Adding tr***y to the swear filter

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah sorry I missed this on my first read - if you're talking about a transgender woman, that's what you call her. Transgender woman, or trans woman - or even, shockingly, just call her a woman.
Sorry missed your reply.

OK, whatevs. In this forum you're swimming in a giant pool of mainly dudes who don't really know what the deal is and mostly don't know any trans people.

I'm confused now.

So instead of 'that word', what's the word at the moment?

The word tr***y is almost exclusively used to refer to trans women. Trans women should be referred to as women, or if necessary as trans women.

The stuff about me isn't really relevant to this thread, it's just in response to being called "her" and wanting to clear up that I'm not a trans woman myself.

Sorry missed your reply.

OK, whatevs. In this forum you're swimming in a giant pool of mainly dudes who don't really know what the deal is and mostly don't know any trans people.

I'm very, painfully aware of that - that's why I'm bringing it up. If people don't know better, they can't do better. And I would really like this forum to do better on this score if it possibly can.

Edit - I'm happy to help out with understanding concepts or make recommendations if mods or admin would like me to. This thread, PMs, whatever.

The stuff about me isn't really relevant to this thread, it's just in response to being called "her" and wanting to clear up that I'm not a trans woman myself.

On this forum most people default to "he" unless told otherwise...

PS: Fyfie_ is also racist so ignore him. We all do.

I'm not racist, I have HUNDREDS of friends that are whichever race it is I'm currently discriminating against!

Thanks for making a change Chief - just a note though, trans is an adjective so putting it on its own in place of tr***y doesn't really work - could "trans woman" be substituted instead?

Again, thank you for listening and acting on this. It's much appreciated.

Chewing out the spline in my gearbox half-shaft is a lot wordier than saying, "I stuffed me trans woman."

Anyway, a trans woman is what you listen to the football on when you're out in the shed on a satdiarvo.
This post has become brilliant. :thumbsu:

The word tr***y is almost exclusively used to refer to trans women. Trans women should be referred to as women, or if necessary as trans women.

Try telling that to auto guys who for yonks have used trans as an abbreviation for transmission.

On a similar note, whilst the word f** is banned (on the Bay and rightfully so) the word p**f*** is not and is regularly used as well as in reference to Freo ("The Purple P*******").

It's like banning the c-bomb but allowing the f-bomb, makes no sense at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a similar note, whilst the word f** is banned (on the Bay and rightfully so) the word p**f*** is not and is regularly used as well as in reference to Freo ("The Purple P*******").

It's like banning the c-bomb but allowing the f-bomb, makes no sense at all.
I don't know what that word is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back