A-League R8: Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Never!! See, you try to be nice and then people start this type of cr@p. ;)
There are only two types of football fan: Reds, and those that wish they could be! :D

Still, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and after 2 Shield inspired wins for the Blingers over Perf and Us, I just loved watching those barstewards get a touch up of epic proportions.

Sporty Spice said:
Shirt sponsor coming - Notice the new TAC advertising? Word is 3 year deal.

No not TAC :mad: i hated them at Richmond (Thanks Jay Schulz :thumbsu: ).

Does anybody know when the replay is on Fox Sports if there is one? i want to tape it onto DVD to keep and watch for years to come.

wez10000 said:
Does anybody know when the replay is on Fox Sports if there is one? i want to tape it onto DVD to keep and watch for years to come.

As it stands there won't be a replay...
Best you can do at the moment is watch the highlights show and that will have all the goals as FOX had their cameras there, just with no commentators etc..
However a bloke over on the MV forum is trying to organise something with the club, might be a screening in a pub soon and maybe a few dvds might float around. ;)

AlwaysCarlton said:
As it stands there won't be a replay...
Best you can do at the moment is watch the highlights show and that will have all the goals as FOX had their cameras there, just with no commentators etc..
However a bloke over on the MV forum is trying to organise something with the club, might be a screening in a pub soon and maybe a few dvds might float around. ;)

Thanks For That,

I have always wanted to check out the MV forum can you tell me the Website?

Thanks Again

Any similarity to your avatar and user title was entirely coincidental Ray. It's been that long since Adelaide were on top of the league that it's impossible to remember what you used to have.

I'm just ********ed off that we can't watch a replay of the game. Can't wait for the highlight show now.

Yeah well I knew i'd cop a drilling for that match!

We were disgraceful, you deserved to win. Much better side. Our defence was terrible, and it has been all season. Why we stick with Fyfe is beyond me.

I was disapointed with our numbers that went down. But not too bad I suppose.

About the ground, and lets face it, it's a piece of ********. It's the worse ground in the league. Sub-standard.

I was also disapointed with the atmosphere. Still has along way to come to match the Sydney noise. Wasn't bad, but with all due respect it's miles off Sydney.

Glad to see we have rivalry going know. Should be good for the future.

It's always good to get back from Tardistan. How on earth can you live there? (oops I forgot you ARE all moving to NSW and QLD!)

realfootball said:
It's always good to get back from Tardistan. How on earth can you live there? (oops I forgot you ARE all moving to NSW and QLD!)

Very easily. Enjoying the cost of living in Sydney?

Interesting note: Merrick was on Sports Today on 3AW last night (yes, they do talk about "soccer" sometimes) and he flagged the possibility that Melbourne may have to move venues if we host finals. Obviously he didn't want to talk about it too much (a bit presumptuous at this stage of the season!), but I was talking about this yesterday with some mates and I said Olympic Park just won't do for finals. We'd get 25,000 at least.

Still Crowing said:
Is Telstra Dome available...I'm thinking scheduling clashes with AFL galore.

As tempting as it would be to get a couple of extra thousand in, I shudder to think what kind of surface Collo would have in store for the Victory.

realfootball said:

Yeah, it's cleaner than Sydney, quieter than Sydney, we have more sporting events than Sydney, the cost of living is lower than Sydney, our public school system class numbers are lower than Sydney, our trains run on time moreso than Sydneys... Yeah, i'm not quite sure how we do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sporty Spice said:
Yeah, it's cleaner than Sydney, quieter than Sydney, we have more sporting events than Sydney, the cost of living is lower than Sydney, our public school system class numbers are lower than Sydney, our trains run on time moreso than Sydneys... Yeah, i'm not quite sure how we do it.

Dude, Melbourne dropped from first to second in the world this year in the world's most livable city thing. Clearly its really crap.

realfootball said:
I was also disapointed with the atmosphere. Still has along way to come to match the Sydney noise. Wasn't bad, but with all due respect it's miles off Sydney.

Your coach disagreed

Sporty Spice said:

Cleaner. Well, that's debateable. Quieter? Well the beauty of Sydney is that you can have whatver you want. Very noisy or very quiet or anywhere in between! Give you the point abt the trains. We all know who will get voted in here next time.

Why then do some many vics move to NSW and QLD?!

realfootball said:
diplomacy my friend.

The atmosphere was fantastic. Everyone at the game has said so and that includes the coaches, journalists and neutral supporters.

I do understand that it was fairly quiet where you and the other 38 Sydney supporters were.

"FIVE - NIL"

"FIVE NIL TO THE VICTORY!"

Just an observation, most of the people on here said they sat on the river side of the ground, but in the two matches I've been to, the Swan St. side was simply electric. Right next to the thick of the crowd action where all the chants and excitement happens. Great stuff!

What does BWB mean?

BWB = Bodies Within Barrels.....which is where you'll be after we're thru with ya in a fortnight! :D

Anyone that says the atmosphere was flat must be blind and deaf (wanna be a ref?).

evertonfc said:
Richmond Station, 11:30am.

Be there if you want some.

Just ask the unsuspecting women of Parramatta. Am sure they asked for plenty! :p

To all of you out, here is a little game for you. It is called "Pick the only dufus dumb enough to brandish non-A League club merchandise at at A League game in an A League supporters group"

MelbourneVictoryUnion.jpg

The winner will receive a free one way ferry ticket from Circular Quay to Parra. And a nice quiet couch in the corner.

Get to it laddies!

JF :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back