A-League R9: Queensland Roar v Adelaide United Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2003
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC
All discussion for the Round 9 A-League Match between Queensland Roar & Adelaide United may be posted on this thread. It will be stickied until next Tuesday.

Broadcast Details:

Saturday 22 October 2005

LIVE 107.9 LIFE FM LOCAL ADELAIDE RADIO - 7:30pm EST, 7pm CST, 5:30pm WST

If we lose this one we're f**ked. :(

This is a big game for the Roar. Need to get some home results.

Ray are the adelaide boys venturing north?

Not this year, no. With Melbourne away next week no Get Mobile has been organised for this game.

DB10 said:
Not this year, no. With Melbourne away next week no Get Mobile has been organised for this game.

Fair enough. Long way to travel and probably better to save the pennies so you guys can get a good crowd over to melbourne. Disappointing there is no TV coverage of this game, but lets hope it is a good match. Fernando is back in Brisbane, so he should get a warm welcome. He was a fine player for the strikers. Go Roar!

I won't be there this week unfortunately as I'll be on an end of season trip, but we are going to tear Adelaide a new one this week :) Hopefully another good crowd will turn up. I think we'll get up to the 15000 again.

I'm not sure what sought of reception Rech will get as most people there wouldn't have followed the Strikers.

Maybe SportySpice was onto something with the blingers having no originality because that sucked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's Basketball and Tennis/Golf on FOX.

Only a story on Alex Brosque in today's CM. No indications on ticket sales which I think may be down because of Indy and the recent weather even though it's expected to be fine tomorrow.

stmookeyj said:
I think it's Basketball and Tennis/Golf on FOX.

Only a story on Alex Brosque in today's CM. No indications on ticket sales which I think may be down because of Indy and the recent weather even though it's expected to be fine tomorrow.

Brosque to me has been very disappointing. To me Baird is a much better player.

Do LifeFM have webcast? Anyone got the details?

I expect this to be a firery encounter. We do tend to foul a lot, and the lads will be fired up from Miron's pi.sstaking in the media. QR aren't exactly Mother Teresa either, both games i've watched they've had someone sent off. I'll be very surprised if both teams end up with 11 on the park at the end.

0-0 @ 20 mins

Sounds like a great game....end to end....both sides attacking.

AU commentators reckon 15k+ there, but they're not sure. First time to Suncorp, which impresses them. Crowd sounds good on the radio.

HT Queensland Roar 0-0 Adelaide United

NANDO!!!

1-0 to United!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back