Roast Action to let the club know how p***ed off we are

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been trying to take a break from footy for a while but the email from Fitzpatrick that just landed in my inbox has broken me. How can they possibly turn in the worst performance by any club in decades, in amongst a season of new worsts, and then turn around and give us the same meaningless platitudes about trusting the process? This is long beyond a joke.

They’ve got our membership money which, let’s face it, is all that they care about, so not turning up on Sunday won’t mean anything. For those of us that do turn up, what can we do? I’m thinking something like all turning our back at the 18 minute mark, something symbolic (but ultimately just as futile, I know).

Anyone got any thoughts?

I’ve been trying to take a break from footy for a while but the email from Fitzpatrick that just landed in my inbox has broken me. How can they possibly turn in the worst performance by any club in decades, in amongst a season of new worsts, and then turn around and give us the same meaningless platitudes about trusting the process? This is long beyond a joke.

They’ve got our membership money which, let’s face it, is all that they care about, so not turning up on Sunday won’t mean anything. For those of us that do turn up, what can we do? I’m thinking something like all turning our back at the 18 minute mark, something symbolic (but ultimately just as futile, I know).

Anyone got any thoughts?
  • Turn your back on the team during the get up for the huddle
  • Mexican wave when we are 10 goals down (which we will be)
  • Empty the ground out at 3/4 time. If we aint within 30 points everyone should up and leave and I mean everyone

Anyone got any thoughts?
I think we should all break out in a rousing rendition of the birds of tokyo song at the start of every quarter!

For those unlucky enough not to get it !

June 25, 2023

Dear wallet,

Yesterday’s defeat at the Sydney Cricket Ground was one of the darkest days in the history of the football club.

Losing in the way that we did to Sydney was unacceptable. The 171-point margin aside, what we produced on the field was not representative of what the West Coast Eagles has stood – and still stands – for.

We know our members and fans are hurting and so is everyone inside the football club.

We all take a degree of responsibility for where we sit currently and equally we are all committed to fighting our way through this situation.

It is important to get games into young players and fast track their development. We had nine players under the age of 21 take the field against the Swans and we expect them to be very good AFL players.

But we need our senior players to set a better example for them. With a couple of exceptions many of the experienced players were well down yesterday.

Obviously Adam Simpson and his coaching staff have been limited with what they can do with such a long injury list, but regardless we cannot tolerate performances of that nature and we expect a strong response against St Kilda next Sunday.

We do have faith that Adam can take this team forward and we also believe in the path we need to take to fight our way back.

It will take time because the long-term strategy revolves around bringing in more high-end young talent through the draft to lay solid foundations for the next era.

In closing, we do hear you and we urge you to stick with us through this. We need you more than ever. It will turn because everyone at the club is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get it done.

We can do it together.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Fitzpatick
Chair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[*]Empty the ground out at 3/4 time. If we aint within 30 points everyone should up and leave and I mean everyone
I think ideally it should be something that doesn’t happen every week.

• Turn your back on the team during the get up for the huddle
  • Mexican wave when we are 10 goals down (which we will be)
  • Empty the ground out at 3/4 time. If we aint within 30 points everyone should up and leave and I mean everyone
This is Freo supporters' level bad, sorry.
We're all hurting, but f*** me

Anyone got any thoughts?
You’re a lawyer right, do you know much about protest staging in WA?

City of Perth has a form for Protest/Rally/March notification, but I doubt it’s something City of Victoria Park have ever had to deal with.

If a bunch of supporters rocked up outside Lathlain with placards and chants calling for Nisbett’s resignation, would the cops get called ? What would happen?

Would look like a bunch of turkeys though I guess, protesting this while families right now in WA are getting evicted/sleeping in cars.

For those who havnt used their 25 dollar WCE Superstore voucher a few thousand of these on the ground after the game couldnt hurt

SC22WC-RESIZED1280x1280__95092.1612171028.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back