Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 24 - North v Suns Sat Aug 26th 1:45pm EST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams like Geelong and Richmond are playing their kids in round because it is a dead rubber. There is no real loss even if they do win, but we did it anyway.

But if North does it, a team that will actually benefit greatly from the loss, they will somehow lose culture....?
Geelong and Richmond weren't in a 20 game losing streak with multiple players who've never won a game, one of which had played over 20 coming in. They weren't doubting their ability to win at all and losing faith in the club.

Geelong and Richmond weren't in a 20 game losing streak with multiple players who've never won a game, one of which had played over 20 coming in. They weren't doubting their ability to win at all and losing faith in the club.
Agree with you Liam. Didn’t know how I felt about this going into this game, but seeing the smiles on everyone’s faces and the club going into the off season on the back of a win is awesome. Culture and confidence is so important.

Harley Reid says hi
Couldn’t even equal your best ever season by winning 10 - that’s right, 10 - games. Heartless spineless manufactured joke of a club. I’d say console yourself with your fans but you don’t have any cos the Gold Coast is home only to right wing retirees and their failed real estate developer children.

It has been that long that I have nearly forgotten the words to the damn song.

Really happy that the kids won it for us, outside an older brilliant Larkey. Phillips and Powell won it for us against a good inside midfield.

Goater and Thomas class on the outside, Curtis leading from deep 50 and Lazzaro having a breakout game, geez it is good to win.

Great win for the Roos, kudos to them to finish what has been a difficult year on a happy note.
Never underestimate the value of a win/positivity on a young group.
The last thing the club needed was for the media to be rabbiting on all preseason and in the lead up to round1 next year about a current losing streak and all the drivel. The win ends that, put the losses behind you and start afresh in the preseason.

Whatever will be will be with the draft picks - can't control what West Coast does. Spoon or not, always great to finish the season with a win.

Harley Reid is a flight risk
If he goes over only a matter of time before he returns to Victoria.
Who cares, we will still get overs for him in 2 years. Better to take him and try and make it work as plan A imo. Once he sees the sponsorship/marketing opportunities rolling through the door from Day 1 and 60k crowds every week, it will be hard to want to leave. The only top tier talent we lost in his prime due to go home factor was Judd and we were fairly compensated for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it just shows that clubs don’t want the wooden spoon though some fans are starting to think different.

But historically 3 wooden spoons in a row would not look good and will be talked about in the future.

I’m sure there are very good players for pick nr 2 as well…

Harley Reid is a flight risk
If he goes over only a matter of time before he returns to Victoria.
Of course he is. Most Victorian kids are.
Some even come out and say they won’t leave. But I think that’s ok to do that, isn’t it?

North and their fans were always going to be trolled no matter the result of this game.

Instead of congratulating their supporters on breaking their 20 game losing streak, nitwits are giving them stick for (probably) missing out on Harley Reid, whereas they would have been accused of tanking if they lost.

They just can't win.

Who cares, we will still get overs for him in 2 years. Better to take him and try and make it work as plan A imo. Once he sees the sponsorship/marketing opportunities rolling through the door from Day 1 and 60k crowds every week, it will be hard to want to leave. The only top tier talent we lost in his prime due to go home factor was Judd and we were fairly compensated for it.
It'll be like JHF was for us. Obviously you prefer to keep him but taking him was still the right option when you consider we essentially got George Wardlaw + a pick that will most likely fall somewhere from 13-16 at the end of the year

It'll be like JHF was for us. Obviously you prefer to keep him but taking him was still the right option when you consider we essentially got George Wardlaw + a pick that will most likely fall somewhere from 13-16 at the end of the year
Exactly mate. Take the best available and then trade it for the going market rate if that time comes.

North and their fans were always going to be trolled no matter the result of this game.

Instead of congratulating their supporters on breaking their 20 game losing streak, nitwits are giving them stick for (probably) missing out on Harley Reid, whereas they would have been accused of tanking if they lost.

They just can't win.
They can. They can win the game (which they did) AND get pick 1 when WC win (which they are at the moment).

Couldn’t even equal your best ever season by winning 10 - that’s right, 10 - games. Heartless spineless manufactured joke of a club. I’d say console yourself with your fans but you don’t have any cos the Gold Coast is home only to right wing retirees and their failed real estate developer children.
You’re right, Gold Coast has * all fans, I think only about, what, 100 more than Norf do.

I think it's great that North Melbourne finished the season off with a win, but at what cost ?

Kind of like a catch 22 situation, lose and get ridiculed for having x losses in a row and having the nerve to ask for a priority pick IN addition to the #1 selection. Win and likely miss out on pick #1 (and maybe not get the priority pick that you're after as well).

I want North Melbourne to succeed, I still love Clarko (even though the Hawthorn/Clarko relationship did have to end in divorce) and still think he can be the coach that gets the most out of the players.

Back