Preview AFL NAB Challenge 1 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Tony Ireland Stadium, 3:40PM (local) Sunday 1 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be trying to get there. Only a 6hr drive.
I don't know anyone else up there, will most likely drag partner and newborn. Have the cats dummy and comforter ready to go.
If anyone would like to catch up for a beer and chat, that would be great.
:thumbsu: That's REAL loyalty!!
Maybe you can borrow the young bub's dummy and have a spit when things go wrong?

I will be trying to get there. Only a 6hr drive.
I don't know anyone else up there, will most likely drag partner and newborn. Have the cats dummy and comforter ready to go.
If anyone would like to catch up for a beer and chat, that would be great.

I will travel down from Cairns for a look. Are you South or North of T'ville?

:thumbsu: That's REAL loyalty!!
Maybe you can borrow the young bub's dummy and have a spit when things go wrong?

The only possible thing going wrong would be turning up to a full wet match that gets cancelled. Touchwood.

I will travel down from Cairns for a look. Are you South or North of T'ville?

Im South at the moment between Emerald and Longreach. Its only 610km. Most likely head up Friday, Set up camp, try and spontaneously run into the players somewhere. They should have some promotional functions i will try and get to.

It is sticky at the moment and plenty of afternoon showers. There hasn't been many "cyclonic" or fierce storms up here. Brisbane has copped a bit. Mackay through to Cairns has been a pretty good storm season with not to much devastating damage.

How on earth did you get all the way thru that with no JJ reference.

I sense a turncoat! :p

GO Catters

Please mate that's why I included the '#NewRecruits' part to make sure people knew it was about the others for a change :p

I can go back to more Jansen posts if you prefer? :D

Who are you excited to see pull on the hoops in this game?

Cockatoo, Jansen, Clark, Stanley, Bews would be fascinating to see.

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Vardy, Menzel and Cowan!

We might see Cowan, we definitely will not see Vardy or Menzel in the pre-season at all. The club has already said this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fringe players that I'm looking forward to seeing in order: Cowan Smedts Lang Hartman Jansen Kolodjashnij Walker

There ares some with little pressure and some with the MPA's in the press starting to build.

So yeah withe the mids , all the kids 2012, 13, 14 .. The whispers on Gore etc can they come on quicker than norm

and then we have the guys like Cowan , Smedts , Blease .... they do not have years up their sleeve. Smedts PS has been mentioned more than once. Blease has been a little quieter. Cowan little news at all.

Then talls , Kolo playing with his brother running around , Walker can he just confound everyone and demand selection and who and what is our ruck setup.

There ares some with little pressure and some with the MPA's in the press starting to build.

So yeah withe the mids , all the kids 2012, 13, 14 .. The whispers on Gore etc can they come on quicker than norm

and then we have the guys like Cowan , Smedts , Blease .... they do not have years up their sleeve. Smedts PS has been mentioned more than once. Blease has been a little quieter. Cowan little news at all.

Then talls , Kolo playing with his brother running around , Walker can he just confound everyone and demand selection and who and what is our ruck setup.

I heard Fish say he was just 80kgs the other day to in that Adventure Park video. He is fit but not huge. Im wondering of the size gives a clue as to him being more an outside than inside mid these days. Keeping him lighter will promote the longer runs ( good I hope it works)

Go Catters

I heard Fish say he was just 80kgs the other day to in that Adventure Park video. He is fit but not huge. Im wondering of the size gives a clue as to him being more an outside than inside mid these days. Keeping him lighter will promote the longer runs ( good I hope it works)

Go Catters

You're better than me I gave that vid about a minute and that was enough. 80Kgs for Cowan ( why Fish ) Maybe lighter and outside helps him stay fit , but outside would mean run harder too. Im not fussed , Id just hope he can play well enough , for long enough to justify the faith in him.

Go Catters

I think this season we will see Cowan as a mainly outside player who gets the ball and uses it very smartly. Next season he will put on 5kg of muscle and be an inside mid. Fingers crossed.

It won't surprise me if we get creamed by GC, but our NAB Cup / Challenge form over the past decade has been pretty good.

All I want is no injuries

I reckon both sides will be fairly switched on early. Both need to hit the ground running given their tough schedules to start the year. Cats should really be too good, 3-4 goal win I reckon. Our newbies will be super eager to put in a fine showing with quite a few spots up for grabs.

This page shows the games that are telecast (they have 'FOXTEL' against them): http://www.afl.com.au/fixture/nab-challenge

If you don't have Foxtel I highly recommend getting a subscription to the AFL live app - $90 includes all the NAB challenge games + every game live. Get pumped!

Looked into it, and I'm not sold as its only for tablets and phones. Is there a way you can get it on a laptop anyone know?

It won't surprise me if we get creamed by GC, but our NAB Cup / Challenge form over the past decade has been pretty good.

They will be playing an undermanned squad also, no omeara, ablett and prestia has been injured. Same as you though, just no injuries

If we get creamed it could be related to not recognising most of their rd 1 team.
Ablett, Prestia, O'Meara, May, Day, McKenzie all thought to miss, for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back