Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 8 - Suns v Demons Sat May 6th 4:35pm AEST (Heritage Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

• Suns by 7 - 20

• Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I only listened on the radio so haven’t seen for myself.

Tom Rockliff was melting saying umpires were disgraceful.

Calling for petty fine/suspension for staging.

What did you make of that incident?
I have absolutely no idea what incident you are talking about.

Brisbane supporters expressing outrage at the officiating but really dismayed at the ladder implications. Cmon you know its true !

We beat the dees in finals last year and convincingly earlier in the year. You shouldn’t be worrying about Brisbane supporters, your team just won a great contest!

The one where Gawn was awarded a free kick in the goal square after petty went down 100m off the play.
Don't think there was much vision of that on the broadcast sorry.

That said, if you hit someone off the ball and the person you hit puts a little mayo on it and gets a free, that's kind of on you.

Don't think there was much vision of that on the broadcast sorry.

That said, if you hit someone off the ball and the person you hit puts a little mayo on it and gets a free, that's kind of on you.
Depends how much mayo you put on it.

Radio commentators were calling for petty to be suspended (don’t think you can) or fined for staging.

I’d probably just call that dishonest cheating.

Apt description of Gold Coast Suns here.
A plastic franchise that exists solely for television revenue dollars. Priority pick after priority pick, barely holding onto the middle of the ladder. Never played finals, and probably never will with Big Fat Fatman Dew at the wheel.
"Downtrodden" indeed!

Dunno why you are so upset, you should be feeling great, your boys played well today!
wow short memories. you guys were a basket case destroying young players careers for years until the afl decided enough was enough and got involved.

Noah Anderson is becoming an absolute monster. Destroyed Oliver and a few other Demons players in 1 on 1s around the ground.

Well you’ve claimed Melbourne got 0 goals from free kicks (or someone did) than acknowledged they got 1, they got at least 1 more
I don't consider a 50 metre penalty a goal from a free.

It's a 50 that can occur anywhere on the ground.

It's different to a free kick being plucked in front of goal.

If you disagree, bully for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie steals the ball from Chol and kicks a goal in what is clearly a mark (given the umpires paid for less down field). Gawn gets a free kick right in front that no one knows what the * it’s for. Another goal. Swallow not holding the ball, no free kick. Chol should have had another, no free kick. Do you think that all the other teams are just hanging s**t on you on this, or do you think that there
might actually be something in it given the common theme that anyone who isn’t a demons supporter seems to agree?
You don't think Long getting smashed in the face front on so Pickett can score his usual nasty freebie wasn't a howler?

wow short memories. you guys were a basket case destroying young players careers for years until the afl decided enough was enough and got involved.

This. The volume of player and coach careers Melbourne destroyed over a lengthy period would need an accountant to work out. At least the suns have an excuse being away from home for most draftees and having started from nothing. The demons are the oldest club in the world and still managed to fritter away handout after handout until it became virtually impossible for them to fail simply through the volume of elite players they picked up

This. The volume of player and coach careers Melbourne destroyed over a lengthy period would need an accountant to work out. At least the suns have an excuse being away from home for most draftees and having started from nothing. The demons are the oldest club in the world and still managed to fritter away handout after handout until it became virtually impossible for them to fail simply through the volume of elite players they picked up
Past failures don't ensure future success. Your premise is idiotic. Clubs can keep failing in perpetuity.

They stopped failing due to the right people being employed and the right decisions being made. Roos/Jackson are long gone. The helping hand back in 2013 is a remnant of history and has no bearing on 2023. Unless you're a simpleton.

And why are you trying to give a history lesson on a game day thread ?

You sound like a precious flog who was desperate for the Suns to win.

Bad luck face****.

Past failures don't ensure future success. Your premise is idiotic. Clubs can keep failing in perpetuity.

They stopped failing due to the right people being employed and the right decisions being made. Roos/Jackson are long gone. The helping hand back in 2013 is a remnant of history and has no bearing on 2023. Unless you're a simpleton.

And why are you trying to give a history lesson on a game day thread ?

You sound like a precious flog who was desperate for the Suns to win.

Bad luck face****.

I’m not talking about the helping hand of 2013. I’m talking about year after year of good draft picks and just wasting them until percentages dictated it couldn’t happen any more.

Melbourne deserved their flag and I for one was and still am actually happy for them that they got their act together but f*** me the notion of a Demons fan giving it to the Suns about being gifted handouts and making nothing of it and being a plastic franchise is just ridiculous. Melbourne have the oldest history in the game. That ALONE should be enough for them to be making themselves a destination club, like Souths have done in the NRL.

That it took that long for it to happen though is not something to allow you to put s**t on other clubs. The amount of top 10 picks that DID play in that flag only further serves to highlight how bad some of the selections had been before that - Watts, Scully, Toumpas, Hogan, Trengove, Howe etc (I know they aren’t all top ten picks). Yes some of those guys were serviceable but f*** they didn’t give much bang for buck did they.

When's the last time a team won the game but didn't register a brownlow vote? Is that rare?

1. Rosas
2. Rowell
3. Anderson for me

This post would have to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, the mental gymnastics to end up with this conclusion is mind boggling.

This post would have to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, the mental gymnastics to end up with this conclusion is mind boggling.

How, exactly?

Undeniable: Melbourne ****ed up draft pick after draft pick for 6-7 years, with nothing. NOTHING, pulling players away from them.

And they spent an inordinate amount of time getting pummelled.

The Suns had a lot handed to them as well.

But they have no history to draw on, no existing club structure to draw on, no lure to bring anyone to their club, and the constant stream of players who they DO nail with their picks - one of them is your own f***ing premiership fullback - wanting to go home.

How in f**k would ANYONE need to use mental gymnastics to point out how ludicrous it is for a Demons fan to criticise the Suns for screwing up their own fortune.

Free against swallow or Chol. Any opinion
Swallow is valid, I thought it was a free kick. Chol was not a free kick, you’re allowed to body an opponent and contest the ball. Gawn had eyes on the ball and Chol was soft as butter. Ball ended up in Macphersons hands closer to goal anyway. Can only blame themselves.

Thoughts on the Ben King free kick at 3QT? Or Rowell flopping in the first quarter leading to a Chol goal? Or the “advantages” Melbourne were awarded for no advantage. Could play this game all day.

“Umpires cost us the game” is really the lowest common denominator kind of stuff that so many nuffies love to go on about.

Back