AFL 2015, Round 6 - W.Bulldogs vs St Kilda, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when did being tired become an excuse?

Well when you have had a 6 day break, and your opponents have had 7....the Doggies had how many days less to recover than the Saints?????

When I watched the replay I noticed at half time how the Doggie players were "celebrating" their win. They were acting like the ganme was over, and well for them it turned out it was.

AFL is a 4 quarter game. Dogs forgot this and lost.

Last edited:
Well when you have had a 6 day break, and your opponents have had 7....the Doggies had how many days less to recover than the Saints?????

When I watched the replay I noticed at half time how the Doggie players were "celebrating" their win. They were acting like the ganme was over, and well for them it turned out it was.

AFL is a 4 quarter game. Dogs forgot this and lost.

Didn't the dogs have a 7 day break and the saints 6?

Anyways I think the bigger issue was it was all above the ears for the dogs. Scars are still there obviously in the older playing group but also the club.

Also think they went to beat up on the saints but when the saints adapted and started going to man as well, the dogs took smaller steps. Seems they're happy to give it but run scared when it comes back their way. Might be a recurring issue and weakness that sides will use against them.

Coaching was poor too. What happened to murphy on billings

Haha pretty funny stuff to read through. Yeah you jumped us yesterday Saints but its not going to happen again. Its a loss we needed. Wait til we meet you next time, hopefully with a few more players on the park.

Haha pretty funny stuff to read through. Yeah you jumped us yesterday Saints but its not going to happen again. Its a loss we needed. Wait til we meet you next time, hopefully with a few more players on the park.
So Freo and Doggies fans keep telling us... :p

Didn't the dogs have a 7 day break and the saints 6?

Anyways I think the bigger issue was it was all above the ears for the dogs. Scars are still there obviously in the older playing group but also the club.

Also think they went to beat up on the saints but when the saints adapted and started going to man as well, the dogs took smaller steps. Seems they're happy to give it but run scared when it comes back their way. Might be a recurring issue and weakness that sides will use against them.

Coaching was poor too. What happened to murphy on billings

Just to confirm, the saints had a 6 day break and the dogs a 7 day break. Dogs played in the wet last week though so that must have been tough :rolleyes:

You mean when we'll hopefully have Riewoldt (who was a shadow of his usual self, having played just 2 games of footy in the 7 months prior- and none since round 2- and having just had another young friend die, 3 days before the game) and Montagna (one game in the last 7 or 8 weeks) not badly in need of the run, Savage (easily our best "running back") not getting subbed off with concussion early in the game, Dunstan not playing sore and other best 22 types like Gilbert, Ray and Ross (all back in full training now) available? Plus us not coming off a 6 day break (to your 7) and our own extremely tiring game the week before- not to mention a very deflating loss?

I don't remember the last time I saw our group so tired after a game as they were last week, when half of them were sprawled on the ground after the final siren. We'd been running up and down on the spot in the last quarter of that game and had just 6 days to back up from it, with a young team. It's no wonder we were so flat in the first half on Saturday.

You guys might have tired badly after half time, but we practically didn't show up until half time. We practically phoned in our 2nd quarter, which was fair-dinkum disgraceful. So you guys played well for a half and we played well for a half, for various reasons.

Next time you guys might be closer to full strength and form and may play for closer to a full game, but so might we. We're only just getting close to full strength for the first time in about two whole years (we were comfortably 1st on the AFL website's "injury ladder" prior to this latest round of footy, but all bar 1 on our list is now in full training, so that will hopefully change from here on). I certainly went into this weekend's game thinking that if we were going to beat you guys this year that we'd be a much better chance in the later meeting, when we might have more momentum and confidence up and won't be coming off a a 6 day break from an exhausting game, so I'm looking forward to it.

I doubt you'll have a better chance of beating us than you did when you were 55 points up early in the third on the weekend, or even when you kicked the first two goals of the last, to go 4 goals up again, but we'll see.

Last edited:

How do you know this? Injuries are inevitable in this game and you can never be sure who will play from week to week. I haven't seen such an incredible second half performance from my team in what seems eons. I think they will derive much belief from this and go into the next meeting with a lot of confidence. Dogs got way ahead of themselves and hopefully for them, learned that they need to treat opponents with more respect. Stringer getting in Riewoldt's face didn't help their cause and in the end came back to haunt him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back