Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Port v Tigers Sun Aug 27th 12:30pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port-Adelaide-vs-Richmond.png

3rd v 12th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 24
PORT ADELAIDE V RICHMOND
FRIDAY AUGUST 25TH 12:30PM EST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets
POWER

B: L. Jones, A. Aliir, D. Houston
HB: K. Farrell, T. Jonas - C, R. Burton
C: Z. Butters, W. Drew, X. Duursma
HF: W. Rioli, T. Marshall, J. McEntee
F: D. Byrne-Jones, J. Finlayson, S. Powell-Pepper
FOLL: S. Hayes, O. Wines, C. Rozee

I/C (FROM): T. Boak, D. Visentini, J. Horne-Francis, D. Williams, B. Teakle, M. Bergman, F. Evans, O. Lord

IN: D. Visentini, B. Teakle, F. Evans
OUT: None

TIGERS

B: N. Vlastuin, D. Grimes, T. Young
HB: J. Short, N. Broad, D. Rioli
C: S. Banks, T. Taranto, J. Ross
HF: S. Bolton, L. Baker, M. Pickett
F: N. Balta, D. Martin, J. Bauer
FOLL: T. Nankervis - C, T. Dow, J. Hopper

I/C (FROM): J. Graham, K. McIntosh, I. Soldo, B. Miller, J. Trezise, T. Brown, R. Mansell, M. Rioli

IN: S. Banks, J. Bauer, B. Miller, J. Trezise, T. Brown, R. Mansell
OUT: D. Prestia (Managed), J. Riewoldt (Retired), T. Cotchin (Retired)

Final Teams released (Melb Time):
Sunday Match - Friday 5:00pm
Monday Match - Saturday 5:00pm
(NB: Sunday and Monday match Extended Squads are released Thursday 6:20)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting selections coming up as the Collingwood & Brisbane plays before us. If second spot is ruled out then I can foresee a tonne of outs for this match to rest for the finals. We also probably also want avoid Brisbane in week 1 at the Gabba.
Why would you rest players just before a bye? Doesn’t make sense.
Especially if you win your first final you’ll have players who have played 1 game in a month, not a great prep for a prelim.
I think you’ll play your best team possible and only rest players who are not fit.
Big loss coming up for my boys unfortunately.

Port by at least 10 goals

Our boys will be checked out while Port's season is just beginning

Interesting selections coming up as the Collingwood & Brisbane plays before us. If second spot is ruled out then I can foresee a tonne of outs for this match to rest for the finals. We also probably also want avoid Brisbane in week 1 at the Gabba.
We also have a wildcard playoff in the VFL at the same time so given this is a dead rubber for us I expect we'll load up our VFL side with an aim of making finals. Well I'm hoping anyway....

Expecting Port Adelaide to win comfortably hope it's not an embarassing smashing.

Will be interesting to see possibly our youngest side in years, some of the senior players imo have checked out & booked holidays already.

We'll get destroyed, probably a really flat performance as mentally we finished last week with the Cotch and Jack retirement game.

Expect to see a few kids come in which will make it even harder, probably a debut or two on the cards.

I reckon positionally they will try a few new things too.

Sad its our last game of the year 😞 it just came to mind while typing this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers want to win VFL, and who cares in the AFL. Play some kids (I hope) and start on 2024.

Port should nail us. They might try to rest some players. But get a rest anyway, so probably don't want too much time off. BTW I hate this week off before finals. Crap idea.

I don’t really know who will go in less motivated, but I can guarantee that the combined pressure rating will be a season low.

Hope we go in with a bunch of kids, and the VFL at full strength (maybe contradiction) and just give it a free swing.

I don't care if we win or lose. But exposing some guys to the AFL game would be worth it I reckon. Of course playing VFL finals would be as good - so selection might be 'interesting'. Which basket do you put your eggs in?

Hope we go in with a bunch of kids, and the VFL at full strength (maybe contradiction) and just give it a free swing.

I don't care if we win or lose. But exposing some guys to the AFL game would be worth it I reckon. Of course playing VFL finals would be as good - so selection might be 'interesting'. Which basket do you put your eggs in?
Is there any restriction who the can put in the VFL Wild Card and Finals?

Having played least so many games in the VFL?

Or can a club just put in the whole senior team if they want. If so then it seems a bit unfair.

Is there any restriction who the can put in the VFL Wild Card and Finals?

Having played least so many games in the VFL?

Or can a club just put in the whole senior team if they want. If so then it seems a bit unfair.
I think there are restrictions for the VFL.

It'll be interesting to see how they balance the AFL and VFL. I want some kids to get their first taste of the AFL. But they might also be crucial to winning and playing deeper into the VFL finals

Back