AFL Canberra Div3/Div2

Remove this Banner Ad

Seahawks, sorry I mean Ando, I think you should of chosen Nov's first advice about keeping it between you and those involved. I am not affiliated with any club but I'm sure Southcab and those at Yass would be stoked to see you on here carrying on. Anyway glad to have you back on here.

How bout we talk footy instead of this garbage. Having looked closely at Div 3 results it appears Coota are going about their business very quietly. Looked to have picked up a few handy players and will be hard to knock off. You'd think they'd have 1st wrapped up
I only replied because of the accusations nov put on here earlier then said he didn't want to hear anything. I'm just trying to help out by umpiring and have enjoyed every game so far this year except the Goulburn game. They were beaten fair and square, would you sit back and cop s**t if it was untrue?

Coota boys would love being paired up with the div 2 bye every week wouldn't you? Makes sitting top even more meritorious. Went in dry against us on the weekend, that's for sure.
The same thing happened to Yass last year. I actually think it is perhaps better for this as you have a good hard hitout every week and don't get complacent and in form for finals. The only downfall is if a team throws in too many higher grade players and drop a game ot two that would hurt for ladder positions

I only replied because of the accusations nov put on here earlier then said he didn't want to hear anything. I'm just trying to help out by umpiring and have enjoyed every game so far this year except the Goulburn game. They were beaten fair and square, would you sit back and cop s**t if it was untrue?
I never used your name, also said allegedly. I'm no liar, you know what you said.

The same thing happened to Yass last year. I actually think it is perhaps better for this as you have a good hard hitout every week and don't get complacent and in form for finals. The only downfall is if a team throws in too many higher grade players and drop a game ot two that would hurt for ladder positions
Yeah it's a great challenge leading into finals for Coota. Yass finished last season full of running with some impressive wins in finals. Will be another great finals series in div 3

Really pleasing to be pushing up the ladder this year and looking forward to our first finals series since 2011. Not sure how we would hold up in the Div 2 format in comparison to ANU and ADFA who have really found it tough this season after promotion. We would be a fair way off the mark getting two teams with some juniors travelling to Wagga to play and only helping out when required. It really depends on the crop of players switching football codes in the Coota precinct. I know Goulburn would ultimately like to field two sides as well but it all comes down to commitment from the playing squad
Really pleasing to be pushing up the ladder this year and looking forward to our first finals series since 2011. Not sure how we would hold up in the Div 2 format in comparison to ANU and ADFA who have really found it tough this season after promotion. We would be a fair way off the mark getting two teams with some juniors travelling to Wagga to play and only helping out when required. It really depends on the crop of players switching football codes in the Coota precinct. I know Goulburn would ultimately like to field two sides as well but it all comes down to commitment from the playing squad

In regards to the juniors, they were always trying to get a team together when we lived down there but could never quite get the numbers. No doubt that is still the next big step for the club..instead of providing juniors for other clubs in Wagga or Temora etc.

We are fortunate to have such a passionate leader in Webby on board this year. Our undefeated record at home is pleasing with Yass and South Coast really serving it up to us. We have worked hard to reach top spot but we will be challenged in the coming weeks with sides in and around the top5 nipping at our heels. Starting with South Coast who are 2 ladder points behind 5th spot. With there Div 2 in second spot with the bye this week, I would suspect a few top end players to drop down and cause a few headaches
Yeah it's a great challenge leading into finals for Coota. Yass finished last season full of running with some impressive wins in finals. Will be another great finals series in div 3

I think it's between you blokes and Goulburn .I do believe that Cooma and Yass will play a part in finals but don't think that there up to it this year. Cooma are getting closer and have done a good job building over the last couple of seasons but probably still need a couple of players added to there list .Yass by all accounts will get caught out when league umpires take over . Goulburns defeats this year have had excuse while Cootas only loss came at the hands of Goulburn and were lacking the player stocks that they have now. All in all should be a good final series im giving Coota the nod just. When would the last time be that a Canberra side did not make finals ?

I think it's still top 5 so Ainslie are a good chance at 5th Unless South Coast get in there. I wonder if its ever happened that a canberra based team didn't make finals

I think it's between you blokes and Goulburn .I do believe that Cooma and Yass will play a part in finals but don't think that there up to it this year. Cooma are getting closer and have done a good job building over the last couple of seasons but probably still need a couple of players added to there list .Yass by all accounts will get caught out when league umpires take over . Goulburns defeats this year have had excuse while Cootas only loss came at the hands of Goulburn and were lacking the player stocks that they have now. All in all should be a good final series im giving Coota the nod just. When would the last time be that a Canberra side did not make finals ?

For us? All good. Only have about 27 players so hard when blokes are away or have injuries.. Only lost Brad Armstrong for the year, hopefully get everyone back the next couple of weeks

Eastlake impressive in Div 2 toweling up Ainslie by 10 goals, almost consolidates Eastlake's 4th placed position. The key was the 2nd quarter when Eastlake piled in 8 goals.

In Divy 3, 5th placed Ainslie had to grind it out against Eastlake winning by 4 goals. Inaccuracy cost both teams.

I hear the league sent 3 association umpires to Yass for the game against Tuggeranong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eastlake impressive in Div 2 toweling up Ainslie by 10 goals, almost consolidates Eastlake's 4th placed position. The key was the 2nd quarter when Eastlake piled in 8 goals.

In Divy 3, 5th placed Ainslie had to grind it out against Eastlake winning by 4 goals. Inaccuracy cost both teams.

I hear the league sent 3 association umpires to Yass for the game against Tuggeranong.
Not as sinister as you think. Because I wasn't allowed to umpire because of the tribunal on Tuesday I asked the league to send some umpires because at the time we didn't have anyone else. Turns out they sent two out plus used another club umpire from Yass. Jock Hilgrove and his son did the umpiring. The son was very good

Molonglo Ressies had a come from behind to beat Jets up there. The new ground is looking very torn up with rugby played on it the night before. Bit of a worry whether it will hold up over the finals with 3-4 games a day, just as windy as Amaroo too.

Molonglo Seniors rebounded from their loss to Eastlake last week to register a big win against the Jets Div 2, keeping them scoreless after the first minor break.

Big week for the club this weekend with a triple header at Stirling, and the club celebrating its 20th season.

Molonglo Ressies had a come from behind to beat Jets up there. The new ground is looking very torn up with rugby played on it the night before. Bit of a worry whether it will hold up over the finals with 3-4 games a day, just as windy as Amaroo too.

Molonglo Seniors rebounded from their loss to Eastlake last week to register a big win against the Jets Div 2, keeping them scoreless after the first minor break.

Big week for the club this weekend with a triple header at Stirling, and the club celebrating its 20th season.

Finals are at the new Gungahlin oval this year? I thought they were at "The Nest"?

Please tell me the finals aren't at that ground!

Better hope there is no rain end of August / start of September. 4 games a day both days of the weekend will destroy the new GTC oval, and could make for some underwhelming games.
What's wrong with manuka or ainslie oval ?

2 years in a row now
I'd love to know why we've been kicked off footy park too But If its the same as last year it'll be because the Juniors are there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back