Game Day AFL Finals - Week One - NON PIES Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who we barracking for tonight and who do we think will win?

For me, Swans and alao lean to Swans.

Reckon they had Hawks fir most of the game last week but just ran out of manpower a bit at the end.

Tonight, Swannies stronger, Hawks weaker.

Should be a cracker.

Assuming Cyril and Buddy both out will be a bug test, but Swans have several top players out too.

if Swans mud field can get on top and spread Hawthorn that'll be the key.

Be interesting to watch for sure :)

Neither side,

I put a hundred bucks @ 50/1 on a draw for the game tonight:)

For our sake we want the Swans to win as I'd give us a better chance of knocking them off in a prelim rather than Hawthorn. That's if we make it.

Geelong v Freo is a funny one. I can see Geelong destroying them but if Freo bring their very best defensive work then they could completely shut this one down and get up. There's no love lost between these 2 teams so expect some fireworks and hopefully a ripping game.

As to Sunday, well I'd love to see the tigers get sent packing straight away and we know Micks form us an under dog coach in finals. The Blues in a close one for mine.

The greatest time of the year has arrived.

Cmon Swans. Have no interest seeing the Hawks in any sort of position for a premiership.

Swans beat Hawks + Richmond beats Carlton = Richmond beats Hawthorn

Finals time, woo hoo.

Buddy and Cyril out means the Swans are a chance, but I can't support them, anyone who was in Sydney for the prelim last year should understand why.

Cats vs Freo, everyone's giving Freo a real chance, ARE THEY NUTS? They may put up a fight but no one beats the Cats down there.

Tigers vs Blues could go either way as I reckon both sides have come in with underdone players. No matter who wins they get smashed in week two by tonights loser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would happen if there were a draw?

Just joking/ having fun MG.;)

A draw is not possible, overtime is played to the best of my knowledge still.

Think back to when we drew with WC in WA a number of years back and we won the game in the last 2 x 5 minute 1/2's.

From memory Pendle's kicked the sealer in what was an epic and famous victory for our club.

Assuming Cyril and Buddy both out will be a bug test, but Swans have several top players out too.

if Swans mud field can get on top and spread Hawthorn that'll be the key.

Be interesting to watch for sure :)
You're thinking bugs and mud might be factors in tonight's game huh? :p ;)

Swans in a bruising encounter by a point with both sides to pull up as sore as hell:thumbsu:

Finals time, woo hoo.

Buddy and Cyril out means the Swans are a chance, but I can't support them, anyone who was in Sydney for the prelim last year should understand why.

Cats vs Freo, everyone's giving Freo a real chance, ARE THEY NUTS? They may put up a fight but no one beats the Cats down there.

Tigers vs Blues could go either way as I reckon both sides have come in with underdone players. No matter who wins they get smashed in week two by tonights loser.

Why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back