Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Hawks v Cats Mon April 1st 3:20pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see a part of the ground Hawks have an advantage in. Best I can give them is a nil all draw in the contested work.

So naturally there is a solid chance we get rolled by them
Very diplomatic, no chance we get rolled by them at the mo. Those days are gone, even though I do like a few of their recent draftees.

Won't be surprised if Geelong get a couple of soft holding the ball decisions go their way to start.

The inevitable overcorrection has begun this round, and no team has been more stiffed by non-decisions than the Cats in rounds 1 and 2.

Won't be surprised if Geelong get a couple of soft holding the ball decisions go their way to start.

The inevitable overcorrection has begun this round, and no team has been more stiffed by non-decisions than the Cats in rounds 1 and 2.
Carlton just had 34 frees for in the one game. Geelong(18th) have had 23 total in both their matches, Hawthorn(17th) 31 across both theirs. Umps aren't even bothering to bring their whistles to this one I think!

This “rivalry” has completely evaporated and only existed because Geelong choked in a grand final nearly 20 years ago.

Time for all parties to move on. Everyone else has. Doubt 40k even bother turning up.

Hawks by 17.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair losing a Prelim final is seen as a disappointing season for Geelong and Hawthorn over the best part of the past two decades. For Carlton losing a Prelim is cause to shutdown Lygon St. as they pretend they've actually won something of note and not been the biggest laughing stock of the league over the same period of time. The pent up embarrassment would be unreal.
It's Richmond esque, but at least the Tuggers had the decency to wait until they won the flag before the carry on began.

I'm 23, I've literally never once worried about playing Carlton in a season in my lifetime

It's going to take a lot more than a prelim final appearance (In a year where they nearly blew up the entire club) to change that.

You're right, for most of this century Hawks & Cats supporters wanted the joint burnt down after losing a preliminary final.

It might make us seem a little entitled, but it puts in perspective how far the once mighty Blues have fallen.

Celebrating winning a semi ******* final. Spare me. That's considered a down year in Geelong.

They beat us in 2022 in our Premiership year. Theres always a chance for an upset.
Never go in with any certainty with these games.

Both clubs rise to the occasion wherever they are on the ladder, and even in the more dull contests over the years, have at least kept it interesting until halftime.

Never go in with any certainty with these games.

Both clubs rise to the occasion wherever they are on the ladder, and even in the more dull contests over the years, have at least kept it interesting until halftime.
Exactly, don’t think other club fan bases get it.
Hawks always get up for games against us, it’s like they are “seeing Hoops” which for them is “seeing red”

Either for a quarter, a half or a full game.
They always seem to play above their level.

Exactly, don’t think other club fan bases get it.
Hawks always get up for games against us, it’s like they are “seeing Hoops” which for them is “seeing red”

Either for a quarter, a half or a full game.
They always seem to play above their level.
Probably because the so called 'best rivalry in footy' in Collingwood & Carlton went a good 25 years between games with any stakes, with most of them being entirely uncompetitive.

One side certainly contributed to the death of that more than the other, but let's not name names.

Hawks/Cats is the closest to the Showdown that we've got in modern footy, where it doesn't matter where either team is placed beforehand.

Hopefully we'll both be up and about at the same time in the coming years, as some morons in here have very short memories.

Back