A-League R8: Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Five-nil, in front of 18,200 fans, to cruise to the top of the ladder, against Sydney... oh Melbourne Victory, you absolute champions. This could hardly be better. (It could be if I had got to go... damned work.) Still. Victory = legends.

Matt_TY said:
Five-nil, in front of 18,200 fans, to cruise to the top of the ladder, against Sydney... oh Melbourne Victory, you absolute champions. This could hardly be better. (It could be if I had got to go... damned work.) Still. Victory = legends.
enjoy it while it lasts...we will be back

form is tempoary - class is pernament

Class in Adelaide? Where?

Your best bet would be to bring old man Vidmar back. :p

One Archie Thompson...Theres only one Archie Thompson!

just back from the game. what a result! yorke was at sea, ended up playing in defence it seemed. muscat was an inspirational leader. and suck ******** to all sydney fans in here that made bold predictions about how good your team supposedly were. so much for being the best away team in the league :rolleyes:

Nicky_ Santoro said:
Class in Adelaide? Where?

Your best bet would be to bring old man Vidmar back. :p

We got no class and we were top for 7 straight rounds - pffttt

wait and till rech and qu get it together....they you will see what class is

bring it on biatch :p :D

Nicky_ Santoro said:
Class in Adelaide? Where?[/B]

Every single one of your posts on here has had something to do with us in it - obsessed, much? :)

RoosLuver said:
Corners

Melb - 3
Syd - 7

5 of them in a 90 second period.

roostersgal4eva said:
enjoy it while it lasts...we will be back

form is tempoary - class is pernament

roostersgal4eva said:
We got no class and we were top for 7 straight rounds - pffttt

wait and till rech and qu get it together....they you will see what class is

bring it on biatch

There's always a bolter and now that the league is adjusting and settling, we're finding out just how much class you have. Infact, we found out on Friday night. :)

It's ok. You guys looked up pretty up on top for 7 weeks, especially with all the Barrel Boys gloating and what not (changed the avatar yet Ray?). In the end the cream rises to the top.

The fact is, Archie owns this league, and i can't wait until the Asian Champions League, you know, so we have some real sides to play, unlike the rubbish that came down from old Sydney Towne. ;)

Winners are grinners.

hey guys,

just got back from the game, the crowd was electirfying. We were standing in the section right next to the Sydney F.C union and boy were we givin it to em. "5 NIL!!!!! 5 NIL!!!!! 5 NILLLLLL!!!!" should have seen there faces it was bloody pricelss. Cops had to come over to guard the sydney fans as they were getting abit rowdy and upset :( awww.

Victory will win the league, Sydney are as soft as butter no matter how much class they have. 8 goals in 2 weeks! Victory on top!!! Gotta love it!!!

is the game with Perth Glory gonna be on telly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yea meant the game next week.

5pm W.A time on sunday it starts so that means 7pm for us melbourne fans.
Not sure if Fox Sports televises games tht late on a sunday. But lets hope so!

Hi,

Went to my first Melbourne game today and had a great time.

It's good to see 18,000+ people there long may it continue. I know I will go again.

As an Englishman I would say the standard was lower england championship (thats the old 2nd division to us oldies).

Dwight Yorke had a couple of good touches early on but due to his team mates he couldn't really get into the game.

Archie Thomson was a class above every other player today. Great movement, great passes, great dribbling and 2 good goals.

:)

What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I hope Archie doesn't wake up tomorrow and decide that he wants another crack at Europe because he is a class above any player in the league. Can't wait to see his second goal again. Kitzbichler's goal wasn't too bad either.

It's a shame the rest of the country weren't able to see Sydney humiliated but it was enjoyable for those of us there.

DB10 said:
Every single one of your posts on here has had something to do with us in it - obsessed, much? :)

Bah, horseshyte! I just like picking on the Italia of the A-League.

Attack!
Attack!
Attack!

;)

What a Game,

First Game i have been to and it was brilliant, i was standing on the Southern End near the Sydney FC fans and they where idiots. It was great when about 18,000 Melbourne fans where yelling out 5-nil....5-nil....5-nil to 20 to 30 Sydney fans :D .

Quote of the day from a Melbourne fan was "CAN WE PLAY USE'S EVERYWEEK" :D

My Best 3 Players on the Ground.....

Best: Archie Thompson (Archie was just Archie today)
2nd: Kevin Muscat (Rock in Defence while putting in 2 Pen)
3rd: Eugene Galekoric (A wall in Goal today)

Nicky_ Santoro said:
Bah, horseshyte! I just like picking on the Italia of the A-League.

Attack!
Attack!
Attack!

;)

So you are aware then that three of our last four games have involved us clearly dominating the game but only p*ss poor finishing has denied us more goals, then? A team can attack throughout the game, every week, and still only win 1-0, but they are still attacking and playing attacking football.

wez10000 said:
What a Game,

First Game i have been to and it was brilliant, i was standing on the Southern End near the Sydney FC fans and they where idiots. It was great when about 18,000 Melbourne fans where yelling out 5-nil....5-nil....5-nil to 20 to 30 Sydney fans :D .

Quote of the day from a Melbourne fan was "CAN WE PLAY USE'S EVERYWEEK" :D

My Best 3 Players on the Ground.....

Best: Archie Thompson (Archie was just Archie today)
2nd: Kevin Muscat (Rock in Defence while putting in 2 Pen)
3rd: Eugene Galekoric (A wall in Goal today)

yea same i was down at the southern end right next to the sydney supporters. wat about tht guy at the start? "can u sydney fans do us a favour and shutup!" lol tht started the little war of the words between the Melbounre and sydney fans.

Fair dinkum, Sydney are ratpoo. Was Dwight Yorke there? Invisible.

For all the talk, Sydney provided nothing.

Archie played the best game you could wish for. His goal with about 7 blokes surrounging him was world class. The Bich provides something that Vlahos can't with his runs.

Muscat goes alright too.

Amazing day, atmosphere, and performance. Who are the silly people now?

Nice to see you silly people are getting your cracks in (I'm looking at you Sporty & Sainter ;) ). Seriously though, fair play on a cracking win. As much as I can't stand to see you lot win to see Sydney FC lose 5-0 is rather hilarious! The 3rd Victory goal by Archie Thompson was as good as you'll see anywhere in the world, amazing stuff. Great to see a full house, should mean a repeat when we come down to take the 3 points in a fortnight! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back