Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 17 - Port v Suns Sat July 8th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • Suns by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He's been in the job 10 years and proven nothing beyond the inability to win when it actually matters. Why are supporters of other teams so willing to accept mediocrity? Would you keep a guy in the top job who'd been there for over a decade and never even reached a GF? Its pretty telling how much supporters of OTHER teams want him to stick around, why wouldn't you want a total dud coaching another team in the league.

Kenny is doing an excellent job, without him port would be just another team around the 11 or 12 mark. It’s clear listening to the port players speak that they’re becoming disturbed that he may not be there next year. I’d extent prior to finals to give port a boost

Port fans want him to deliver to the same standards every other coach in the history of the league has been held to or sacked if he doesn’t deliver.

If fagan hasn’t led brisbane to a gf by 2027 wouldnt lions fans want him gone?

Wouldnt you?

I already know the answer, of course you would.

Not if grandpa fages had us equal too with 13 in a row and the boys saying how much he loved them. I would have extended weeks ago.

Lol it’s bizarre

Port fans - we expect after a record amount of time (ie every other club in the history of the league has moved on their coach if they haven’t made a gf by this time) for our coach to deliver

Hinkley - looks like he “might” deliver

Other fans - hahahaha jokes on you port fans!
Hinkley has one job - sit down and shut up.

Kenny is doing an excellent job, without him port would be just another team around the 11 or 12 mark. It’s clear listening to the port players speak that they’re becoming disturbed that he may not be there next year. I’d extent prior to finals to give port a boost

Sure you would pal.

Like the players are going to come out and pot him for no reason after a win? Even if it is genuine I honestly couldnt give a stuff if he's the players best mate and routinely saves their cats from trees, when it comes down to it he's shown himself to be tactically inept and a creator of soft lists that roll over under pressure. It's beyond obvious the progress this year has come from Carr taking over.

Sure you would pal.

Like the players are going to come out and pot him for no reason after a win? Even if it is genuine I honestly couldnt give a stuff if he's the players best mate and routinely saves their cats from trees, when it comes down to it he's shown himself to be tactically inept and a creator of soft lists that roll over under pressure. It's beyond obvious the progress this year has come from Carr taking over.

Ken is down in the boundary doing tactics tho

Now we have Carlton fans piping up like their team has been relevant since the invention of color television. You'd think they would know better being one of the only teams to have consistently had coaches as mediocre as donuts since the turn of the millennium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not without a headset he isn't.

You dont need a headset when the players and runner is right there. You can see him make a change and then port will kick a goal and kenny will fist pump because he knows the move was a success

You dont need a headset when the players and runner is right there. You can see him make a change and then port will kick a goal and kenny will fist pump because he knows the move was a success
We are well versed in the Crom talking up Stinkers just before a contract extension. The only idiot stupid enough to fall for it is Koch. Every Port supporter knows what you are doing and we realise you know he's a dud.

Now we have Carlton fans piping up like their team has been relevant since the invention of color television. You'd think they would know better being one of the only teams to have consistently had coaches as mediocre as donuts since the turn of the millennium

Well who wouldn’t want to be on board this ride with Kenny.
He’s got the team firing like a runaway train and the Port faithful have every right to be hailing him 👍

James Milner Lfc GIF by Liverpool FC

You're catching heaps tonight Elixuh, very successful fishing session.

I don't think dews the man. He's either coaching to protect a very s**t team, or he just doesn't have a clue what he's doing. Stacking the defence and midfield and leaving no forwards or 1 forward against multiple defenders is only a matter of time before this happens.

How longs he been coaching gold coast as well, 6 years?
GC will sack him with a couple of rounds to go to give enough time to get Damo

After 15ish years the Gold Coast Suns are as irrelevant as the day they joined the competition.

From the top down this club is a shambles. The board is a bunch of no-name tourism execs and Kurt Tippett (umm what?).

Mark Evans has been CEO since 2017. Done nothing but appoint Dew which he needs to rectify ASAP.

Dew's easily the worst coach in the business. Has mastered getting inconsistent effort from his playing group. Horrible in the media.

Do we really want a bye when the Tassie team enter the competition in a few years? Personally I'd rather see the AFL write this expansion attempt off as a failure and take back the license.

Disagree. Problem is the Vic clubs scab their best players once they reach their prime. Have a look at all the players to have left the club once they reach their prime, it's premiership quality outflow.

AFL is growing fast with Gold Coast kids, just need those local kids to be drafted in a few years time.

Disagree. Problem is the Vic clubs scab their best players once they reach their prime. Have a look at all the players to have left the club once they reach their prime, it's premiership quality outflow.

AFL is growing fast with Gold Coast kids, just need those local kids to be drafted in a few years time.
VIC clubs have taken a lot of good players for sure but I don't necessarily think it's limited to just them. We took Dixon for example, crows Rankine. There are way more VIC clubs than any other state so of course it's gonna seem like only they take the best players

Back