Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Cats v Hawks Mon April 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentators are insufferable. The rest of the competition is meant to be scared that last place is finally winning a game?

Scared is probably an exaggeration but our second half irrespective of who it was against, couldn’t have been better. You are limited when you play a poor opponent in what you can achieve - we can’t have done any more in the third and fourth to at least show we’ve still got some good footy left

The overwhelming sentiment from this game will be that it was against a likely spoon team - and that is entirely fair enough.

But I liked the way we did it, at least. Hawkins looked a million per cent better - couple of goals, could have easily had a few more, have a couple off and threw his considerable bulk around.
Atkins and Close played more like they did last year, Holmes ran his arse off, Stewart was good. Duncan made a big difference.

Guthrie is really battling. He couldn’t his a barn door by foot at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scared is probably an exaggeration but our second half irrespective of who it was against, couldn’t have been better. You are limited when you play a poor opponent in what you can achieve - we can’t have done any more in the third and fourth to at least show we’ve still got some good footy left
What's crazy is the Cats kicked 14.10 in the second half. Probably left a few goals on the table but you're right, can't do more than what they did.

Oh dear.
Popped out for lunch at half time.
Should have stayed there.

What's crazy is the Cats kicked 14.10 in the second half. Probably left a few goals on the table but you're right, can't do more than what they did.

Yeah 3 posters, a couple where we overpossessed the ball a bit etc. Stengle got caught a couple of times.

My opinion doesn’t really change from this game:

I don’t think we’ll be contending to win the comp, think we will probably be mid-table, but have the game to smash a good side periodically.

Remember too - albeit aided by some incredible accuracy - Ollie Henry was running into an open goal to put us 27 points up nearing 3qt against the Pies in round one. It’s not like we haven’t played SOME decent footy this year, but our bad footy has been SO bad that it’s laughable. The first quarter today was a good example

I wouldn't be surprised if Cameron gets into strife for bumping into the umpire.

It wasn't in the play, he ran on 20m after kicking the goal and then collected him.

Stranger things have happened.
Yeah, stranger things have happened, I heard that you once
said something sensible, but I have my doubts.

Back