Discussion Adelaide 2015 Away and Clash jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with a gold design is ******* stupid West Coast and their tripanel piece of garbage.

Gold is also the most clash causing colour because it catches the eye like no other colour.

Whether they go gold or red, it needs to be 90+% that colour. It can't really have more than a couple of different coloured hoops.
which is why I think we need a red AND gold jumper.

No mate, your not SA Therefore don't wear it, you wouldn't wear a Glenelg or Port Jumper so why SA
because we were created to represent SA in the AFL.
7274781630_1d10f8bd40_z.jpg

You've added coloured cuffs and separated the chevrons a tiny bit. That difference is negligible. Maybe if it was yellow, with red and blue chevrons, but why would want that when you could have the previously mentioned consistent branding of hoops.

AND dropped the chevrons down low to match the SANFL style chevrons we use. I like your idea of a gold version, however, and would'nt be adverse to that either.

I just don't get why you would. You have a strong, identifiable brand with the hoops, but people like Damo insist that a SA state 'inspired' (see: completely identical) jumper is the way forward. Your home jumper is great as is, and a white or yellow or even red clash jumper featuring hoops would not only look great, but perpetuate a strong, consistent brand.
I get what you're saying but the fact of the matter is that there are limited hooped alternatives to the one we have as a home jumper that actually look good.

Just make the kits based on red or yellow instead of blue.
So instead of blue with red and yellow hoops, it's yellow with blue and red or red with yellow and blue.

Other option is go for a white base so you only need one clash jumper.
2dorkh.jpg

And yes I know that's on ISC but really it's not gonna change much from a basic idea perspective :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide are probably the team with the least obvious clash jumper. We can just about agree on a clash jumper for every other team, but Adelaide don't seem to have a jumper up their sleeve that ticks all the boxes. They don't have a great history of different jumper designs to draw from, either.

FWIW, St Kilda are a 98% chance to change manufacturers next year, as well. I think we're less likely than Adelaide to change our design, although I wouldn't complain one bit if we used chibimatty's stick man.

Heard from a contact with AFL Stores.
He's been spot on with info over a few years.

I've heard BLK from one of the AFL umpires too, BLK are doing the umpires uniforms from next year.

Plus another poster on the Adelaide board mentioned BLK from a source at the club.

So you may as well confirm it now.

Any word on why the Crows change apparel companies so damn often?

If you go on this board, you'll see a lot of valid designs. You have a lot to work with. The common denominator is not using white; it's pretty simple. Their club colours look pretty cool in clash variants, the tones of yellow and red aren't overbearing and saccharine like the Suns. It's a real pity they, and other sides, continue to try and patronise white jumpers when the only ones people like (and you see around on people older than 10) are when white's a club colour: Collingwood, Freo, Port, Carlton...

The other lame thing is that BLK jumpers are made like boxes and reportedly made cheap, too (someone on here was talking about collars not being centralised, stitching always butchered, discolouration). The top half barely goes in so you'll quite often see this balloon-y effect, and it's not just on skinny players either. I remember that pigeon toed Johnson from the Bulldogs always looked like he was wearing a hessian sack. Ash McGrath too yesterday.

Anyway, the coolest was this. People associate it with the Crows. If there's too much navy, make the bottom red:
ADE-Ricciuto-01.jpg

Something I found searching was this post. I personally dig this top one. It's the best example of these 90s designs, big mascots and colour blotches, working. I might be alone there though. Anyway, I haven't seen the second one, seemingly a training strip?, but I really like that too
id like to see one of these designs as a gameday/clash guernsey.

96crowspreseason.jpg

99crowstraining.jpg

I've heard BLK from one of the AFL umpires too, BLK are doing the umpires uniforms from next year.

Plus another poster on the Adelaide board mentioned BLK from a source at the club.

So you may as well confirm it now.

Any word on why the Crows change apparel companies so damn often?
Really? BLK for the umpires. Ugh. I liked then in Star this year, it looked pretty good. Although, I'd like to see the pale blue uniform used more often

So I'm reading from that is that they will keep the lime green and charcoal/grey, but as a base. Could we see a bit of a change in design from time to time?

I wouldn't mind them going down the path of the NRL with their umpires designs, but obviously not to the degree of the pink and black gradient horror
I just wish Umpires wore more than just lime green, it's not ideal with teams in gold or orange...and personally I would like to see a return of the white umpires where there is no clash.
upload_2014-8-25_16-36-6.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back