Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - Lions v Saints Sat Aug 26th 4:35pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope the Lions are tight in the finals...I guess maybe they were tired, but if it gets close can't repeat a Melbourne like capitulation. Need to play as they did against Adelaide late.

It looks like (and from what Fagan has said) the team has taken lessons from that capitulation against Melbourne. I suspect there will be a few tests of that in the finals.

Some of our best stretches of play this year have come against Melbourne and Collingwood, and overall we're 3-1 against them and the aforementioned loss was only by a point.

Brisbane aren’t second best. Very flattering season tbh.
Possible two Gabba wins and into the GF. But gee, if they run into Collingwood..

To be fair, we've had Collingwood's measure this season (wins by 33 and 24 points), and have won the last 6 against them. Obviously the MCG holds a whole other challenge of course.

Man you talk s**t. Your team could have easily went down. On that i don't mind if we play you again should we meet.
Boo hoo, you sound like you're about to cry.

Not watched much of the game I'm guessing? More a stats guy?
Watched the whole thing. Even in the last couple minutes you got a free in front of goal where both were holding, then a blatant 50 at the other end wasn’t paid. You’re biased mate

Possible two Gabba wins and into the GF. But gee, if they run into Collingwood..
We'll beat them, again, for the 7th time in a row.

Your point?

Ah yes, the 27-15 scoring shots indicate we were the lucky ones.
Don't mention the 43-27 clearance smashing or the 61 to 38 inside 50's. o_O

Saints were mauled tonight but inaccuracy by the Lions kept them in it. Making up the numbers the Aints.

They probably are second best which just tells how bad this season has been. I mean how are we coming 6th or 7th? Carlton 5th? It’s the Pies and then streets behind Port/Brisbane take your pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free kicks 21 to 13 in Brisbane's favour, their supporters can't complain about the umpiring, they got the home ground armchair ride.

They favoured Brisbane in the first half, gave us fair go in the 3rd quarter for a while and we got back in front and then went back to favouring Brisbane.

Boo hoo, you sound like you're about to cry.

Read my posts in this thread, my interest in this game which i have said was at the line bet..

1693041767807.png

Every goose had a Brisbane flogging yet you fell in and could of easily lost this game.

I am looking forward to finals.

Interesting too that you ONLY piped up once you had the win locked in at the end. Goose.

They probably are second best which just tells how bad this season has been. I mean how are we coming 6th or 7th? Carlton 5th? It’s the Pies and then streets behind Port/Brisbane take your pick
Blues are a good side, definitely good enough for a 5th placed team in my mind. Don't sell your mob short either. 7-8 definitely making up the numbers though.

Pies/Lions/Port/Melb, none of them are powerhouses though. Just good enough in the year to have a crack. Whoever wins it will be the weakest premier since 2016.

Free kicks 21 to 13 in Brisbane's favour, their supporters can't complain about the umpiring, they got the home ground armchair ride.

They favoured Brisbane in the first half, gave us fair go in the 3rd quarter for a while and we got back in front and then went back to favouring Brisbane.

Is neglecting to mention the 50m penalty count intentional or doesn't favour your narrative?

Not convinced Pies are that far in front everyone else on recent exposed form. I do agree that it feels like this season feels weaker than previous seasons with no dominate team.

Read my posts in this thread, my interest in this game which i have said was at the line bet..

View attachment 1786361

Every goose had a Brisbane flogging yet you fell in and could of easily lost this game.

I am looking forward to finals.

Interesting too that you ONLY piped up once you had the win locked in at the end. Goose.
You sure like geese.

I'm glad you're looking forward to finals, not sure why as your lot haven't won a flag in how many years but good luck in your quest for glory this year.

Back