Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AE15_CompPoll_zps1h64ofhs.jpg

LOCK IN COMPS for 2015 WILL BE THE MAJOR ONES:
CONFIDENCE RATING
3XKO
NEXT DUEL

As there has been a fair bit of discussion of what people choose to play, I'm open to SEVEN comps with NO interest in running an option comp. But be aware that a seventh comp will need Prize Funding. I recommend it be $45 (an increase of $5). ALL AE15 SUBSCRIPTION = 100% TOTAL PRIZE POOL.

It's the AE's NINTH SEASON online. NEW LOOK, NEW CONCEPTS TO BE CONSIDERED.

MULTIPLE CHOICE SELECTION PROCESS. As there was 72 campaigners last season, in order to make the VOTE process hold the majority numbers, all I want is 50 submissions from individual AE members at least.

IF I don't get that 50 number, the voting becomes void and we'll stick with the same set of comps as last season with LCS getting a re-branding. However, this season I'd like to see EVERYONE WHO VOTES to pitch in for whether they WANT A STRICT SIX COMP @ $40 to remain. If this STRICT SIX COMP option is voted by 50 campaigners, the CUT OFF at SIX COMPS will apply otherwise we'll ADD that SEVENTH COMP at $45 per head.

MOST NOMINATED/ VOTED COMPS GET TO MAKE UP THE AE15 COMPILATION.

POLL ENDS NEXT MONDAY 22nd JUNE

**************************************************************************************

Here is an outline summary of each of the COMPS to be considered for VOTING FOR:

DROP ZONE ELIMINATION (managed by Balmainforever)
A comp in correlation with the CR weekly scores:
After Week 3/4 (tbd), it's a process of elimination for the bottom few 4-5 (tbd) scorers each week as the consistent higher scorers stay in the race until the Last SIX remain.

Previous Winners include: Smiths (2014) Sblack (2013) Tannehill17 (2012) & Fuey (2011)

Last seasons results: http://www.ae14clubhouse.com/dze2014.pdf

HIGH ROLLER SWEEPSTAKES
A comp in correlation with CR Weekly scores:
Highest Scorer/s of the week claims qualification for the Week 17 finale.

Previous Winners include: Woodson (2014), Matt_897 (2013), Arakaan (2012), Swannies (2011)

Last seasons results http://www.ae14clubhouse.com/best-of-the-rest.html

HOT STREAK (Proposed to be managed by Broken)
A NEW comp which is a stand alone from the CR.
Based on the alignment of games listed on the AE Selection Site (managed by JeffDunne)
which mostly in time sequence of games occurring.
It's about maintaining a streak of WINNERS which you 'individually pick out' each week whether it's ONE to SIXTEEN. It's all up to you how you want to approach with your strategy. Once one of your selected HOT STREAK TEAMS team loses you start over. Your highest Streak number of winners remains as your record. It's a ALL SEASON comp. Nobody is out of the running even late in the season but it'll be a tightrope comp of skill and poise.

FEATURE GAMES (manager to be confirmed)
A monthly Spreads - Margins comp for monthly prize monies recycled from the 2010 season which is based on FOUR FEATURE NOMINATED GAMES each week where options are given to play for a 3 - 2 - 1 accummalating points to make up your weekly score. At the conclusion of the four week cycle (except for one set) the most points claims the monthly prize ($60-80) tbc. Everyone starts from ZERO in the next cycle of FOUR WEEKS.

TWO TEAM SURVIVOR (managed by GG)
A NEW Comp similar to 3XKO, where TWO TEAMS selections are required each week with those teams NOT to be selected again. The task is to select a WINNER of those two weekly teams to avoid a STRIKE. With the pool of 32 teams to choose from, you pull the trigger with which combo you elect. ONCE your total amount of teams have FAILED YOU on FOUR OCCASIONS (think : 4XKO) you're eliminated from the comp.

TOP TIPS *working title* (managed by Sven)
A NEW format mid-season comp which is NOT to be correlated with CR scoring, only the team selections. And not to be a h2h comp either. It's a STRAIGHT UP WINNERS selection comp with perhaps either inter-conference games to fetch double points (2) or Division games to fetch double points. Most points scored from Week 9 to Week 17 claims the Prize.

This will replace the seeded knock out format LCS.

****************************************************************************************

SIX SELECTIONS with UP to FOUR comps to get the GREEN LIGHT UNLESS 50 AE previous members elect to the STRICT SIX LIMIT.

MULTIPLE VOTES ENCOURAGED - ALL VOTES DISPLAYED PUBLICLY - CHANGES CAN BE MADE BEFORE DEADLINE. AE15 ROOKIES WELCOME TO VOTE. AE MEMBERS VOTE.

Last edited:

Then don't vote and nothing passes

Disappointing that just SIX have just voted so far.. would of hoped 20 at least with triple digit amount of views.

I seem to be nothing more than a donator but I was happy at $40.

I seem to be nothing more than a donator but I was happy at $40.

I'm thinking you try the George Constanza method… do the complete opposite when that crunch time decision needs to be made. :) Could land you more mentions in the AE15 Clubhouse weekly wraps.. GG gets more exposure than you.. :eek: just sayin'..

I'm thinking you try the George Constanza method… do the complete opposite when that crunch time decision needs to be made. :) Could land you more mentions in the AE15 Clubhouse weekly wraps.. GG gets more exposure than you.. :eek: just sayin'..

Golfers have a NAGA surely we could have a NATA or similar!

Feature Games! Woooooottttt Vote it in guys and it is the only game there that gives you a brand new comp and clean slate every 4 weeks throughout the season to win cash.

No matter how bad you go in CR/ND and 3XKO early in the season this comp is always waiting for a new winner once a month. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Golfers have a NAGA surely we could have a NATA or similar!

Consider this… you've made the ND play-offs twice (2010 & 2012) and last season were a measily four points shy of snaring the RIPCORD TITLE.. finishing third. I'm still out in the cold regards ND and I work long tedious hours trying to put together the damn schedule!! Life ain't fair.. I know. Y'know that I won my first 'AE title' last season even though it was a minor comp… HOW??

Just sticking to what my early season strategy was.. taking bunch of upsets a week.. only this time I didn't have any in double digits… lesson for GG to embrace.

Week17_zpscb075950.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Consider this… you've made the ND play-offs twice (2010 & 2012) and last season were a measily four points shy of snaring the RIPCORD TITLE.. finishing third. I'm still out in the cold regards ND and I work long tedious hours trying to put together the damn schedule!! Life ain't fair.. I know. Y'know that I won my first 'AE title' last season even though it was a minor comp… HOW??

Just sticking to what my early season strategy was.. taking bunch of upsets a week.. only this time I didn't have any in double digits… lesson for GG to embrace.

Week17_zpscb075950.jpg
Hey it isn't a whine at all. I really enjoy AE and the $40 is a small price to pay for that enjoyment. here's hoping the law of "The sun shines a dog's arse sometimes" comes through for me this year! :)

Hey it isn't a whine at all. I really enjoy AE and the $40 is a small price to pay for that enjoyment. here's hoping the law of "The sun shines a dog's arse sometimes" comes through for me this year! :)

$40 is stuff all and you cannot even buy a slab of beer anymore for that!

I am not against making it $45 for more prize money to go around as lets face it a heap of players win cash every year in some way ( especially me and i have only gone 1 year from memory now without some sort of cash coming my way which has paid for the comp itself!!:p :D )

Even though last year i won double my entry fee wise a bet with larkis took any profit away and he gets to play for free this year on me! Well we both really play for free this season as Woodson kept my winnings from last year for entry this season for me and Larkis into AE.

$40 is stuff all and you cannot even buy a slab of beer anymore for that!

I am not against making it $45 for more prize money to go around as lets face it a heap of players win cash every year in some way ( especially me and i have only gone 1 year from memory now without some sort of cash coming my way which has paid for the comp itself!!:p :D )

Even though last year i won double my entry fee wise a bet with larkis took any profit away and he gets to play for free this year on me! Well we both really play for free this season as Woodson kept my winnings from last year for entry this season for me and Larkis into AE.

And GeeCats07 + axis_miles03 also snapping up consolation entry with their ND CC run.

Sadly all I can do is prevent other people from earning money. It'll be my season soon enough in 2029 probably.

Sadly all I can do is prevent other people from earning money. It'll be my season soon enough in 2029 probably.

Nothing to lose this year mate as you are playing for free!!

Go all out GG like with those upsets and a 16CR on the Raiders playing the Pats! :eek: :D

Nothing to lose this year mate as you are playing for free!!

Go all out GG like with those upsets and a 16CR on the Raiders playing the Pats! :eek: :D
I do upsets better than GG, he wishes he could pick them as good as me.

I do upsets better than GG, he wishes he could pick them as good as me.

Rams at home against the Cardinals in a division clash does not count though! :p

a) It is a division game that are always close.

b) You follow the Rams!

Rams at home against the Cardinals in a division clash does not count though! :p

a) It is a division game that are always close.

b) You follow the Rams!

I can pick upsets with other teams as well. Think it's the year of the Jaguar!

Also Patriots won't suck as much as people think, Eagles are overrated and Raiders will beat Broncos twice.

Also this is just wild speculation so please don't crucify me. I have no clue what will happen until Sunday night then I only have a 50% chance of knowing the winner.

I can pick upsets with other teams as well. Think it's the year of the Jaguar!

Also Patriots won't suck as much as people think, Eagles are overrated and Raiders will beat Broncos twice.

Also this is just wild speculation so please don't crucify me. I have no clue what will happen until Sunday night then I only have a 50% chance of knowing the winner.

As long as that happens you'll always have me as a follower.

I voted them all in. Love all ideas, and the idea of more comps to play... And of course see how many I can finish last at.

GG How can you "vote for all of them" and also vote to keep the current 6 only?? Or am I missing something in GG logicland... :D :D

Woodson don't worry too much about the lower response rate, keep plugging the survey and people will vote over the next week or so. You also need to let people read it and think about it before voting, not everyone has the "punch the most random hanging chads" approach that Facebook/surveymonkey adopt...

Thanks to all for all of the efforts regardless of which ones get up, this (AE) is one of the greatest of all tipping comps I've ever participated in across more than 35 years of tipping on everything from camel races to round the world solo sailboat races. Just needs a category for picking the quickest drinker of the half yard and it would be all of the best of human competitive spirit in one simple drag and drop website...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back