Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 5 Gather Round - Port v Dogs Sat April 15th 7:50pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He had Port 1 win away from a GF 18 months ago.

He can't be that bad.
Just like we were 1 win away from a GF in 2014 then stunk it up in 2015 and 2016

Finishing 5th in 2017, losing an elimination final at home then stinking it up 2018 and 2019.

See the trend that follows? The cycle continues with 2020 and 2021 then the stinker that was 2022.

Longest serving coach to never have made a GF. His time was done after 2017 and the stench has hung around too long. My opinion

he's won 10 showdowns? lol ok
He isnt. Thats fos mate

Showdowns are hard to win and important for South Australians. One rung below a grand final win.

Showdowns are hard to win and important for South Australians. One rung below a grand final win.
Rung down from any finals win. Not just a gf. Even better if you can knock port off in a final, like we did many moons ago.

We've always been ahead in showdowns no matter who's been coach...
Even primus won a few
personally i couldnt give a s**t
its about premierships

If Ken won enough Showdowns could it kind of equal a grand final win? Like 20 Showdown wins for instance.

Bruh I’d take one prelim win if it meant we lost the next 10 showdowns lmao

Ah, each to their own. When I went to a Port v Brisbane game at AO the Port supporters around me were saying Showdowns are all that matters so I assumed it was a big deal. Like playing two grand finals each year.

Ah, each to their own. When I went to a Port v Brisbane game at AO the Port supporters around me were saying Showdowns are all that matters so I assumed it was a big deal. Like playing two grand finals each year.
They were muppets. Showdowns are great sure, but no one in their right mind would prefer a showdown over a gf or finals win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanna trade?
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Bont had 12 clearances early in the fourth quarter, he was dominating around the ball.
He came off the bench with about seven minutes left in the game and his team was about 10 points behind.

He spent a huge amount of that seven minutes in the forward line, not competing in the centre bounces. A insane call from a coach to leave the dominant midfielder of the game in the forward line when they were desperate for a clearance.
Bev must be taking the piss with how bad some of his decisions are.

Bont had 12 clearances early in the fourth quarter, he was dominating around the ball.
He came off the bench with about seven minutes left in the game and his team was about 10 points behind.

He spent a huge amount of that seven minutes in the forward line, not competing in the centre bounces. A insane call from a coach to leave the dominant midfielder of the game in the forward line when they were desperate for a clearance.
Bev must be taking the piss with how bad some of his decisions are.

It would be a workload issue, especially in those conditions. Dogs would love to have Bont in there 100% of the time because he wins them games off his own boot but you can't continually pull that lever.

SA teams are so hard to beat here and only 2 teams had genuine away games this round against the Crows and Power.
Port is less than 50/50 under lights at Adelaide Oval. Its genuinely not hard to win at all.
Is is is that Trent McKenzie? Wtf genuinely thought he was delisted 5yrs ago. Beautiful kick.
Yes. And to be fair, you are correct, Port signed him as a delisted free agent.
how can they fill both games when Port members own most of those seats? lol idiot
No members owned seats for this round. You had to log in and book a ticket. And Port, Bulldogs, Melbourne and Essendon members all had the same priority.
They were reporting earlier that the large majority of the tickets were snapped up by Port members and that was the reason why the crowd was average for the first game.
Tickets were snapped up by fans off all 4 teams. The first game was always going to have empty seats for people who were just attending the late game. And the rain front coming in from the cyclone was always going to result in people not sitting around to watch two games.
Nah they are mates & he works at the club.

It was odd for Ken to clip him in a presser it's usually very fluffy between them.

Ken's doing a few out of character things at the moment, the final year of his contract is probably reanimating his corpse a bit.
It was odd for Rucci to ask Ken a bit of a prickly question, "Where was this effort in the Showdown?"

Back