park (Live On 10 Bold, Check local guides)

Tuesday 27th December
Melbourne City V Central Coast Mariners 5:30pm ESDT, AAMI Park
Adelaide United V Newcastle Jets 8:45pm ESDT, 8:15pm CSDT, Coopers stadium

Predictions: WSW 2-1 Perth 2-0 Syd V Mac 1-1 WU V Vic 1-1 City 3-1 Adel 3-0

Enjoy the football this holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone on the board, share the peace and love.

Last edited:
I wish the AAMI park game was a day or 2 later.

Being able to go to day 2 or 3 of the cricket before going to the football used to be one of the great Melbourne summer days, and it was a good chance to draw a great crowd against one of the lower drawing teams.

I’m glad they’ve brought it back - albeit with Victory as the away team - but Boxing Day is just too busy, it’s not the day I want to be at the MCG.

I wish the AAMI park game was a day or 2 later.

Being able to go to day 2 or 3 of the cricket before going to the football used to be one of the great Melbourne summer days, and it was a good chance to draw a great crowd against one of the lower drawing teams.

I’m glad they’ve brought it back - albeit with Victory as the away team - but Boxing Day is just too busy, it’s not the day I want to be at the MCG.

I think WU want to make this their marquee match every season good idea but I think it should alternate between our home game and WU home game. can't have us playing two away derby's in a row every season this time of year.

I think WU want to make this their marquee match every season good idea but I think it should alternate between our home game and WU home game. can't have us playing two away derby's in a row every season this time of year.

I wouldn’t mind it being an annual thing even if we are the away team - it just needs to not be Boxing Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game must already be sold out

Let's hope common sense and sanity from both sets of fans prevail and no flares or trouble occurs at the derby.

I feel like we (the A League and football community in Australia ) got a major break in that the world cup final between Argentina and France was so enthralling and all the feel good vibes about Messi's legacy as a football immortal ensured that what happened last weekend at that shameful derby was somewhat put to the back page of the public consciousness somewhat.

We cannot afford even the slightest of bad behaviour of supporters (from any club) for the rest of the season.

I hope most neutral/casual sports fans and esp the media commentators take note that the magnificent world cup final is really what football/the world game is all about, not the disgraceful, uncloth and criminal behaviour of a tiny minority of MVFC ratbags at last week's Melbourne Derby

Apparently one small grandstand has almost been built but it's really been going at a snail's pace.

Until they have an idenity they cannot grow. They need a home ground ASAP.

Same with City. Now with the casey fields trainung base they should take on Team 11's stadium proposal in Dandenong and build it. Focus on being the club for South East Melbourne & Gippsland area.

Only then will we have 3 clearly defined geographic areas for all 3 vic clubals (WU western suburns + Geelong/Ballarat, MVFC Northern/Eastern suburbs & City Sth East / Gippsland.

Until they have an idenity they cannot grow. They need a home ground ASAP.

Same with City. Now with the casey fields trainung base they should take on Team 11's stadium proposal in Dandenong and build it. Focus on being the club for South East Melbourne & Gippsland area.

Only then will we have 3 clearly defined geographic areas for all 3 vic clubals (WU western suburns + Geelong/Ballarat, MVFC Northern/Eastern suburbs & City Sth East / Gippsland.

You have a point, but I really don't want to travel 2 and a half hours each way (via public transport) to every home game at Casey

Bundoora/that Northern Suburbs belt would have been much more convinent for me.

That's huge news, so no Victory fans allowed to Boxing Day's game if I've read that correctly.

That's huge news, so no Victory fans allowed to Boxing Day's game if I've read that correctly.

Unfortunately the FFA (I assume) couldn't take the risk of more potential Victory supporter chaos, I do feel bad for the 97 or so percent of decent law abiding Victory fans, especially those who have already booked tickets, flights and accommodation for interstate matches..

Part of me thinks it too harsh on MVFC supporters, but another thinks they had no choice but to impose these heavy sanctions. A player was physically assaulted, and unfortunately it was never going to end well for the Vuck fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back