Club History AFL greats Kevin Sheedy and Terry Daniher named in Krakouer brothers' racism class action

Remove this Banner Ad

His subsequent work with indigenous players suggests he may have been less likely to have made comments. Although anything is possible.
I wonder what recorded evidence they might be able to find?
Why does it have to be recorded?

I can't work out the 1-2, so if you'd care to enlighten me?

As I've been trying to work it out I came across this

Doesn't say who advised them to take their claim to the human rights commission. Could it have been the AFL?
A small number, maybe Tex Walker and Clarko.

How else are you going to prove something happened 40 years ago when the accused person is denying it?
If multiple sources say he said something is that not enough?

"It was the time" isn't a great line though.

Racism is pathetic, full stop.
That's really what you got from what I wrote? That I reckon it's ok?

Racism is pathetic, I totally agree.

It was also extremely common across the whole society. So if this class action is successful, there could be a lot more coming.

I very much support the right for this one to be filed. Class actions (even related to historical events) have a way of getting an industry's full and undivided attention because the risk becomes a hot topic for boards. So hopefully this leads to another wave of improvements & safeguards.

That's really what you got from what I wrote? That I reckon it's ok?

Racism is pathetic, I totally agree.

It was also extremely common across the whole society. So if this class action is successful, there could be a lot more coming.

I very much support the right for this one to be filed. Class actions (even related to historical events) have a way of getting an industry's full and undivided attention because the risk becomes a hot topic for boards. So hopefully this leads to another wave of improvements & safeguards.
No. That's why at no point did I suggest that.

Feel like the AFL is doing a good job trying to combat racism at the moment not just a trend. Doing some really good stuff.

It would be 100% accurate these blokes would have copped it in the 80s when racial education was non existent in the AFL and society in general.

Don’t see the point of raising this now, seems like a cash grab to me.

Im not sure about using class actions against something that happened 40-50 years ago, using current day standards, but at the same time I have never been racially abused, so I dunno.

Feel like the AFL is doing a good job trying to combat racism at the moment not just a trend. Doing some really good stuff.

It would be 100% accurate these blokes would have copped it in the 80s when racial education was non existent in the AFL and society in general.

Don’t see the point of raising this now, seems like a cash grab to me.

Im not sure about using class actions against something that happened 40-50 years ago, using current day standards, but at the same time I have never been racially abused, so I dunno.
Even if it is... so what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really care? Not my cash
Yeah my feelings too.

I mean if it keeps raising attention to an issue that still, somehow in 2024, is bubbling around..... worth the cash? I dunno, it's not mine to spend.

yodellinhank am i racist if i think that the Krakouer brothers are motivated by a payday here?
So if it's presumed that the Krakouer brothers are motivated to say this for a payday, then we could equally presume that Sheedy is motivated to deny to save money.

If it's only good for one but not good enough for the other, then the suspicion is not evenly distributed, given there is not yet evidence as the basis. Then there's an argument that that is racist because the suspicion is unfounded. In other words, in the case of one's word against another, siding against the Aboriginal claimant for no other reason than suspected 'money grubbing', could be viewed as racist.

Why could the question not be, "I wonder if Sheedy is lying? What does he have to lose?"

Also, if they were simply looking for a payday, why would they arbitrarily target the guy who has (since the alleged time) done so much to support the Aboriginal community? They could have targeted anyone if they were lying and looking for a payday. It wouldn't make sense. Ironically, Sheedy's work since also means it doesn't make sense.

So if it's presumed that the Krakouer brothers are motivated to say this for a payday, then we could equally presume that Sheedy is motivated to deny to save money.

If it's only good for one but not good enough for the other, then the suspicion is not evenly distributed, given there is not yet evidence as the basis. Then there's an argument that that is racist because the suspicion is unfounded. In other words, in the case of one's word against another, siding against the Aboriginal claimant for no other reason than suspected 'money grubbing', could be viewed as racist.

Why could the question not be, "I wonder if Sheedy is lying? What does he have to lose?"

Also, if they were simply looking for a payday, why would they arbitrarily target the guy who has (since the alleged time) done so much to support the Aboriginal community? They could have targeted anyone if they were lying and looking for a payday. It wouldn't make sense. Ironically, Sheedy's work since also means it doesn't make sense.
I don't think they are. I think they're targeting a wide group he just happens to be a part of.

Yeah my feelings too.

I mean if it keeps raising attention to an issue that still, somehow in 2024, is bubbling around..... worth the cash? I dunno, it's not mine to spend.

I am an upper middle class white male who has never experienced racism, at any level.

My opinion on it comes from a very low base.

So they're not just arbitrarily targeting Kevin then? He was one of a few?

And the explanation for naming Sheeds is pretty clear. Not arbitrary at all.

Last edited:
Collusion is a real thing.

Especially when people stand to benefit monetarily at the expense of someone's reputation.
So is lying to protect your image.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back