Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Cats v Hawks Mon April 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah 3 posters, a couple where we overpossessed the ball a bit etc. Stengle got caught a couple of times.

My opinion doesn’t really change from this game:

I don’t think we’ll be contending to win the comp, think we will probably be mid-table, but have the game to smash a good side periodically.

Remember too - albeit aided by some incredible accuracy - Ollie Henry was running into an open goal to put us 27 points up nearing 3qt against the Pies in round one. It’s not like we haven’t played SOME decent footy this year, but our bad footy has been SO bad that it’s laughable. The first quarter today was a good example
Early days. Cats clicked after half time. Could be the start of something or it might be as you say.

I'd imagine they should beat the Eagles next week and that sets up a pretty interesting GF rematch the round after.

Why not?
Sam Mitchell saw the Harley Reid video on YouTube and dumped a bunch of senior players to make sure he got him.

Looks like tanking, and I've seen plenty of tanking before, my word.

Hawthorn are doing a tank, clear as day.

Haha righto

So many of you out there are genuinely furious that Hawthorn might get Reid. Nobody is cracking the sads that the Weagles or North might get him.

Its sweet really.

\
David King talking s**t about Jiath’s game and whether he’d be playing if there was selection integrity. Are you kidding me? He’s one of the only ones I saw giving effort for almost a full 4 quarters.

Does Kingy have a previous issue with Jiath or something?

King is a clown. He gets an idea in his head and runs with it, whether it is true or not.

Early days. Cats clicked after half time. Could be the start of something or it might be as you say.

I'd imagine they should beat the Eagles next week and that sets up a pretty interesting GF rematch the round after.

That’s the test. 3-3 with 1 win against a moderately credible opponent would at least give us a base to start from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on your ruckman’s technique Hawks fans?

And no I don’t think he’s dirty or doing it deliberately etc
Thoughts on all Geelong players running head on into contests without bothering to contest?
The issue was blicavs not making a play for the ball and instead planting himself in meets running lane - it's a block that gets called against everyone else

Jeremy Cameron is the best player in the league. Not even close. He is a stratosphere ahead of the next best
Yep. How he didn't win the MVP last year is still a mystery..

Yeah 3 posters, a couple where we overpossessed the ball a bit etc. Stengle got caught a couple of times.

My opinion doesn’t really change from this game:

I don’t think we’ll be contending to win the comp, think we will probably be mid-table, but have the game to smash a good side periodically.

Remember too - albeit aided by some incredible accuracy - Ollie Henry was running into an open goal to put us 27 points up nearing 3qt against the Pies in round one. It’s not like we haven’t played SOME decent footy this year, but our bad footy has been SO bad that it’s laughable. The first quarter today was a good example
Think again.

If Ratugolea wasn't playing this might already be a 5 goal lead for Hawthorn.

Unfairly scrutinized is Ratugolea.
He is beginning to show signs he may make the grade after all. Not sure you can teach a player the simple nuances of the game such as predicting the bounce of the ball, leaving your opponent to impact the play but he will progress better with De Koning & Henry back in the line up.

Unfairly scrutinized is Ratugolea.
He is beginning to show signs he may make the grade after all. Not sure you can teach a player the simple nuances of the game such as predicting the bounce of the ball, leaving your opponent to impact the play but he will progress better with De Koning & Henry back in the line up.
Disagree. No football nous. And kicks 50 up in the air and 40 to a contest.

Back