AE15 Annual Comp Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodson

Survivor's 14 votes is SECOND highest!
Like i said anyway.....just include survivor as a trial 3xko replacement....and include the other feature comps anyway.

As i also said....you dont need to wait for 50+ votes, because it's apparent already that it's going to be an even spread of votes for all the options, including the last one.

Basically, the votes to date are already a microcosm of what the votes would be if 50 or 100 people voted.

By all means! Wait for more votes, keep the poll open. But just don't demand 50 vote otherwise the whole thing is scratched and we'll just go with the last option. No...just keep the poll open, we have two or three months still before deciding.

Woodson

Survivor's 14 votes is SECOND highest!
Like i said anyway.....just include survivor as a trial 3xko replacement....and include the other feature comps anyway.

As i also said....you dont need to wait for 50+ votes, because it's apparent already that it's going to be an even spread of votes for all the options, including the last one.

Basically, the votes to date are already a microcosm of what the votes would be if 50 or 100 people voted.

By all means! Wait for more votes, keep the poll open. But just don't demand 50 vote otherwise the whole thing is scratched and we'll just go with the last option. No...just keep the poll open, we have two or three months still before deciding.

It's the distribution of Prize Money funds that precludes from Feature Games happening. (Where's the $600 spare??) Back in 2010, the set up was just 4 comps. DZE, LCS and HRS replaced Feature Games by majority voting it out in favour of three aforementioned different comps.

I didn't personally think LCS was all that bad of a concept. With a chosen few getting ants in their pants and wanting to try other kind of different comps to see what we have to offer… we brought in Temptation with a lukewarm response. The competitive edge was underwhelming. Spreads isn't embraced. Simple as that. Let's just move on now.

I'll be calling up JeffDunne soon to see what he can do with the HOT STREAK template incorporated with the CR template.

It's the distribution of Prize Money funds that precludes from Feature Games happening. (Where's the $600 spare??) Back in 2010, the set up was just 4 comps. DZE, LCS and HRS replaced Feature Games by majority voting it out in favour of three aforementioned different comps.

I didn't personally think LCS was all that bad of a concept. With a chosen few getting ants in their pants and wanting to try other kind of different comps to see what we have to offer… we brought in Temptation with a lukewarm response. The competitive edge was underwhelming. Spreads isn't embraced. Simple as that. Let's just move on now.

I'll be calling up JeffDunne soon to see what he can do with the HOT STREAK template incorporated with the CR template.
Going into it coming in I think I was unsure on them all.

In the years since then. I've fallen in love of DZE, hate HRS and want minor tweaks with LCS as it's stale. Top Tips or the new thingy I just shake my head at. Why make drastic changes? Just needed minor ones by creating an air on uncertainty around it. I would have voted in LCS just by changing it from a tennis cup with seeds to a soccer cup and completely random draw each week.

CR, ND, DZE, HRS.....those should never change. The last two are good because they provide everyone else to still be in the running to win some prizemoney thru the guts of the season.

LCS wasn't a bad idea, but it's basically another ND. So it was dispensable.

Temptation was an attempt at a new concept. Especially where everyone wanted some OTHER type of scoring method than just using CRs. That want is still meritorious tho. We should look at having a comp that uses something else and that will keep people interested.

If Temptation didn't achieve that, maybe Hot Streak can. Why Hot Streak should be in. Again, to trial it like we trialed Temptation.

Survivor should be included as it's being trialed as a possible replacement for 3xko.

So we can just roll with that no? CR, ND, DZE, HRS, HS, SU. That's six comps. Or you can include another one of the proposed ideas (Top Tips or Feature Games). To make it 7 comps. With Survivor not really counted as a 7th comp, seeing as it's being trialed as a 3xko replacement.

$10 for the highest score in any week>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 16 people going h2h in week 17 for $100 or whatever it is.

I for one would be more inclined to play a game later in the year if I can win a little back then have to qualify for a secondary competition.

CR, ND, DZE, HRS.....those should never change. The last two are good because they provide everyone else to still be in the running to win some prizemoney thru the guts of the season.

LCS wasn't a bad idea, but it's basically another ND. So it was dispensable.

Temptation was an attempt at a new concept. Especially where everyone wanted some OTHER type of scoring method than just using CRs. That want is still meritorious tho. We should look at having a comp that uses something else and that will keep people interested.

If Temptation didn't achieve that, maybe Hot Streak can. Why Hot Streak should be in. Again, to trial it like we trialed Temptation.

Survivor should be included as it's being trialed as a possible replacement for 3xko.

So we can just roll with that no? CR, ND, DZE, HRS, HS, SU. That's six comps. Or you can include another one of the proposed ideas (Top Tips or Feature Games). To make it 7 comps. With Survivor not really counted as a 7th comp, seeing as it's being trialed as a 3xko replacement.

3XKO stays. Survivor needs to earn it's stripes. Then once we (in whole) get to see the pros & cons of it.. it will enable all to make a sound decision whether it merges with 3XKO. Straight up is very stock standard (read: Zzzz). That's why we have CR. Nobody is cheering on Straight up except a mere handful. In this poll.. just 11. I mentioned to Sven whether he wants to make it a 'select few of games go 'double points' like inter conference games or even MNF.. just to spice it up. Can't see the value of a half baked mid-season comp with 'straight up - 1 for 1' gathering a rush of excitement. Aside an outsider looking in asking to introduce it with a 'silent' interest.. it's just uninspiring. We use weekly winners who know what they're doing >> making the ND play-offs to determine a dead-heat.

Nobody is stopping you from joining the ESPN / Down Under NFL group on Facebook to compete for FREE in such 'simpleton 1 on 1' comps.

With Sven daring to tweak 'TOP TIPS' (working title) for the sake of trying something new from Weeks 9-17.. I'm open to that. We'll give away a minor prize like AE16 subs entry. It's not comp that's gonna be promoted at all UNLESS it's overwhelmingly evident that majority want it more than the minor comps.

Exactly GG.. Survivor is needing a trail run to overhaul BIG BROTHER, 3XKO. Let it rest. The AE jury will tell you how they're coping during the year.

Last edited:
$10 for the highest score in any week>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 16 people going h2h in week 17 for $100 or whatever it is.

I for one would be more inclined to play a game later in the year if I can win a little back then have to qualify for a secondary competition.

Sven will need to package a scoring template more invigorating than 1 for 1 for everyone to get onboard with LCS re-vamped / morphed as a mid season comp. This means that a seventh comp to clinch the $150-$200 prize allocation that replaced the Runner up prize in LCS. Obviously it'll be a Winner takes all prize. SEVEN comps is do-able provided it's managed but I need SVEN to deliver the proposal to get everyone excited about soon. Even if that means a semi-feature games proposal that encapsulates a competitive edge. Gotta be better than the run of the mill 1 on 1 straight up. At $50 prize money a month.. that's do-able. Without needing to raise the AE15 subs.

You misunderstand me Woodson, personally I don't care if LCS or its replacement get canned, I'm not that invested in them that I couldn't live without them.

From the poll DZE (18 votes) and Survivor (14) were the clear favourites. IMO it's up to you to decide if you want to include the games that got 12 votes - Hot Streak and Feature Games.

Woodson I have a big objection to this part of the process.

IF I don't get that 50 number, the voting becomes void and we'll stick with the same set of comps as last season with LCS getting a re-branding

WoodsonBy all means! Wait for more votes, keep the poll open. But just don't demand 50 vote otherwise the whole thing is scratched and we'll just go with the last option. No...just keep the poll open, we have two or three months still before deciding.

It feels like this whole thing was just a waste of time now because the people fighting for changes cant' get 50 inactive flogs to come in and click a button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing with a justified consensus is DZE.

Two team survivor doesn't have a majority of votes and everything else is just below the 50% mark.

Just keep it as it is last year and let GG do another mutant competition instead of temptation.

It's just a dose of reality.

Almost 30 people voting on the quietest time of the year for these boards is quite amazing however even with the most optimistic bunch only one thing was voted by the majority.

It's just a dose of reality.

Almost 30 people voting on the quietest time of the year for these boards is quite amazing however even with the most optimistic bunch only one thing was voted by the majority.
Yeah but we need six comps. Hot streak tho not getting majority votes should get a run. Survivor needs to come in as a trial run.

As Survivor is
Only thing with a justified consensus is DZE.

Two team survivor doesn't have a majority of votes and everything else is just below the 50% mark.

Just keep it as it is last year and let GG do another mutant competition instead of temptation.

Instead that trail of SURVIVOR is going ahead but with 'low end profile' to see how the AE jury responds. It'll allow the winner to pick up Free entry to AE16.
I'm not gonna be fussed if some folk forget to submit their TWO TEAMS… this is just a trail run. See how it settles and then we'll have a better idea of whether it's workable with 3XKO (merger) in 2016. I'm glad GG is supporting my rationale.

As for TOP TIPS *working title* it's also a trail run mid-season with a new configurement yet to be disclosed. Not obligated for everyone to participate as it'll be tinkering concept if Sven wants to trial it. I'll be getting in touch with JD today to discuss.

So I'll confirm that AE15 will consist of SIX comps.
CONFIDENCE RATING
NEXT DUEL
3XKO
DROP ZONE ELIMINATION
HIGH ROLLER SWEEPSTAKES
HOT STREAK

AE15 Launch to be organised this week.
No change in annual subscription >> $40.

Well the six shooter gets retired with no more LCS. kept me tipping when I was out of contention with the other comps. At least I got one title out of it :p
dw, You got feature games.
There will be a week 13-17 game which you can win.

Btw, As the defending champion (may have taken Chris25 shitting the bed week 17 2010 for me to overtake him on the yearly total) I believe I should choose the teams for the first 4 weeks?

It's 5 teams right with SNF and MNF locked in and we're not allowed to select TNF either right?
I can go with that.

In the process of preparing the AE15 Launch. Going to push for something extra this season. More BANG for your AE buck.
With a new look and new comp in tow, HOT STREAK, which I expect will be a favourite amongst many, by season end.
AE15_official%20logo_zps31aephpz.jpg

I'm back for another season after a health scare over the last six months. Thanks to those who sent their well wishes. Can we please get tagged a day or so before the closing date this year. Count me in anyway already so if I haven't joined please PM me the day or so before the closing date GG or Woodson. Thanks.

I'm back for another season after a health scare over the last six months. Thanks to those who sent their well wishes. Can we please get tagged a day or so before the closing date this year. Count me in anyway already so if I haven't joined please PM me the day or so before the closing date GG or Woodson. Thanks.
Great to see you back mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back