Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - North v Suns Sat Aug 26th 1:45pm EST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad North won. It would be a travesty if WCE doesn't end up with the spoon, given how historically awful they've been.
Yeah, that's the thing. If we'd actually finished below them this year it just would've been a statistical anomaly, a result of dropping multiple games that we were 50/50 to win. Percentage tells the real story, West Coast were worse than us this year, and they deserve pick 1 more. That's how it's meant to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you propose that we purposely lost the game?
Yes. Should have managed a handful of players and just copped the lost.

Even if you don't want Reid, you could have got a handful of top 15 picks for him which give you 4 picks in the top 15.... and if you get an early round two compo pick, that's 6 in the top 25. That sets you up for the next 15 years.

Teams like Geelong and Richmond are playing their kids in round because it is a dead rubber. There is no real loss even if they do win, but we did it anyway.

But if North does it, a team that will actually benefit greatly from the loss, they will somehow lose culture....?

Yes. Should have managed a handful of players and just copped the lost.

Even if you don't want Reid, you could have got a handful of top 15 picks for him which give you 4 picks in the top 15.... and if you get an early round two compo pick, that's 6 in the top 25. That sets you up for the next 15 years.
I thought we would lose tbh and would of been ok with it with the reward on offer.

However as a supporter it's out of my control so I just choose to enjoy the win and at least we aren't going into 2024 on a 21 game losing streak.

I thought we would lose tbh and would of been ok with it with the reward on offer.

However as a supporter it's out of my control so I just choose to enjoy the win and at least we aren't going into 2024 on a 21 game losing streak.
Of course enjoy the win, was a great one.

Glad North won. It would be a travesty if WCE doesn't end up with the spoon, given how historically awful they've been.
This!

Congrats to North, I've accused them of letting games slip that they probably should have won but showed fight today, players really happy of course.

Could be that WC just take Curtin who looks a great talent leaving Harley for North. Be good if it goes that way taking local talent.

Back