A League Offseason Talk 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't have an Australian as the other "international" marquee?

I thought when we had Kewell he was the international marquee, so I think it could work.

Nope, Australian.

Yeah he was our international marquee, while Archie was our Australian Marquee at the time.
The loophole is Kewell holds dual citizenship so it was allowed.

pretty sure so does Cahill

You can have an Australian as an international marquee. Just means they're paid outside the cap, their nationality doesn't come into it.

Each club can only be allowed one Australian Marquee. but as I stated in the post above if said player has a dual citizenship it can be applied either way. So you can have two Australian Marquees by this loophole. i.e Victory with Kewell and Archie.

I'm not sure there is a designation of "international" and "australian" in the rules - I believe it may read each team can have two marquees, one of which must be Australian. I can't see why they wouldn't allow both marquee's to be Australian.

Yep an Australian can be the international marquee, on this note are there still U23 marquee players? Haven't heard about them for a while.

They are still in Football Manager which holds an A-league licence and who's league rules are dictated to them by the FFA about what to put in the game.

They are still in Football Manager which holds an A-league licence and who's league rules are dictated to them by the FFA about what to put in the game.

What a game that is, remember when I managed 3 days of playing time within a week of getting the game :oops:

Good re-signing. Solid player.

Better than Kennedy at least. Had a worry we might try and sign Covic again if Birighitti left! :p

Not exactly player related but another exciting thing for the Jets to come out of last week's fan forum is that the FFA hinted our strips might see the return of the gold (instead of the red & blue that Tinkler implemented when he came in).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly player related but another exciting thing for the Jets to come out of last week's fan forum is that the FFA hinted our strips might see the return of the gold (instead of the red & blue that Tinkler implemented when he came in).

as posters familiar with my work on the basketball boards (and even the official football kit boards), i love it when teams change uniforms.

as posters familiar with my work on the basketball boards (and even the official football kit boards), i love it when teams change uniforms.

haha is it common in basketball? I think its generally pretty rare for football - especially if the colours become part of the club.

In the Jets' case, our home kits were originally gold but that was changed when Tinkler came in (and tried to have us share the same colours as the Knights - NRL who he also owned).

Most fans seem happy to see the return of the original colours though (if it indeed happens).

haha is it common in basketball? I think its generally pretty rare for football - especially if the colours become part of the club.

In the Jets' case, our home kits were originally gold but that was changed when Tinkler came in (and tried to have us share the same colours as the Knights - NRL who he also owned).

Most fans seem happy to see the return of the original colours though (if it indeed happens).

i fear my post was completely misunderstood, probably due to the imperfect way i wrote it. most likely.

in the nba, jerseys and uniform arent changed much. only additional ones added to the range. certainly colours are maintained

Nope. Wanting to completely change colours of clubs is stupid. Cardiff fans were livid when the colour changed to red.

Maybe that's just another of the idiotic things they do in US sport though.

why is it stupid? if you add another kit to the range that is in different colours, so what? its just a uniform? so long as everyone else on the team is wearing the same colours and shirt etc its ok.

regarding cardiff, if they changed to say hawthorn colours would it be that bad?

changing teams however, now that is poor form

why is it stupid? if you add another kit to the range that is in different colours, so what? its just a uniform? so long as everyone else on the team is wearing the same colours and shirt etc its ok.

regarding cardiff, if they changed to say hawthorn colours would it be that bad?

changing teams however, now that is poor form
Yeah, absolutely it would.

Hope Gameiro can kick start his career. Was a pretty exciting prospect a few years ago - think he banged in a stack of goals at a youth tournament for Australia IIRC. Believe he's had a few injury setbacks though unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back