AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone getting juddery, jerky gameplay on the PC version nowdays? I've got a beefy i7, something is seriously up with the game now I've reinstalled it. I've tried low settings too, it's not the issue. I have to do a clean reboot for smooth gameplay. This is only for AFL too, all other games are fine.

Is anyone getting juddery, jerky gameplay on the PC version nowdays? I've got a beefy i7, something is seriously up with the game now I've reinstalled it. I've tried low settings too, it's not the issue. I have to do a clean reboot for smooth gameplay. This is only for AFL too, all other games are fine.
I have a laptop with these specs:
AMD E-450 APU @ 1.66 Ghz Dual Core
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 6320 with 384Mb Shared Memory
I only get 10-20 FPS
My desktop though it doesn't start (probably because it only has integrated graphics) on it has:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66 Ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel GMA 3100
I will be getting a low profile graphics card for it very soon.
With your problem I'd contact BigAnt or Tru Blu, but first, run the game in windowed mode with task manager running and see how much of your resources it's taking.

I have a laptop with these specs:
AMD E-450 APU @ 1.66 Ghz Dual Core
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 6320 with 384Mb Shared Memory
I only get 10-20 FPS
My desktop though it doesn't start (probably because it only has integrated graphics) on it has:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66 Ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel GMA 3100
I will be getting a low profile graphics card for it very soon.
With your problem I'd contact BigAnt or Tru Blu, but first, run the game in windowed mode with task manager running and see how much of your resources it's taking.

Thanks. Sorry it's bumpkin time - how do I run AFL in a window?

Thanks. Sorry it's bumpkin time - how do I run AFL in a window?
Firstly go to your Documents folder, then My Games, AFL Live, then open the file named Display (or Display.ini) replace the 1 next to fullscreen with a 0 (change fullscreen=1 to fullscreen=0) then save, close and open AFL Live.
It should look sort of like this: AFL.jpg

Thanks man. Can you believe it's back to running smoothly for now, it comes in at about 45 in the CPU column. I'll post a screenshot when the judders come back.

Thanks man. Can you believe it's back to running smoothly for now, it comes in at about 45 in the CPU column. I'll post a screenshot when the judders come back.
No problem mate.

Does anyone know much about installing graphics cards (a bit off-topic, but I need this to run AFL Live well.)

No problem mate.

Does anyone know much about installing graphics cards (a bit off-topic, but I need this to run AFL Live well.)

Mate how can you have the name Hackf0rce with a zero no less and not know how to install a graphics card. Wouldn't it be part of the test to have that name in the first place?

Seriously though you can't go wrong. Wack the card in the slot, connect the card to the PSU (needed it last time I installed a card and & is the only tricky part - you might have to dig through your old m/b box for the wire), plug in the monitor and fire her up, easy. You can worry about the drivers after it's installed.

If I were you I would search Youtube for an install clip for your card, they're bloody handy.

Mate how can you have the name Hackf0rce with a zero no less and not know how to install a graphics card. Wouldn't it be part of the test to have that name in the first place?

Seriously though you can't go wrong. Wack the card in the slot, connect the card to the PSU (needed it last time I installed a card and & is the only tricky part - you might have to dig through your old m/b box for the wire), plug in the monitor and fire her up, easy. You can worry about the drivers after it's installed.

If I were you I would search Youtube for an install clip for your card, they're bloody handy.
Yeah, I know how to do that, it's the fact that I have a slim desktop with only 1 molex connector, would I still be able to chuck a graphics card in by using an adaptor, I have a 9600GT but it's a full size and won't fit. I want to know if I should use a low profile card and be done with it.

Yeah, I know how to do that, it's the fact that I have a slim desktop with only 1 molex connector, would I still be able to chuck a graphics card in by using an adaptor, I have a 9600GT but it's a full size and won't fit. I want to know if I should use a low profile card and be done with it.

My two cents is go with a low profile and be done with it. I've never heard of people overcoming space issues on a mini but you know, there's probably a whole community dedicated to doing just that somewhere who would be outraged at the mere notion of giving up. Doubt they're on BF though.

My two cents is go with a low profile and be done with it. I've never heard of people overcoming space issues on a mini but you know, there's probably a whole community dedicated to doing just that somewhere who would be outraged at the mere notion of giving up. Doubt they're on BF though.
Do they need a direct connection to the PSU or can they have their power transmitted through the motherboard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the card.

Sorry Hackf0rce there are no easy answers to this one but as I said, I reckon just keep it simple and just go with a smaller card.

I know it's a longshot, but is anyone running this game on a Radeon 5450, my PSU can only handle this and nothing higher (the PSU is a weird shape and hard to find). The game should run but I just want to check, cheers.

I know it's a longshot, but is anyone running this game on a Radeon 5450, my PSU can only handle this and nothing higher (the PSU is a weird shape and hard to find). The game should run but I just want to check, cheers.

If i could run it on my old Radeon 6450 on High then you should be fine on medium/low

If i could run it on my old Radeon 6450 on High then you should be fine on medium/low
Thanks mate, I have a 9600GT sitting on my desk that won't fit in my case, plus my PSU would die trying to run it. So I'm getting a low profile 5450, better than the Intel GMA 3100 that AFL Live won't even start on :/

I just had a look at some stats and the 5450 is basically even with the 6450 (4% difference in benchmarks) so it looks like this may run it on high. I'll see when I get it and install it.

Yes, but the AI is a little bit dumber than the console versions, you're still up for a challenge on legendary though :)

Agree. There's definitely an AI difference on PC that really comes out on legendary. The amount of times the AI can't find an option to kick to from a mark or free is ridiculous & kicking for goal can be atrocious at times even when not under pressure. I actually asked Ross about this way back when and he reconfirmed the AI is identical. It's just not the case.

Still a happy customer though. Love the load times.

Hi I havent been able to verse anybody on pc, and i bought the game last September. Please add my gamertag: Sopranobus2
Well, yes, I have an Xbox controller. It´s good, took some time to adjust because i was using a ps2 gamepad...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back