Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Port v Pies Sat July 22nd 7:40pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port-Adelaide-vs-Coll.png

2nd v 1st

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 19
PORT ADELAIDE V COLLINGWOOD
SATURDAY JULY 22ND 7:10PM EST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
POWER

B: L. Jones, T. McKenzie, D. Houston
HB: K. Farrell, A. Aliir, R. Burton
C: M. Bergman, W. Drew, X. Duursma
HF: Z. Butters, T. Marshall, T. Boak
F: W. Rioli, C. Dixon, S. Powell-Pepper
FOLL:S. Lycett, O. Wines - C, C. Rozee

I/C: J. McEntee, J. Finlayson, J. Horne-Francis, F. Evans
EMG: D. Williams, O. Lord, J. Burgoyne, H. Jackson

In: T. McKenzie, W. Rioli, C. Dixon, J. Horne-Francis, F. Evans
OUT: T. Jonas (Omitted), J. Burgoyne (Omitted), O. Lord (Omitted), D. Williams (Omitted), J. Mead (Omitted), D. Byrne-Jones (Injured)

MAGPIES
B: J. Howe, D. Moore - C, I. Quaynor
HB: B. Maynard, N. Murphy, S. Pendlebury
C: J. Noble, T. Adams, J. Daicos

HF: B. McCreery, B. Mihocek, P. Lipinski
F: J. Elliott, D. McStay, S. Sidebottom
FOLL:D. Cameron, T. Mitchell, N. Daicos

I/C: J. De Goey, B. Hill, J. Crisp, M. Cox
EMG: F. Macrae, J. Ginnivan, O. Markov, A. Johnson

In: B. Mihocek, D. Cameron
OUT: B. Frampton (Omitted), O. Markov (Omitted), A. Johnson (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Adams - 200 games
Collingwood midfielder Taylor Adams will celebrate his 200th AFL game this Saturday night. Drafted by the GWS Giants with pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Adams went on make his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season against the Western Bulldogs. The 29-year-old was traded to Collingwood in 2013 and made his club debut for the Pies in the opening round of the 2014 season. The 2020 All-Australian and Copeland Trophy winner has a total of 73 goals to his name.

Last edited:
Even if they don't win, Port would want to keep this result close as all roads to the flag lead through Collingwood at the G and a flogging by them at AO would have big mental scarring on port imo heading into finals

It’s a shame that a game which was building to be an absolute cracker between 1v2 is now going to coincide with us missing (or injury affected) a quarter of our best 22.

We could go into this game missing all of Dixon, Butters, JHF, Mckenzie, DBJ and with Lycett recovering from a knee issue.

Dam shame was really looking forward to the match but think it will somewhat be a walk in the park for the Pies if we do miss them.

It’s a shame that a game which was building to be an absolute cracker between 1v2 is now going to coincide with us missing (or injury affected) a quarter of our best 22.

We could go into this game missing all of Dixon, Butters, JHF, Mckenzie, DBJ and with Lycett recovering from a knee issue.

Dam shame was really looking forward to the match but think it will somewhat be a walk in the park for the Pies if we do miss them.
Wont a few of them come back? Nah it’ll be close

Not a bad game for me to experience AO for the very first time.

Can’t wait to get a feel of that atmosphere.

Hope the Pies come to play and deliver for their B&W army in a big test.

The guys that were rested will come back don't worry. I've seen players return from severe knee injuries (Stevie J) to get up for Collingwood.

Wont a few of them come back? Nah it’ll be close
The guys that were rested will come back don't worry. I've seen players return from severe knee injuries (Stevie J) to get up for Collingwood.

DBJ will be out with concussion and can’t see Mckenzie getting up after being predicted to be 3-4 weeks for a bad sprain unless he’s rushed.

Butters, Dixon and JHF I would guess are all completely 50/50 however if they play, doubt they are above 75%. Jase has been struggling for the last month so guess it totally depends how his back has responded but we certainly missed his inside work last week.

Dixon has been on one leg most of the year and could hardly move before the week off so I wouldn’t expect him to be back anywhere near full fitness either unfortunately but that’s just the new normal for him. Still key for our structure he plays but if he does, don’t think he will be offering much else.

Rioli will come back in which is a bonus after missing for personal reasons. Hopefully Lycett can get some form building again as well after a couple weeks across the bye and post bye dealing with his knee. Looked like a lumbering dinosaur last week on his return.

But if our Full back, full forward and 2 key midfielders are missing or under done, can’t see us matching the pies.

If they are under 100%, would prefer we just give them the week off anyway and focus on the remaining 5 weeks. Still have 2 games in the bank on third place so get everyone right again for the business end.

Feels like one of those games where the winner gets ordained as flag favourite but then we look back after the finals and realise we read way too much into the result of one home and away game.

Port to win this, but Collingwood to do it later in the year when it really matters.

Nothing against either team though (two great sides). Hope it’s a ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like one of those games where the winner gets ordained as flag favourite but then we look back after the finals and realise we read way too much into the result of one home and away game.

Port to win this, but Collingwood to do it later in the year when it really matters.

Nothing against either team though (two great sides). Hope it’s a ripper.

Sun 26-Aug-2007, Rnd 21.
Port Adelaide defeated Geelong at Kardina Park by 5 points with the last kick in the game.
Then 1 month later occurred.

Collingwood to win by 24 points

and Nick Daicos to Flex and pick up the 3 Brownlow Votes.

If round 2 still burns in my soul I could imagine how the boys feel. They'll want to make amends, it's absolutely crucial that we win this game for our psyche going into September.

Feel like Collingwood will s**t the bed at AO

if we have players back we win

should be a good game either way

Back