Preview AFL NAB Challenge 1 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Tony Ireland Stadium, 3:40PM (local) Sunday 1 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL NAB Challenge Match 1
Gold Coast V Geelong

Gold-Coast-Logo.gif
--------- V ---------
Geelong-logo-2008.gif

Sunday 1 March
Tony Ireland Stadium, Townsville 3:40PM Local Time (4:40PM AEDT)
Townsville Forecast Townsville Radar

You sound a bit excited, SJ :)
Love it SJ
Probably one of the more interesting pre-season matches in a little while. With all the new recruits & draftees could be somewhat of a new look Geelong line up. Will be good to see how they line up and the dynamics of the team with Clark at CHF (from all reports he's looking likely to play early in the year). It's only a practice match so I doubt we will learn a heap but usually means plenty of exposure for the young players and who isn't excited to see Cockatoo in action!

First pregame thread of the year Woohoo:cool:
I know- it just seems so far away, still- but I've been excited since we had such a big turnover of the list.
Love it SJ
Probably one of the more interesting pre-season matches in a little while. With all the new recruits & draftees could be somewhat of a new look Geelong line up. Will be good to see how they line up and the dynamics of the team with Clark at CHF (from all reports he's looking likely to play early in the year). It's only a practice match so I doubt we will learn a heap but usually means plenty of exposure for the young players and who isn't excited to see Cockatoo in action!
I think that's what the most exciting thing about this preseason is, for me- add in the return of some LTIs and my excitement-o-meter is just whooshing past anything that WOWEEEEE McEvoy or Thyril the Thriller can produce in BT and Bwuce!

Blease gets the ball at our defensive 50, goes for a Wojcinski-like dash down the wing beating everyone, handpasses to Cockatoo who takes another couple of bounces, then kicks it long inside 50 & what an amazing grab from Vardy! He plays on, handpasses over the top to Menzel who kicks a goal what a play!

#NewRecruits :D

Blease gets the ball at our defensive 50, goes for a Wojcinski-like dash down the wing beating everyone, handpasses to Cockatoo who takes another couple of bounces, then kicks it long inside 50 & what an amazing grab from Vardy! He plays on, handpasses over the top to Menzel who kicks a goal what a play!

I'm guessing Jansen laid a bone crushing shepherd somewhere along the line there ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are you excited to see pull on the hoops in this game?

Cockatoo, Jansen, Clark, Stanley, Bews would be fascinating to see.

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Vardy, Menzel and Cowan!
Cowan, at this stage, is looking very likely. He was really up and about at the open training last week and would have to be almost a certainty to play. I think he has a lot of potential so I will definitely be keeping an eye on him. Will be interesting to see if he is able to come straight in and have an impact after such a long lay off (fitness wise he looks OK but form wise and finding his feet may take time)
I'd be happy if Vardy was back into full training at this stage. And Menzel, oh boy, if he got ANY game time during the NAB Challenge I just don't know if I'd be able to handle it!! :drunk:

No- if he had, Daniel McL would've mentioned it, I'm sure.
He must've been just coming back onto the ground after having 10 staples in his head after an horrific clash a short while earlier.

Was that from runnng through the changeroom wall in his eagerness to get out on the ground?

How on earth did you get all the way thru that with no JJ reference.

I sense a turncoat! :p

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back