A-League - Round 15: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Great atmosphere at the game - Was very happy to get another point in an away game - In total 5 points off the scum this season and they only got the two.

Vidosic and Caravella really turned it on in the 2nd half - We were looking the better team in the last half an hour.

Harry Kewell was quite exceptional - unlucky not to score, however I am glad he didn't!

Not sure why Ramsey wasn't used, and that young Jake kid looks pretty confident for such a young lad on a big stage -

If Usucar is sitting on the subs bench and not playing any minutes, we should get rid of him and free up a foreigner spot -

Hello to any Victory supporters who threw chips at me after Sergio scored! - I was in the opposite corner to the reds fans!

Great atmosphere at the game - Was very happy to get another point in an away game - In total 5 points off the scum this season and they only got the two.

Vidosic and Caravella really turned it on in the 2nd half - We were looking the better team in the last half an hour.

Harry Kewell was quite exceptional - unlucky not to score, however I am glad he didn't!

Not sure why Ramsey wasn't used, and that young Jake kid looks pretty confident for such a young lad on a big stage -

If Usucar is sitting on the subs bench and not playing any minutes, we should get rid of him and free up a foreigner spot -

Hello to any Victory supporters who threw chips at me after Sergio scored! - I was in the opposite corner to the reds fans!

That was a true "Red Corner"

LaserDisc-Red-Corner-DTS-Digital-Theater-Sound-Front800.jpg

Once again we can't bury a side - we could have been 5-0 up at half time. Our defence is shoddy and although we have possibly the best attacking line-up in the comp they all tire by about the 60th minute and thats when the opposition start to take control.

Yes the atmosphere was superb, almost chanted non-stop, and I was half-drunk through the night. A well earned point I thought.

Second season running in which the AU v MV match at AAMI Park gets more people than when these sides clash at Etihad. It's time WE hosted MV twice for once.

Thought depsite drawing we showed quite a bit tonight, Adelaide have been in good form recently so a point against them is nothing to look down on.

Still I can't help but feel during the last weeks that things are on the up and it's only a matter of time before it all clicks for us.

p.s: Kewell is a magician (even if he has little to no defensive pressure whatsoever).

Hard to take anything away from that game. Both sides deserved to win.

I get the feeling the standard of the league has passed Allsopp and Broxham by. The look like deer in the headlights every time they get to the ball.

Not sure about the tactics. We looked wrecked by 60 minutes. Carlos had a fork in him after 25. Possibly Mem not pushing them hard enough in the pre-season?

Excellent crowd tonight. The less done at Etihad the better. Swan Street is boss. I'm impressed every time I go there. Hell, I might just drop the Etihad part of my membership next year and watch those games on TV.

Hard to take anything away from that game. Both sides deserved to win.

I get the feeling the standard of the league has passed Allsopp and Broxham by. The look like deer in the headlights every time they get to the ball.

Not sure about the tactics. We looked wrecked by 60 minutes. Carlos had a fork in him after 25. Possibly Mem not pushing them hard enough in the pre-season?

Excellent crowd tonight. The less done at Etihad the better. Swan Street is boss. I'm impressed every time I go there. Hell, I might just drop the Etihad part of my membership next year and watch those games on TV.

You could say that about a heap of heroes from the first few seasons of the new league along with the Bridges, Fowlers etc and that can only be a good thing. The more chancers (see a majority of Glory signings) get found out the better.

Tbh i thought Broxham was great last night. Obviously he doesnt do a lot with the ball but he won the ball back multiple times made timely tackles and made some crucial interceptions when they were about to counter.

So he finally done what a defensive midfielder is meant to do?

He's still shite and we desperately need two new central midfielders who know how to pass the ball and control the game in midfield.

So he finally done what a defensive midfielder is meant to do?

He's still shite and we desperately need two new central midfielders who know how to pass the ball and control the game in midfield.

Agreed that someone like Rostyn Griffiths and Partaarlu are better and would be fantastic at the club but i think Brebner will be the CM to go at the end of the year (due to age) and we'll keep Broxham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broxham is best employed as a ball winner. Just win the ball and pass it to Hernandez / Kewell. He's needed to occasionally help out in defense. It's when Brox tries to dribble or gets ideas in his head about going forward that his game falls down.

We have to stop giving away points after completely dominating United again. Almost a carbon copy of the Etihad game. Perhaps JM will dip into the transfer market for a decent CB. Fabio is good going forward but absolutely terrible at defending. What's happened to Kemp? Much better option at LB IMO, was inspirational for us in seasons gone by.

How come Thompson is never critisised? He misses so many chances each game. Yes he scored a goal yesterday but he also missed 2-3 clear chances. If he wasn't fast he would be an absolute spud.

The Cost us big time last night.

3 Changes next game

(If Rumour is True)

Tooper Stanley in for Vargas
Celeski in for Brebner
Cernak in for Allsopp

I thought Fabio had one of his better matches last night. Kewell was fantastic. Looked dangerous ever time he touched it. Didn't see the need to have both Franjic and Diogo on the bench especially when both Broxham and Brebner were starting. Thought they could have used another attacking sub.

If JM is going to buy a CB he needs to buy one with a bit of size. I am sick of seeing Vargas prance around the back - he is terrible. Victory always seem suspect at set-pieces. Covic has had a great season but he needs to grow some and be more agressive coming off his line. Watching him at corners last night was embarrassing.

Broxham is almost invisible.

How come Thompson is never critisised? He misses so many chances each game. Yes he scored a goal yesterday but he also missed 2-3 clear chances. If he wasn't fast he would be an absolute spud.

Probably cos it's a load of crap.
Maybe he missed chances, he still scored one.
Maybe he had a poor game this week, but he has been excellent this season. Still one of best players in the league.

Victory's problems are elsewhere like continually playing 4 players with little or no defensive skills in them.

Thompson's positioning and attacking runs are immense. We'd be ****ed without them.

Also, there was a corner during the game for Victory. I can't remember if we played short or direct but it was along the ground to Broxham about a foot inside the box. He hit it first time and completely butchered it. Brebner was right next to him. I found it absolutely baffling that when Brebner was so close Broxham was taking an opportunity like that. That's usually Brebner's attacking forte.

I thought Fabio had one of his better matches last night.

Agree - but the benchmark is exceptionally low with that fella.

A couple of observations on the coach who took off our better players (alright Danny was not great on the night) and then the team played long ball for much of the last 25 minutes.

Forgot to mention that. We could keep playing like we did earlier on if we had some fitness. Carlos had a fork in him after 25 minutes. Allsopp was done by half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back