List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jaenschy is a keeper. Great that he signed. At the Brisbane game in the warm up, he was practicing his kickouts and hit 6 torry's in a row that all landed in the centre circle. They were MASSIVE bombs. Was awesome to watch. Needs to bring that out more often in a game.

I swear we used the torp on occasion last year when we didn't have another option. IIRC, Sando said he didn't have a problem with it as long as we used it sparingly.

Could you please show me where I'm caught up in the $700k???.

Interesting comments on James Frawley from Leigh Matthews... And this guy wants a salary of $700K????

Thats your original statement. It shows that you think 700k for him is outlandish.

If you took the time to read the actual article you would have known what you are attributing to me was a DIRECT quote from Leigh Matthews!

Leigh Matthews believes Frawley is not in the league’s top 100 players, saying this month: “If he wasn’t a free agent, no one would be thinking about recruiting him. He’s an OK player.”

For the record I'd love to have him at the AFC but $700k would be overs IMO.

Once again the bolded bit shows that you are caught up in the $700k. The actual money component doesn't matter (within reason). The key here is that we have salary cap space (due to Tippo leaving and missing 4 draft picks) and either we spend that on existing players or we get a free agent. The key to Frawley is that if we pick him up as a free agent - we have no negative impact on our list. We don't lose anything - players or draft picks.

And I also believe Matthews is far better credentialed to assess his worth than most of us on here.

Good for you in blindly following what Leigh Mathews says because of his credentials. People get it wrong. The fact remains that James Frawley was an All Australian defender in 2010 at the age of 21. This clearly shows that he has the ability to be a top 25 player in the AFL.

Now Leigh might be right that his form hasn't been that good over the past 2 seasons, but form is temporary - class is permanent. The guy can play. Put him in our backline where he becomes the #2 defender and the ball isn't being kicked inside 50 - 60times a game and he can shine. He would be a perfect fit for us - and we would be laughing all the way to the bank to write a 700k check for him.

Laverde looks perfect for us.
I certainly wouldn't knock him back, but I get the feeling he might lack a bit of composure and class ie Dangerfield. He has all the athletic attributes, has a reasonable kick and is good in space, but I fear he doesn't have the class and vision in congestion that Weller & Ahern have.
They seem to make the right decisions and execute even in traffic.

Having said all that id go the following order Lever, Ahern, Weller, Durdin, Laverde.

Also a bit unsure on Durdin. Is he another Sam Day? Hype based on potential?

Skippos?

Awesome. I trust we were on the phone to his manager at 6:01 last night.

"The incumbent in Ben's position is who? McKay? He's a bit old isn't... not the Carlton one, you say? Blonde guy on a 4 year deal? Didn't he go to Melbourne?"

I have to ask - what was your name before Elder Van Berlo?

Laverde seems like the guy we will end up with if we dont go for a tall with the first pick. Ahern will be gone by our pick according to nearly every phantom draft I've seen. Would be nice to have Laverde, he fits that Nat Fyfe modern midfielder height range that we lack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the input, lunacy.

I've only seen highlights of Laverde - we desperately need outside run but we're also crying out for great footskills.

Has anyone heard anymore on the Michael Talia rumor that was swirling around earlier this season. Certainly more of an attacking KD than anyone on our list.

I knew not getting polec would bite us on the arse. He is looking like an absolute jet at the moment. Jeez he would make an enormous difference to our team.

Can you imagine Brodie Smith and him from HBF to f50 in about 3 seconds with those two. Why didn't we try harder to recruit him? We offer Mackay 400k per year for four years? I wonder if we offered polec that sort of money he'd end up choosing the crows as his destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back