Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Swans v Demons Sun Aug 26th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We may not end up being the best team in the competition this year but we are certainly the toughest, something I never thought I'd see. You can never count us out, this team just keeps coming.
Yep…hard as nails. By the by, have a look at the age demographics. 😉

Understandably Franklin had a lap of honour in Sydney yesterday to celebrate the end of his career, but it came across as a finale. Is he planning to attend a Grand Final event, or is that not on the cards?

Understandably Franklin had a lap of honour in Sydney yesterday to celebrate the end of his career, but it came across as a finale. Is he planning to attend a Grand Final event, or is that not on the cards?
I've heard mixed reports in the media about it but nothing from Franklin himself. Wouldn't surprise me if that was it.

Did someone fart? I could swear I heard the gushing of hot air from an a-hole, or a mindless gutless sniper… 🤷🏻

Last edited:
The fact Sydney whimpered to this loss in such a weak way doesn’t bode well for their finals campaign at all. Inexplicable really.

I heard no one whimpering…except a few Dockers supporters at the s**t end of the ladder.

Turn the light out when you leave. 😉

Half of those players you are counting were not on the field.

D minus…must do better.

If you’re going to grade my research at least make some sort of effort yourself, save yourself the embarrassment.

Ages of the teams that took the field:
Melbourne average age: 25y 322d
Sydney average age: 25y 303d

So yeah with an age difference of 19 days, you’re going to need another excuse as to why the bloods were outmuscled by a much harder Dees outfit.

Source: AFL Tables - Sydney v Melbourne - Sun, 27-Aug-2023 3:20 PM - Match Stats

If you’re going to grade my research at least make some sort of effort yourself, save yourself the embarrassment.

So yeah with an age difference of 19 days, you’re going to need another excuse as to why the bloods were outmuscled by a much harder Dees outfit.

Source: AFL Tables - Sydney v Melbourne - Sun, 27-Aug-2023 3:20 PM - Match Stats
Those 19 days were the days the Swans coaches took goal-kicking, obviously….

But to be serious, yeah, ok, you got me - never new the stats went that deep -

However - I’ll get back to you on midfield /onball ages….which was actually my point.

Anyhow - before we start keeping ‘embarrassment scores‘ -

Here is my point. But for Hickey and Parker driving the average up - our midfield is a bunch of kids compared to your veterans.

In particular, Gulden, Warner and Rowbottom have significant growing and hardening up to do.

So congratulations…your team is as hard as nails against 22 year old kids. 😉

Gawn - 32

Viney - 29

Hunter - 29

Petracca - 27

Brayshaw - 27

Langdon - 27

Oliver - 26

Hickey - 32

Parker - 31

Heeney -27

Mills - 26

Rowbottom - 23

Warner - 22

Gulden - 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyhow - before we start keeping ‘embarrassment scores‘ -

Here is my point. But for Hickey and Parker driving the average up - our midfield is a bunch of kids compared to your veterans.

In particular, Gulden, Warner and Rowbottom have significant growing and hardening up to do.

So congratulations…your team is as hard as nails against 22 year old kids. 😉

Gawn - 32

Viney - 29

Hunter - 29

Petracca - 27

Brayshaw - 27

Langdon - 27

Oliver - 26

Hickey - 32

Parker - 31

Heeney -27

Mills - 26

Rowbottom - 23

Warner - 22

Gulden - 21

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence, is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related and similar cases or data that may contradict that position.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence, is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while ignoring a significant portion of related and similar cases or data that may contradict that position.

No, I intended to discuss midfields - my first post was ‘nebulous’.

If you agree your midfield should be able to out-muscle the Swans midfield…there’s no argument, is there?

Just not anything to beat your chest over. 😉

Back