A-League A-League Men Round 9 - Tis The Season To Be Jolly

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the FFA (I assume) couldn't take the risk of more potential Victory supporter chaos, I do feel bad for the 97 or so percent of decent law abiding Victory fans, especially those who have already booked tickets, flights and accommodation for interstate matches..

Part of me thinks it too harsh on MVFC supporters, but another thinks they had no choice but to impose these heavy sanctions. A player was physically assaulted, and unfortunately it was never going to end well for the Vuck fans.

Technically if its till Jan 15 as the article states it only effects Victory for one match the rest hurts the away teams especially WU for Boxing day.

technically if its till Jan 15 as the article states it only effects Victory for one match the rest hurts the away teams especially WU for Boxing day.

Ah okay, still I read on FB a lot of Victory fans have already for tickets/flights and accommodation for the next Original Derby over in Adelaide.

Hopefully they can get some kind of financial compensation.

Unfortunately the FFA (I assume) couldn't take the risk of more potential Victory supporter chaos, I do feel bad for the 97 or so percent of decent law abiding Victory fans, especially those who have already booked tickets, flights and accommodation for interstate matches..

Part of me thinks it too harsh on MVFC supporters, but another thinks they had no choice but to impose these heavy sanctions. A player was physically assaulted, and unfortunately it was never going to end well for the Vuck fans.

Victory supporters have had more than their fair chance to behave, and yet they continue to bring the league into disrepute.

They shouldn't be allowed at matches for the rest of the season.

Victory supporters have had more than their fair chance to behave, and yet they continue to bring the league into disrepute.

They shouldn't be allowed at matches for the rest of the season.

That is very harsh and will hurt the league far more than it will hurt the club.
But I get the feeling these are just the beginning of sections against us I feel that we might be hit with loss of points and a massive fine to go with it too

Ah okay, still I read on FB a lot of Victory fans have already for tickets/flights and accommodation for the next Original Derby over in Adelaide.

Hopefully they can get some kind of financial compensation.

Adelaide will be spewing they get the biggest crowds of the season against us and usually we fill the away bays at Coopers. I know we need to be punished and rightfully so but at the some time the away teams are being punished too.

When are they awarding City the 3 points from last weekend? Surely that’s not a difficult decision to make.

No wonder the APL are advertising for a new media manager, that press release with the MV sanctions is a complete dog’s breakfast.

And I would assume most of the active fans are members so can still attend anyway? Just can’t stand in the active area?

So all the active muppets & little tick-tocking sh!t stains that normally sit behind the goals will be pushed into the wings amongst the decent football supporting folk.. I all most feel sorry for regular MV supporters! The reality is though it's only going to really effect other clubs as they play 4 of their 5 away, it's barely a slap on the wrist at this point.

So all the active muppets & little tick-tocking sh!t stains that normally sit behind the goals will be pushed into the wings amongst the decent football supporting folk.. I all most feel sorry for regular MV supporters! The reality is though it's only going to really effect other clubs as they play 4 of their 5 away, it's barely a slap on the wrist at this point.

There’s already active supporters on social media talking about still attending the Adelaide United game just wearing casual clothes.

There’s already active supporters on social media talking about still attending the Adelaide United game just wearing casual clothes.
I believe they're still allowed in, just not seated in the bays behind the goal..

This is from the email I received from the club I've posted it in the Victory thread but might as well post it here too. try and make since of it. The wording is a little weird. Like it says 'Supporters of Melbourne Victory must not engage in any behaviour in breach of the Code of Conduct while attending the match' yet we are not allowed to attend the away matches. 🤷‍♂️

Club Statement: Melbourne Victory’s response to Football Australia’s Show Cause Process

Football Australia (FA) has today handed down sanctions to Melbourne Victory FC that mandates our participation in the A-League Men’s competition as FA continues their Show Cause process.

This includes the following (from today until Sunday 15 January 2023):

Melbourne Victory FC's Round 9 match on Monday 26 December v Western United
  • Only valid Members of Western United, and Supporters of Western United whom were in receipt of a ticket when ticket sales ceased at 11.00am AEDT on Friday, 23 December will be permitted to enter the Venue;
  • The away active bays will be closed and the APL will ensure away active bays are cordoned off and tarps are applied to section/s of the Venue that would otherwise have been allocated to Melbourne Victory's Active Bay;
  • An agreed number of club appointed crowd marshals will be positioned in the Venue;
  • Melbourne Victory will refund any of our members who pre-purchased tickets and who are affected by these sanctions;

Melbourne Victory FC's Round 11 match on Friday 6 January v Brisbane Roar
  • No daily tickets are to be sold;
  • Only valid Club Members can attend;
  • Melbourne Victory will refund any of our members who pre-purchased tickets and who are affected by these sanctions;
  • Home and away active bays will be closed and will be cordoned off and tarps applied to at least the first four (4) rows of seating behind the goal line at each end of the Venue;
  • An agreed number of club appointed crowd marshals will be positioned in the Venue;
  • Supporters of Melbourne Victory must not engage in any behaviour in breach of the Code of Conduct while attending the relevant match.

Melbourne Victory FC's Interstate Away Matches (Round 10: Saturday 31 December v Central Coast and Round 12: Saturday 14 January v Adelaide United)
  • The away active bays will be closed and the APL will ensure away active bays are cordoned off and tarps are applied to section/s of the Venue that would otherwise have been allocated to “Away Active Supporters”;
  • Only Members and Supporters of the Home Team will be permitted to enter the Venue;
  • Melbourne Victory must use its best endeavours to discourage the attendance of all supporters of the Club, including messaging that the Venue will be restricted to supporters of the Home Team only;
  • APL will work with the Home Team to refund any tickets which are associated with a Victorian postcode or to any person that they reasonably believe is a supporter of Melbourne Victory;
  • An agreed number of club appointed crowd marshals will be positioned in the Venue; and
  • Supporters of Melbourne Victory must not engage in any behaviour in breach of the Code of Conduct while attending the relevant match.

Melbourne Victory Football Club will comply with the sanctions handed down by FA and are working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure its games moving forward will be a safe environment for players, fans and everyone involved.

The Club will shortly provide members with further communication around the impact of these sanctions on its home match with Brisbane Roar on Friday 6 January.

The Club will also work alongside FA and the A-Leagues for a quick resolution to the Show Cause process so that all parties including the A-Leagues, Clubs, players and spectators have a clear outcome on the matter and we can move forward together.

Melbourne Victory would like to take this opportunity to again reiterate that the actions witnessed at last Saturday night’s match have no place at Melbourne Victory or in football. There is zero tolerance for any aggressive or anti-social behaviour at this Club and in this game.

Last edited:
I’m assuming any Victory fan caught at an away game would be deemed to be in breach of the code of conduct just by being at the game.

I get the penalties are designed to punish the Victory supporters and not the opposition supporters, but there’s going to be ways around the sanctions for Victory supporters.

They would’ve been better off playing the matches behind closed doors.

You have a point, but I really don't want to travel 2 and a half hours each way (via public transport) to every home game at Casey

Bundoora/that Northern Suburbs belt would have been much more convinent for me.

Of course, you cant please everyone. Considering that the training base is in the SE and they have many partner community clubs over there it seems the logical choice to give the club a geographical identity. That will be inconvenient for some like yourself unfortunately.

Im sure you would find a way to attend games in Dandenong. A new stadium is probably at least 5 years away in any case if the club went down that path.

They could play FFA Cup games either at Casey fields or Falcons stadium in Morwell (5k seats).

I’m assuming any Victory fan caught at an away game would be deemed to be in breach of the code of conduct just by being at the game.

I get the penalties are designed to punish the Victory supporters and not the opposition supporters, but there’s going to be ways around the sanctions for Victory supporters.

The only way to define a "fan" is if they are a member.

Anyone else could be any random person attending the game.

Unless you ask everyone who attends to show id and bar vic licenses. But that will penalise Melbourne based Adelaide United fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is going to go to a game knowing they can't cheer, or even get excited at something awesome?

I just don't think Victory fans "sneaking" in is a problem. If they're the problem type everyone is going to know immediately.

All of them? 95% are fine, just a small dickhead element.

Who is going to go to a game knowing they can't cheer, or even get excited at something awesome?

I just don't think Victory fans "sneaking" in is a problem. If they're the problem type everyone is going to know immediately.

They should be allowing those who already have purchased tickets to attend. Ban future sales. People that have done no wrong have spent significant money on travel / accomodation.

All of them? 95% are fine, just a small dickhead element.
I don't mind their work from where I sit on the centre line five rows up. Maybe that's just my age showing as I grew up in the old Fitzroy cheer squad at Princes Park many years ago.

I don't mind their work from where I sit on the centre line five rows up. Maybe that's just my age showing as I grew up in the old Fitzroy cheer squad at Princes Park many years ago.

Im South End, usually much more mellow. 12 year old son wants to sit in the Nth Terrace. Said he can when old enough to go with mates.

Im South End, usually much more mellow. 12 year old son wants to sit in the Nth Terrace. Said he can when old enough to go with mates.
Haha I remember as a Victory supporter I always thought if I ever sat behind the goals it would have to be at the South End.

This is from the email I received from the club I've posted it in the Victory thread but might as well post it here too. try and make since of it. The wording is a little weird. Like it says 'Supporters of Melbourne Victory must not engage in any behaviour in breach of the Code of Conduct while attending the match' yet we are not allowed to attend the away matches. 🤷‍♂️

Club Statement: Melbourne Victory’s response to Football Australia’s Show Cause Process

Football Australia (FA) has today handed down sanctions to Melbourne Victory FC that mandates our participation in the A-League Men’s competition as FA continues their Show Cause process.

This includes the following (from today until Sunday 15 January 2023):

Melbourne Victory FC's Round 9 match on Monday 26 December v Western United
  • Only valid Members of Western United, and Supporters of Western United whom were in receipt of a ticket when ticket sales ceased at 11.00am AEDT on Friday, 23 December will be permitted to enter the Venue;
  • The away active bays will be closed and the APL will ensure away active bays are cordoned off and tarps are applied to section/s of the Venue that would otherwise have been allocated to Melbourne Victory's Active Bay;

Melbourne Victory FC's Round 11 match on Friday 6 January v Brisbane Roar
  • No daily tickets are to be sold;
  • Only valid Club Members can attend;
  • Home and away active bays will be closed and will be cordoned off and tarps applied to at least the first four (4) rows of seating behind the goal line at each end of the Venue;

Melbourne Victory FC's Interstate Away Matches (Round 10: Saturday 31 December v Central Coast and Round 12: Saturday 14 January v Adelaide United)
  • The away active bays will be closed and the APL will ensure away active bays are cordoned off and tarps are applied to section/s of the Venue that would otherwise have been allocated to “Away Active Supporters”;
  • Only Members and Supporters of the Home Team will be permitted to enter the Venue;
  • Melbourne Victory must use its best endeavours to discourage the attendance of all supporters of the Club, including messaging that the Venue will be restricted to supporters of the Home Team only;
  • APL will work with the Home Team to refund any tickets which are associated with a Victorian postcode or to any person that they reasonably believe is a supporter of Melbourne Victory;
  • An agreed number of club appointed crowd marshals will be positioned in the Venue; and

Melbourne Victory Football Club will comply with the sanctions handed down by FA and are working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure its games moving forward will be a safe environment for players, fans and everyone involved.

The Club will shortly provide members with further communication around the impact of these sanctions on its home match with Brisbane Roar on Friday 6 January.

The Club will also work alongside FA and the A-Leagues for a quick resolution to the Show Cause process so that all parties including the A-Leagues, Clubs, players and spectators have a clear outcome on the matter and we can move forward together.

Melbourne Victory would like to take this opportunity to again reiterate that the actions witnessed at last Saturday night’s match have no place at Melbourne Victory or in football. There is zero tolerance for any aggressive or anti-social behaviour at this Club and in this game.

I am just as mad at the FFA and APL as those feral Victory flogs who attacked Glover.

I don't even feel like watching any A League games except for Melbourne City fixtures obviously for the foreseeable future.

They stuffed up taking the Streaming and TV rights away from Fox/Kayo and giving it to the shoddy Paramount operation and mainly because of that and thousands of lost revenue cause of cancelled subscriptions, they decided to punish the non NSW/Sydney club A League supporters by moving the A League Men's and Women's GFs to Sydney for at least the next 3 years.

I wish there was a way as a Heart/City member from day one and Foorball Family member by association that I could have the voting rights to decide the people on board the FFA or at least the APL.

The Third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) once roasted his new assistant Jo Grant for accidentally ruining his experiment, and the shade he threw at her is exactly how I feel about the current custodians of the game (both at domestic and international level)

tumblr_pc09x6r6wr1ssuoa0o5_250.gif

I am just as mad at the FFA and APL as those feral Victory flogs who attacked Glover.

I don't even feel like watching any A League games except for Melbourne City fixtures obviously for the foreseeable future.

They stuffed up taking the Streaming and TV rights away from Fox/Kayo and giving it to the shoddy Paramount operation and mainly because of that and thousands of lost revenue cause of cancelled subscriptions, they decided to punish the non NSW/Sydney club A League supporters by moving the A League Men's and Women's GFs to Sydney for at least the next 3 years.

I wish there was a way as a Heart/City member from day one and Foorball Family member by association that I could have the voting rights to decide the people on board the FFA or at least the APL.

The Third Doctor (Jon Pertwee) once roasted his new assistant Jo Grant for accidentally ruining his experiment, and the shade he threw at her is exactly how I feel about the current custodians of the game (both at domestic and international level)

tumblr_pc09x6r6wr1ssuoa0o5_250.gif
What about everyone's adopted barsted child CCM, surely there's a little interest there?

Edit - for the week after that is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back